March 2012 Rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
MARCH MADNESS 2012

Hi Everyone! Can you believe it’s March already? Before you know it the temperatures will be on the rise and you’ll be scrambling for a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Don’t spend half of that beautiful day finding the right pair of shorts to cover up an area you wish you would have worked harder. Don’t try to dig up a lightweight long sleeve top because you are afraid to bear your arms that you wished you would have focused on toning up a bit more. Erase those worries and use this plan of attack in advance. That’s right, this month is March Madness and we are going to “work work”. So push those sleeves up really high and expose the top of your deltoids so you can see those beautiful arms change before your very eyes. While you at it, put some shorts on too. You’re on your way to tight, toned and top notch legs!!!

WEEK ONE:

MON…Kick, Punch and Crunch

TUE….Legs and Glutes

WED…..IMAX 2

THURS….Step Jump and Pump

FRI…..OFF

SAT…..Hiit 40/20 plus Yoga Relax

SUN…..If sore today then do yoga relax. If not, do Cycle Max or a 45 minute interval treadmill run

WEEK TWO:

MON…Pyramid Lower Body

TUE….Pyramid Upper Body Plus Hiit 30/30

WED…..Cardio Kicks

THURS….STS Total Body

FRI…..OFF

SAT…..4Day Split Kickbox in its entirety (meaning leg and ab work are included)

SUN….. If sore today then do yoga relax. If not, do Cycle Max or a 45 minute interval treadmill run

WEEK THREE:

MON…AfterBurn

TUE….Low Impact Challenge (or a cardio step DVD of your choice)

WED…..Lower Body Blast

THURS….Total Body Trisets Upper Body Only plus Hiit Double Wave Pyramid

FRI…..Turbo Barre plus Stretch Max segment one

SAT…..Cycle Max or a 45 minute interval treadmill run

SUN…..OFF

WEEK FOUR:

MON…Body Max 2

TUE….Intensity

WED…..Muscle Max

THURS….Hit 30/30 plus segment two Stretch max

FRI…..Low Impact Circuit

SAT….. If sore today then relax. If not, do Cycle Max or a 45 minute interval treadmill run

SUN…..Cardio Supersets

Cathe, thank you so much! This sounds like a great follow-up to the February rotation. Question for you... Is this available for download into the WM as yet? I don't see it there. Perhaps I missed it? TIA for your (or anyone else's help!)

Great rotation! So happy because the first 2 weeks we have the 5 days option!
Thank you for motivating us so greatly!!! Btw, I was trying a tank top this morning and was so pleased to see how my arms have become toned!:eek: thank you for pushing me even when I'm tired and drowining in my own sweat!:D

Cathe, thank you so much! This sounds like a great follow-up to the February rotation. Question for you... Is this available for download into the WM as yet? I don't see it there. Perhaps I missed it? TIA for your (or anyone else's help!)

Carol,

I posted this question in the Support forum...I wanted to download this rotation too

Marta

I love this! Cathe is making me want to dump my current rotation and do this one instead. I love that it's so straightforward AND starts with my favorite Cathe workout!

rotation: don't have all the workouts

This is the first time I've seen a rotation that I have everything for one entire week!! That's really cool, but unfortunately, I don't have much of anything else for the rest of the rotation except BM2 and maybe a few others.

How do you all compensate for this? Maybe I should repeat week 1 4 times this month? Or do you modify with other workouts that you think are similar?

Thanks for your thoughts!
LadyLep<--- 85 pounds down, 5 more to be pre pregnancy for 4th baby (all boys!)

Bumping this for you, LadyLep. I honestly don't know the science behind all of Cathe's workouts to give you a good answer re substitutions, but hopefully someone else can chime in here. Good luck!

This is the first time I've seen a rotation that I have everything for one entire week!! That's really cool, but unfortunately, I don't have much of anything else for the rest of the rotation except BM2 and maybe a few others.

How do you all compensate for this? Maybe I should repeat week 1 4 times this month? Or do you modify with other workouts that you think are similar?

Thanks for your thoughts!
LadyLep<--- 85 pounds down, 5 more to be pre pregnancy for 4th baby (all boys!)

Hi LadyLep! You can do "week one" on week one and week three.

But for week two and week four, do your best to find a similar workout substitution. Without knowing your existing library it's hard for me to make an actual DVD suggestion, but if it's Hiit try to sub with another Hiit. If its total Body Muscle Endurance, sub with a total body muscle endurance you do have. If its step cardio, sub with another step cardio, etc.

I hope this helps :)

rotation: don't have all the workouts

Wow! Thanks for the response, Cathe, I can only imagine how busy you are.

If you are able, I'd love to hear your thoughts/recommendations with the workouts that I have:

Body Max 2
HiiT
Travel Fit
Muscle Endurance (from Fit TV)
Kick, Punch, Crunch (from Fit TV)
Legs and Glutes (from Fit TV)
Stretch (from Fit TV)
Chest and Back (from Fit TV)
Step Blast/Step, Jump & Pump
Imax 2/Cardio & Weights
Rhythmic Step/Max. Intensity Cardio/Interval Max
Core Max
Hardcore Extreme
Muscle Max
Drill Max
4Day Split

I also have a rebounder and the urban rebounder DVD and 5 Firm DVDs from 2004, I haven't used either of these in quite a while. And I have the 3 gym styles, Intensity and Timesaver Exercise in my cart. And I have Low Max, Imax 3, Step Moves, Afterburn and Slide and Glide on my wish list! STS Total Body has been on and off my wish list. I don't have a pull up bar...yet. I've also thought a lot about Butt and Guts (but no ankle weights).

Since I homeschool and have 4 boys, including a baby, my time is limited. But I have about 10-20 pounds to lose, mainly in my midsection and rear areas. I feel weak in my core and thus don't like to do a lot of core work but know I should.

I would like to know a good "template" for a rotation. I'm not sure if that would be 3-5 days of cardio and 2-3 days of strength training? Sometimes it just hard to make the time. 5-5:30am is my best workout time, but I can't always wake up. :)

Thanks!
Lady Lep

Rotations: don't have all the workouts

I should have said "STS Total Body" not the STS Mesocycle.

LadyLep

Substitutions for Week three...help

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can give me some suggestions for a couple days during the rotation this week, I do not have afterburn, low impact challenge, or turbo barre...I have alot of other cathe dvds but I do not want to cheat myself and pick the less intense ones because its my choice, so if someone can give me their opinion of which would be best subs for these three I'd really appreciate it, im sure if someone gives me a few alternatives for each I can put something together, thank you so very much!

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can give me some suggestions for a couple days during the rotation this week, I do not have afterburn, low impact challenge, or turbo barre...I have alot of other cathe dvds but I do not want to cheat myself and pick the less intense ones because its my choice, so if someone can give me their opinion of which would be best subs for these three I'd really appreciate it, im sure if someone gives me a few alternatives for each I can put something together, thank you so very much!

Hi there!

Afterburn sub w/CCC, an Imax or MIC

Low Impact Challenge sub w/any steady state cardio step (Step Moves, Rhythmic Step ect.)

Turbo Barre sub w/leg conditioning drills from LBB and Kickmax plus 15min of low weight/high rep upper body strength training (perhaps a premix from any workout that fits this description). Cathe uses 5 lbs and band work to really fatigue the upper body with LOTS of reps.

Of course, this is just my opinion and what I would substitute with. HTH!

Natasha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.