Mega Step Blast?

fitfool

Cathe,
I love all these new DVDs but some days just want to do something easy and simple. Mega Step Blast is one of my favorites for those days but can't find it on your DVD series.
How come? I know eventually my old VCR is gonna eat the tape or I want be able to find a VCR to play it!! Can't you put this on one of your Classic Combo DVD?
Laurie

That would be great!! In fact, making a "new" Greatest Hits would be cool. Cathe, you could call it "Blast from the Past" and use only your much older step workouts in new combinations!! It'd be a walk or a "step" down memory lane!

Mega Step was my very first Cathe workout about a million years ago!

I was stepping to Step Reebok, Gilad, Kari Anderson and Kathy Smith. I thought I was doing the "hardest workouts on Earth". Then I tried Mega Step and Cathe. Whew! Mega Step quickly became known as the Mega "death" Step workout. The first time I did the bun-blaster segment I almost fainted.

Amazing how when I was 35 it kicked my butt and today at 55 it is my "after the flu recovery workout."

While the workout no longer challenges me the way Cathe's new one's do, I think it is an extremely well crafted, timeless step workout. Plus the lace bike shorts helped me to convince my husband to learn step. ;)

Debbie Russo

Re: Mega Step Blast

Here's an idea. How about Mega Step Blast in combo with some "bonus/challenge" segments. Such as, tack on Rymthic Step Challenge. Step Blast Challenge & Maximun Intensity Challenge. That way we could have a moderate main workout and then kick it out as much as we wanted to at the end.
PS. I got this tape ( Mega Step Blast) when I was 40 --still kicking it at 61!!

I loved it,too, but it might be one of the older workouts that SNM said could not be converted to modern technology (master tapes old/poor quality, if I recall correctly).

Mega Step was my very first Cathe workout about a million years ago!

I was stepping to Step Reebok, Gilad, Kari Anderson and Kathy Smith. I thought I was doing the "hardest workouts on Earth". Then I tried Mega Step and Cathe. Whew! Mega Step quickly became known as the Mega "death" Step workout. The first time I did the bun-blaster segment I almost fainted.

Amazing how when I was 35 it kicked my butt and today at 55 it is my "after the flu recovery workout."

While the workout no longer challenges me the way Cathe's new one's do, I think it is an extremely well crafted, timeless step workout. Plus the lace bike shorts helped me to convince my husband to learn step. ;)

Debbie Russo

This thread is too funny! Mega Step Blast I believe came out in 1994 and also was my very first Cathe workout! And like you Debbie back in the day it killed me! I remember telling my husband WOW what a workout!!! I am 52 now and again like you will throw it in every now and then when I want a some what easy workout!!!! HA HA HA!!!

Step Max and Mega Step Blast VHS tapes both say they copyright or came out in 1995.

Step Max was my first Cathe work out, I took it to the 2008 road trip and Cathe signed it for me :):):)

Later at one of our dinners a Lady at another table had the same tape with her, I thought LOL I'm not the only one:D

It's fun to go back and do those work outs again, a walk down memory lane that kicks butt :p

Brigitte:)

Step Jam is another oldie, but goodie that I return to occasionally. The choreography is straightforward (I have no trouble going back to it as I do with more complex step workouts), and the cardio challenge is intermediate to advanced (IMHO).

I just did Mega Step Blast for the first time today. I found a new/sealed VHS copy a while back and just opened it today. Man I LOVE this step workout!! I want to have this on a digital or DVD version so I always have it. I had so much fun and burned great calories. The label on the VHS says 2005, but at the end of the credits it says 1994. I've done Cathe's workouts for well over 10 years -- such a treasure. :)

I just did Mega Step Blast for the first time today. I found a new/sealed VHS copy a while back and just opened it today. Man I LOVE this step workout!! I want to have this on a digital or DVD version so I always have it. I had so much fun and burned great calories. The label on the VHS says 2005, but at the end of the credits it says 1994. I've done Cathe's workouts for well over 10 years -- such a treasure. :)
Don't some places, like Walmart I think, transfere stuff from VHS to DVD? I thought I saw that in a store once. I have to think that there is some company out there that will do this for you. I've never tried this workout.

Don't some places, like Walmart I think, transfere stuff from VHS to DVD? I thought I saw that in a store once. I have to think that there is some company out there that will do this for you. I've never tried this workout.

I have a machine I bought years ago on QVC that transfers VHS tapes to a blank DVD. It's kind of time-consuming to run through (maybe 10 minutes a tape per transfer), but worth it for things that aren't commercially available on DVD. I did this for all of my grandmother's old videotapes from her dinosaur camcorder that weighed 15 lbs. If you have a lot of VHS to convert over, it can definitely be worth the investment. Otherwise, yeah, some WalMarts will transfer them for a small cost. :)

Too funny, I just dusted this one off this morning and did it for the first time in ages - it was my first Cathe workout too! The moves are basic, but doing it on an 8" step is still a good work out...it is easier for me now at 54 than it was at 40. I remember huffing and puffing and not being able to make it through the last section!

And I took all my old favorite video work outs and spent a weekend transferring to DVD the ones not re-released on DVD so I can keep doing them. :)

I wish Cathe could do a new one that is like these and some great music. Like I like straight forward stepping some days to just get in a good workout without to much jumping on the floor and just step. But with now days music or some top 40 or classic rock. That way add risers to make it harder if u want to. These step jam, step heat and mega step blast are great for days like that but the music on mine are really low sounding and is love to have up to date versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought some software so I can now connect my VHS player to my computer and transfer my VHS tapes to either DVD or to mpeg files ... or both. :)

LOVED the dance moves! Party Rockin' Step is hard to learn but FUN! Still miss the dancey cool downs though. Would love to see this one on DVD. Would also love to see an updated version.

I loved Mega Step Blast and would definitely like to see it in an upcoming Greatest Hits DVD. My VHS copy died a long time ago.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.