mamas 4-what day is it???!!!!

Kate - Please share the homemade breadstick recipe!! I have sewn two quilts in my life. I sew, but not always quilts. This will be my third "real" quilt. They are long projects, for me at least, since I don't have all the free time I'd like. ITA with wanting to freeze our babies. They are growing up soooo fast!! Yay on Julia's sleep!

Clarissa - Good to see you!

Talking about all this tummy sleep, Pomai ended up on her tummy last night. I didn't even know until I got up to wake my kids up for school. She was fine and looked so comfy! With my other kids, they started on their back and would end up on their tummy and they did fine. So hoping to do some weights today. Maybe I need to start myself on a GS series rotation. We'll see if I can make that commitment. Hope everyone is having a great Thursday! Who's doing Easter baskets for their kiddos?

Lisa

will post the recipe in a bit lisa...running out of nursing time!:D
warning - uses white flour and too much olive oil!:D

gs rotation sounds great. its similar to meso2 which I LOVE!!!

i love babies sleeping on their tums - that sweet little pumpkin butt shootin up! ooh, i just love to SQUEEZE HER!!:D sorry....thinking outloud!:eek::D:eek:

-
great day here! sunny....eating great....j sleeping good/getting lots done.
looove having gina home! cant wait for summr break!

note - i use homemade dough....just because i do!

Herbed Breadsticks
Makes 12

Most frozen bread dough comes in packages of 3 loaves; our favorite brand is Rhodes. These breadsticks can be served with additional extra-virgin olive oil for dipping. In step 3, be careful to not cut all the way through the dough.

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Flour for dusting work surface
1 (16-ounce) loaf frozen bread dough , thawed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Brush rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil.

2. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 12 by 6-inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet. Brush dough with remaining oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary.

3. With long side of dough facing you, use a bench scraper or sharp knife to cut halfway through dough at 1-inch intervals. Bake until golden brown, rotating pan halfway through baking, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Pull apart and serve.

Hi everyone!:D

Kate-your dinners put mine to shame:eek: I love to bake, but really hate cooking dinners. I also would love to freeze Ryder! I was packing up some of his clothes to send to my sis who is pg, and I about had a nervous breakdown that my baby doesn't fit into his clothes anymore!

Lisa-how old is your ds? How fun to be able to run w/ him!! I ran a 5k that also had a 1mile fun run for the kids. It was so fun to run w/ the boys. Owen was only 3 and he took off so fast and by the end of the block he was wiped:p He finished in 16min and Wilson did it in 11!!

Becky-glad your boobies are doing better:D Hope your trip goes well!!

Stephanie-if you are worried about putting Charlie on his tummy b/c of sids, I have a monitor that sounds an alarm if the baby goes more than 20sec w/ no movement. I am ultra paranoid so I really love having this!! And yes I still go in a check on him, in case the monitor is broken:D

Hi Maggie and Clarissa!!

So since we are talking about babies on their tummies, does everyone use the bumper pad in their cribs??? I did w/ both boys and never thought twice about it. Now they are saying they are a suffication hazard. So I googled it last night (do NOT do this if you want to be able to sleep at night) and read all these awful stories. I am going to take Ryders out!:eek:

Laundry is done from yesterday!! The older boys are with grandma today:) I got my w/o in during Ryder's nap. I am going to go and run some errands today.

Candra

Candra, I love any type of cooking but baking is def my fave!:D
I dont buy bumper pads because they dont fit in our crib. Its a standrad size crib but the slats are shaped funny and the ties dont line up just right. They come off very easy. So...before they were talkig about them being a suff hazard I had them off anyway. THEY LOOK SO CUTE THO!!!!!! Makes the bed look a little more pulled together.
Boys are gone for the day, laundry and wo done?!?! Now errands??!!? What a great day!

-
Our weather is great - sunny! A little breezy but we went for a walk anyway. Not too far - just to see some horses down the street. Nice to be outside!!

Hi ladies--

All the kids measured their stomachs today. Gwens is 20" and dd12's is 22". We all had a good laugh (We are laughing with you, Gwen, not at you....well,not really....)

Well Gwen does this little twisty thing with her hand right in front of her face as though she is fascinated by its movements. I, like Kate, also love how she lights up whenever she sees me. I'm soooo popular!

I've never put my babies to sleep on their stomachs, but my mother put me to sleep on my stomach--that was the recommendation then--and I turned out okay. My true confessions are many--Here's just one: because of scraps left on the floor by children who will remain anonymous, Gwen has already been exposed to both peanut butter and strawberries.

+++++
Stephanie--I'm glad your experience with ballet was a good one. I don't know how I ended up with the bad experience that I did. When I was 16, I was a healthy size 3 (before vanity sizing) and was told by the company with which I was an apprentice to get down to 95 lbs (I'm 5'4)--they didn't care how--just do it. Well, I became bulemarexic and got into negative sizes. I struggled with bulemia for years. Then there was all the other stuff....anyway, I don't mean to be such a downer. Oh and my dh loved dolls when he was little and he grew up to be a manly man and a great dad, so tell your dh I wouldn't worry about it;).

Kate--one thing I'm not--a cleaning nazi;). (okay, I just couldn't resist, I'll stop.) I can't wait for meso 2--good job on the muscles. And ooohhh those bread sticks sound good. Dh has "forbidden" me from making bread with my soups as he is convinced that it is making him fat (a relative term--he no longer has six pack abs, but a very small layer of chub over his belly as he approaches 40) One can't tell unless he's not wearing a shirt--oooh la la! Anyway, I don't have much sympathy for him...

Lisa--way to go on the weight loss! :DMy house isn't getting as clean as I'd hoped, but I am decluttering somewhat, exposing all the grossness underneath, just screaming for soap and water....groan....It sounds like your daughter is having a great experience with ballet--just stay involved and aware as she gets older, especially if she becomes serious about it--my parents did not do that and I even moved away from home when I was 15 to study more intensely--very vulnerable. Anyway, I hope I'm not freaking you out.

Becky--I would love the freedom to shred bank statements. Are they really all on line, so if we got audited or something it would all be there? Oh I am so behind the times and paper clutter is the bane of my existence (well one of them anyway.) Good luck on your speech!:D

Candra--I don't use a bumper pad, because I don't use a crib--babies sleep with me (another "confession";)--but I've confessed that one before)

Hi Clarissa, Hi Wendy!

+++++

My MIL does the Easter baskets. Bargain shopping is her hobby--she is retired and this is what she does. She didn't make ds14 a basket this year, but paid for his eye exam instead--yeah, baby!

take care all
Maggie:)

hey mama maggie! im totally jealus of co-sleepers! we did it w/ gina but it just doesnt work well for us - my sleep is very restless this way. and dh is scared to death he'll roll over too far. but im so happy it works for you!!
lol at the bellies! and soooo popular!:D:D:D:p
wtg at the cleaning - even if it isnt as much as youd hoped.
dhs and their "bellies"! mike & i both have a 6pack under some fluff - i can see his a heckuva lot better than mine but i can feel mine well - does that count??!!:p:p:p

had some major work stress - and didnt eat my way thru it! hooray! it was regarding a deadbeat employee - mike fired him today. good riddance to bad rubbish! i had another attorney contact us to garnish his wages.....deadbeat

Maggie-where does Gwen take her naps? I also co-sleep w/Ryder, but his naps are in his crib:) How nice of your mil to do all the baskets. I just went to Target and bought my favorite candy, I mean the kids favorite candy:eek: to fill the baskets!:D

Kate-sorry about work stress. We know all about deadbeat employees:mad:

Candra

sooooo, candra......what is your/their fave candy???? i cant bring pb cups in the house! omw - i love them!!!

---

anybody use the shopping cart covers? i usually put j in the moby wrap for groceries but shes so social now - id love to put her in the seat. but the germs.....eeeewwww. not so worried abt her touching the cart...but teething on it - blech!!!

Kate-Snicker eggs!:D They only make them once a year so I better buy them all:rolleyes: Owen really does like them. Wilson and Mike like Pb cups.

I have a shopping cart cover, but I haven't used it yet. I put Ryder in the bjorn facing out. He loves it!

Candra

If ots not one interruption its another....Gina was needy tonight so I only got back done. Ah well.....the best laid plans....

You and Your Babies Sleep Tight!

biceps done! housework had to wait!:eek: will cardio later....maybe the vc
doing our easter eggs today. theyre boiled, will color after lunch
headed to michaels in a bit too - great sale! i miss all the walking inchicago!

another great night for j - woke up at 2 to nurse and i actually stayed awake! falling asleep in the lazyboy w/ her is soooo much my weakness. i wake up 2 hrs later completely not rested. 3 good nights in a row.....now if i could just get her naps back on track......shes having a hard time getting herself to sleep....screams ans screams.....ugh.....

I hear ya, Kate. I have a one month old (tomorrow!) and I can't get him to sleep. UGH! And my older ones are home today too. Now I just want them to go back to school. (kidding) This house is a zoo today though. :(

Happy Easter all!

clarissa, while i whole-heartedly love my kids and would give my life for them - there are some days you just want them to poof into thin air so you can snuggle your baby!:p i miss having a 1-mobth old! enjoy!!!

Very true, Kate. Everytime his little eyelids start to dose and he gets that cute little sleepy smile, the kids get too loud and he cries again. :(

PS - I am not nursing this baby...so anyway, I just switched to Nestle Good Start - anyone use this formula? I was using Enfamil and he was not having regular bowel movements so that is why I switched. Hope it works out - any thoughts anyone?

clarissa, my babies are 100% nursed and never "regular", at that stage they would sometimes poop 1x/week! my dr was never concerned - she said it was normal for bf'ing babies bec they are using evrything theyre taking in. just a thought....i know every baby is diff...this was just the casef for us

Kate - Thank you for the breadstick recipe! I might make it on Sunday! Sorry about the lack of sleep and naps for Julia. Pomai is the same way though. Her naps are stinky at home, but out and about (when I can't work out or do what I need to) she will nap for 2 hrs straight.

Candra - My ds is 9 going to be 10 this year. He plays football and basketball so he's a good person to run with. Where did you get your shopping car cover? I think I might attempt to sew one.

Maggie - I'm so sorry for your bad body image experience with ballet. I worry about that with dd also. Right now she's in a good program where teachers and students are not all stick skinny so it's good. I talk to her even at this age about being happy and confident with her body. She's thin, but not stick skinny. Very muscular and tall. Thank you for the heads up and reminder about ballet and body image though because I am concerned about it.

Clarissa - I never regularly ff my babies so I'm no help, but my ds did drink Nestle Good Start his first week when he was jaundiced and he did okay. My ped said that it was one of the more "gentle" ones on their system.

Kids are home today. I'm having the same sentiments as Candra and Kate. I swear they just got off spring break! Luckily DH is taking ds and his friends bowling this morning so it's just my odd and baby with me. I have to finish some shopping also for their baskets. I'm off to go running with ds again. No hills this time, going more for distance. Anyone interested in participating with me on being accountable for eating? I feel like I'm starting to put junk in my mouth and need to stop! Those jelly bellies are calling my name!!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.