Mambo...shmombo

Hello, I have been doing Cathe's videos for several years now and love them.

Just wondering if you could breakdown the reverse mambo, I just keep trying and cannot seem to get this move.

Thanks

>Hello, I have been doing Cathe's videos for several years now
>and love them.
>
>Just wondering if you could breakdown the reverse mambo, I
>just keep trying and cannot seem to get this move.
>
>Thanks
>
I think this is a move that's difficult to describe, and easier to "get" if you look at it. I recommend watching a segment of the workout that includes the move, and paying attention to where each foot goes on each beat.

Try, try again! I got MIC, BodyMax and Stepworks oh so long ago as my first Cathe cardio. The first two I managed just fine. But Stepworks confounded me and I gave to to my sister. Years later I got SW on DVD and after many the workouts in between, some tricky, some not, I aced it! One of the things I love about DVD is it's so easy to hit the previous button and do a tricky move over and over if need be. I'm choreographically challenged so if I can do it, you can too!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

I'm just going to add that if you do not have a DVD/VCR with slow motion, maybe you have a playstation in the house that you could play your Cathe DVD's in? The slow motion on the playstation 2 is fantastic and totally smooth and controllable...not jerky. I discovered this by accident one time when my DD wanted me to watch part of movie so she rewound it and the rewind was perfect...so I said run that forward in slow motion and it was perfect also. So now if I'm having trouble getting a segment of a Cathe DVD I take it to my sons room and watch it on his PS2 and then I can do the move with the Cathe crew in slow motion until I have it down.

Brenda!

When you do the reverse Mambo, just keep going in reverse until your foot steps off the step where you started. Sooo in other words, just keep going in a HALF CIRCLE so you are facing the back of your room. Reverse that to come back to the start. I kept wanting to step off my step on the OUTSIDE facing the direction straight ahead, until I realized Cathe was facing rear. Does that make sense? (Stay on the INSIDE of your step, not the OUTSIDE!) Do I have you TOTALLY confused now?
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Brenda!

Okay. I'll attempt this. It helped me immensely to practice this on the floor quite a number of times before I tried on the step.

Face your step. Step up on the left side of your step with your right foot, turning as you go, then step up with your left foot, so you now have your back to the tv. Step down onto the floor with your right foot, then step in place with your left foot still on the step. Step back up onto the step with your right foot, then turn and step down onto the floor with your left foot and then your right foot, so you are now on the floor facing the TV. Then cha-cha-cha so you're on your other foot and do the whole thing to the other side. It sometimes helps me to count the number of steps she's taking too.

I hope this helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.