Meet Mishka my german shepherd puppy!

janie1234

Cathlete
003.jpg

002-2.jpg

My photo's are not as nice as Cynthia's Isabella (I think that is her name) but she's a real sweetie pie. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

Good luck to you Janie! I know you REALLY want this to work out.

Carrie

Thanks everyone! Yes Carrie, . . .I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want this to work out. It is amazing how different each dogs personality is. Mishka so far seems really friendly and mellow, . . very cautious yet curious. Great with kids, . .but the breeder said that he was helping to introduce her to everything because of our previous situation :( He picked her out based on our family.
This morning she met a few people and sat down and let them pet her. My other dog would have knocked everyone over and nipped at them. She's going to be HUGE her dad is 85lbs and her mom 75lbs. I'm going to a dog training camp when she turns 4 months old where they see us 1 day a week for 6 months.

Hi Janie

Mishka is beautiful. There is an elderly couple who walk an old German Shepherd also called Mishka over the fields by my house. She is also very adorable although a few years older than your girl. Give her a big kiss off me.

Laura
x

Absolutely adorable!! I have a soft spot for German Shepherds as my first dog with DH was a female Shepherd and she was the sweetest dog ever!

Best of luck to you!!

Congrats Janie!!!!!!! I am sure that everything will be WONDERFUL for you this time around. Enjoy the puppy breath! :)

Is she (he?) home with you now? Looking forward to cute puppy stories and more pics!

Oh Janie! How wonderful! German Shepards are such amazing and smart dogs! You are going to love her! Congratulations!

I look forward to the stories and more pictures as she grows up!

Janie,
I'm so excited for you!! I hope things go smoothly with Mishka!

Remember her window for socialization is open until about 16 weeks so make sure you expose her to everyone/thing that you can in a safe and secure way before then.
Hugs and best wishes!!
Lisa

I agree with Lisa! Make sure to socialize her with all types of people AND animals. I really think my Sandy wasn't socialized and now she is aggressive towards other dogs. I think it all stems from not knowing how to act around them. She doesn't realize "butt sniffing" is the dog equivalent of "hi, how are you?" Instead she puts her butt down, growls and nips! We have two cats at home and she is totally fine with them!

Carrie

Too precious Janie!!! I'm so happy for you! :D:D:D:D:D
I'm telling you now....keep lots of chews around for teething! Teething can get crazy! :eek: I've gone through 50 cow trachea and at least 50 Texas toothpicks (but Maximus is chewing these with Isabella for moral support:p). The Texas Toothpicks seem to give her the most relief. I think it's because she can sink her teeth into them.

what a precious little pup. Congratulations!!!!
My dog is a german sheperd mix and she is the SWEETEST dog ever, much more than my golden I used to have!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.