Memorial week mommies May 30

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Good morning ladies! James woke us early. I went in to get him and he was on his stomach, leg caught in the crib and then when he heard me he turned his head and smacked it on the Ocean Wonders toy. Poor kid had a rough start. I offered to put him back to bed and start over but he wasn't havin it. :p

I agree Melanie that there isn't a "bad" 20 mile run. ;)

Any fun plans today? My mom is coming over and we are supposed to hang out in the pool while DH works.

BBL!

Poor James, little buddy!
Aw, I sound bad, it was just a hard run. The kind where you want to walk, but don't because I am so stubborn! BBL ! Happy SUndaY!

Day 2 of insanity rotation done! Wehew! Dont know if I can keep this up!

We are just teasin 'bout the run Christine! Off to swim!

Hi ladies...remember me??lol
Sorry I havent been around. The movers come Wednesday so its crunch time here.
I have actually been very overwelmed..eating too much...not able to workout...and just not myself. I am so excited about school...but so down about leaving dh. I have a great little house to rent..its perfect for mom, haley, kara and me. Dh will come weekends...and we go to Fla for a week...so it won't be too bad.

Lets see......Friday was Haley's last day at school..yayyy... Kara cut her first tooth...and I have put on 5 lbs.....exciting news uh!

I need to read and catch up on everyone!

Hi Susan! (Waving and jumping up and down!)) Yes we remember you! Aww shucks, once you get settled, those five pounds will be gone! Make sure you get lots of nookie in with DH before he leaves! Kara has a tooth??!! Wow! How did she do? Thanks for saying hi! Can't wait til you can join us again!

Just got out of pool with mom and James. It was a gorgeous day and James loved it! I am pooped....waiting on DH to get home from work then havin turkey burgers on the grill.

Hi ladies. Been a lazy day here. The weather sucks. It looks like it's going to rain any minute....but doesn't. It's 65-70 degrees. Yesterday it was almost 90 degrees!!! I got the girls all ready in the stroller and went off for a run, but turned around and came home (chickened out b/c of rain risk). I just can't get behind the t.v. to do videos for some reason. I can't remember last time I did a DVD.

I really wanted to try to get to church this AM. Pastor wanted to pray over me and Myranda. Her dr's appt is Friday with pediatric hematologist/oncologist in Fargo. I'm praying everything is fine & it's just a boring trip to the "big" city (5 hrs away). I couldn't motivate this AM. My anxiety is getting better but my mojo is still very very low.

Dad is officially on hospice. Mom had an issue with his clogged GTube port & wasn't able to flush it out. She called for help and they wouldn't help her...said she needed to bring Dad to ER. That was the last straw. They know Dad wouldn't leave the hospital once admitted. Poor Dad. It would break his heart to die in the hospital. I'm glad they have hospice involved now. It's hard to believe my superman Dad was so strong less than 6 months ago. Cancer sucks.

Jen, I want to take the kids to your place to swim in your pool.

Christine, I want to run with you

Susan, I want to help you pack

Lisa, I want to shop at Macy's & go garage saleing with you

Precila, I would love for you to cook some authentic Mexican/hispanic food for me

Kendra, I'd love for us to get all our kids together at the beach. I imagine you as a really laid back type of gal....rub off on me!

Allison, I want you to cook for me and my family for the next month.

Waves to all!

Hey ladies! I've been a bit MIA lately...visiting in-laws and my phone has a tough time with connection in "the sticks :) Melanie-this is about as far 'up north' as I get (princeton...st. cloud area). That would be so much fun garage saling together. It's funny being in the same state yet SO far away from each other!

Susan-sorry about those 5lbs..you'll work them right off in the sack ;) I'm sure this must be a very stressful time with all the changes.

Jen-good luck with your Insanity rotation. It's been SO long since I've done an Insanity, due to my pesky cold. I was thinking about that FB bananas post, and now that I'm thinking about it, was it actually Insanity??? I just can't see cool Shaun T saying something like that....seems more along the line of the RevAbs guy!

Christine-I wish you lived closer so that you could help me cook and then be my trainer to run it off!

I'm enjoying the best glass of cab right now...so if there are any typos, blame the wine :). I got in a short workout this am...25 min run outside (with a little walking break, of course). My eats have been pretty good this weekend, with the exception of the wine and last night's 2 Captain/cokes when we went out to a late night dinner with friends.

Nothing too newsy here..pretty uneventful. Hope you all are having a nice weekend!

forgot to ask...Melanie and Christine (since you have boys)-Caden has always had problems with leaking his diapers (up the front). I've tried Huggies (including overnights), Pampers, Luvs, and he still leaks at night if he drinks too much. Now that he is wearing shorts and a t-shirt pjs, he seems to be pushing down his diaper in his sleep or something. Because of this, he's soaking wet EVERY morning! Any thoughts on how to keep him dry?? When he was wearing a sleeper, he didn't leak unless he drank too much. I tried a onesie on him one night (which is hard to find one to fit him) and he still leaked. Ideas??

Susan- Hello friend! I am so glad to hear that you are doing okay. Those 5 lbs will be off in no time! I like unpacking because each time you lean down, you do a squat! This is a hard time for you all and I wish we were able to help. Now go get in the bedroom and give DH a present! wink wink! Missed you so much!
Lisa- Jimmy and john are huge pee at night guys. Even when I limit liquids. I get diapers a size biger than usual, Huggies Overnights. And you can put a maxi pad around the top. I told Jimmy it was a pee pee protector and he was fine with it. I switched him to The Goodnites underpants a ways back, because they hold so much more. But it depends on how big Caden is. THe smalls are still biug. You coudl put a goodnite OVER the overnight diaper for protection. So, we usually counted on it being wet bed, I would double sheet the bed, with a waterproof protector between layers so that it was easy to change the bed at night. He just started underpants to bed at 4, and we still cannot get through the night. I heard that it is a hormone thing. I am about to open wine too, CHEERS! Hope you continue a great trip and get rid of the cold. We all have a pesky cold here too. Boo.
Jen- Sounds like you have had a great day, yay!
Melanie- Have you got a rain cover for yoru jogger? I love mine. Sorry that the weather was not great for you. No fair! I get like that with DVDs too. I cannot focus on them when I am feelign anxious or depressed. I need a fresh brain to focus on the show. In time, you will get there. Right now, do what feels good. Snuggle, read somethign that you enjoy, call yoru dad. I wish that things were easier for you right now. Hospice is so caring, at least he is in good hands. Thinking of you.
Priscilla- LOVE the pictures of Daniel, he is so cute and expressive. Wow! How is your ankle doing? When does MIL come?
Jimmy did cathe Hiit 40/20 and STS abs with me this mornign! He rocked. I gave him my high step topper. Then we blew up the pool and he is exhausted after playing all afternoon. DH just went out to go get a grill. I bought steaks and have been marinating them all day. I am making a spring risotto with asparagus, peas and ham. And I got yummy crunchy sourdough bread that I am going to toast with pesto and prosciutto on top! Piggy night! Yummy! And wine! Woo hoo!
Allison- How are you doing? How is the family adn step kid thing going? ANy new recipes? I tried some great ones last week from cooking light. Here they are:
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=689936
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/eating-well/pulled-pork-recipe/index.html

for the hoisin buns, I used ground turkey adn used pillsbury rolls and rolled them out... so easy. so good. served with edamame with basil sesame oil and sesame seeds and garlic.

Lisa- Yes it was Shaun T...I couldn't believe it either. It was on the second DVD...can't remember the name. I better take notes on keeping James dry as he gets older. Always good to know. Wine sounds yummy! I plan on having a few beers tomorrow while hanging out in pool with DH. :D

Christine- Your dinner sounds amazing! I think I want steak tomorrow for Memorial Day. We had the turkey burgers tonight and they were ok. I bet Jimmy did a great job with the workout! What a good boy!

Melanie- I get that way with DVD's too. I wish you could come over for a swim. It might help you to relax. Water does that for me. Doesn't matter how stressed out or anxious I get, I get around water and I am zen! I will keep Myranda in my prayers.

Okay fussy baby, he is WAAYYY over tired from swimming. Hope I get to bed early. I am wiped....Good night all!

Hi
You ladies are sooo sweet! I know things will get back to normal soon! I don't do well when out of my comfort zone but I am trying to be flexible!

Jen-Kara really didnt have a prob with her tooth. She didnt drool at all. She would bite and kinda "grrr" on things but didn't act like it hurt. We had one rough night..but don't even know if htat was from teething.

No teethers for us yet. I tend to have late bloomers in the tooth realm. My girls are starting to get on all fours and rock back-n-forth. Our little Jadon walked at 6 months. We have early movers, late talkers. We'll see if the girls follow suit.

Christine~I forgot to tell you that I've been listening to Brooke's ppd CDs. She has such a gentle voice. She had very severed ppd. Mine feels very minor compared to hers. I enjoyed listening to the James Dobson one with your mom. That is so precious. I hadn't realized that was actually your mom's story until AFTER I listened to it. Thank you so much for sharing that part of your life with me, you are an awesome friend! Oh, and I don't have a rain cover for this twin stroller (I had one with my single and loved it). I do have a mosquito net. I might have to put that on my wish list!

Lisa~ I never had leaking issues with the boys. With Justin Huggies worked best, with Jadon Pampers worked best. With the girls Pampers work best (now we're using cloth). I did use Christine's trick (about using size bigger at nighttime).

Susan- It's funny you say that about the "grr" cause James just did that Saturday on a towel. He bit down real hard and clenched his fists. I wonder if his is coming soon.....he drools like a faucet though.

Melanie- WOW! On all fours already! Go girls! Walked at 6 months??? Your kids sure kept you moving from an early age! James is just starting to push his arms straight and look around. He tries to get one leg under him but can't quite figure it out. It is the most amazing thing watching him figure these things out. :D

Any big plans for Memorial Day? I hope none of my favorite mommy friends are working. Today will be super low key. DH is mowing the grass and then we will be swimming. Thinking about grilling some steak and some beer. Have a great Memorial Day ladies!!!

Morning!
Melanie-wow your girls are zooming right ahead! When K is sitting she'll put her hands o\in front of her on the floor and rock like she wants to go..so I guess shes working on it. Haley has a VERY mature mouth. She was totally done losing teeth at 8..some of her friends at 10 have more to lose. Haley didnt walk til 13 months though. Its amazing how all our babies are so different in ways.

Jen-Im suprised Kara didnt drool. I bet you'll see a tooth soon. I saw one under the skin..and within 3 days I could feel it. Kara loves to chew/suck on a washcloth in the bathtub...I have to use 2..one to wash and one for her..she waits for it now and gets so excited lol. No big plans today. We grilled out ribs yesterday so today we are taking beds down and organzing what moves and whats stays here.

Waves to everyone!

Yes, every child is different at developmental stuff. With Jory I was so competitive & wanted him to be "super" baby. LOL Strange thing is the girls aren't really sitting alone yet. They are still "supported sitters". I am working with them a little, but they don't have that down yet.

Plans for today? Well...... my anxiety is much much much much much better. :D Thank you, Lexapro (and prayers). My energy (mojo) is at about 6/10 :( and yesterday I didn't get my afternoon bump of energy. :( Weird. I am not as patient with the kids as I normally am, and have even had to tell the boys to back away from me, that they were too close (not like me).

I try to get something achieved everyday. Yesterday I finished all my laundry, cleaned the stove, made a loaf of Eziekiel bread. Today maybe I'll try my hand on my first batch of homemade baby food? I have to find the ice cube trays first! It's not as gloomy outside so I want to take girls for a five mile jog.

So babyfood & a jog. I should be able to handle that!

Melanie- It is so neat to hear how different our kids are. I read about your jog on FB. Good job!

Today was Cardio Recovery disc with Insanity. No jumping around but it was still tough resistance-wise. Had a great day at the pool and again, I'm ready for bed. Grilled steaks (made an awesome marinade!) roasted asparagus and baked sweet potatoes. YUM!

Hope my bestest mommy friends had a great day with their families!

Good morning mommies! I did not want to get out of bed. I have a "sun hangover" :p My lat muscles are so sore from all the plank work in the Cardio recovery DVD. I'm tellin ya, Shaun T surprises me everytime!

Looks like we will have a busy day at work! Hope everyone has a great day!!

Morning mommies. Woke up to the sound of pouring rain. Hopefully it'll clear up today & not rain the entire day. It's been raining alot lately.

Kindergarten end-year party at school today. I don't know if it's going to be a graduation type thing? I entire family is going this afternoon. I'm so proud of my Justin. :D I am so thankful that I have the day off so I'm able to attend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.