mamas 4-what day is it???!!!!

Kate-sorry abt J's naps:( Do you nurse her to sleep? or lay her down awake?
How is the egg coloring going?

Clarissa-my boys are famous for running up the stairs yelling right when Ryder closes his eyes:eek:

Lisa-did you have a good run?? I got my cover at a baby store here in town. You can get them at www.itzyritzy.com. There are also patterns online if you are going to sew your own.

I ran 4 miles on the tm during Ryder's nap:D I just got new running shoes, they make such a difference.

There is a show in town "Walking with Dinosaurs" we are taking the boys tonight. They are so excited!!

Candra

hi candra, i lay her down awake. she nirses when she wakes up. she just got up from nap3....she did put herself to sleep but it took 20 mins.:(
your ritzy thing is so cute!!! ive been eyeing sthing similar....germs...yuck
good job on the run!
the dino thing sounds fun! we did an imax dino/sea thing before - they loved it.

productive day here! and eating good too! will do some cardio tonight.

steamed/mashed some zucchini for j for tonight - hop she likes it.

Good evening ladies. Boy, do I have a lot of posts to catch up on!

My speech went well yesterday. I have had a lot of good response from some of the higher ups at school. Supposedly I am now the "posterchild of Geriatrics at FSU". Haha. I do like old people. They are so respectful...patients my age sometimes read magazines or answer their cell phones while I am in the room with them asking questions or examining them! So rude!

I was really tired last night but since I was bad and had Indian food with lots of naan, I made sure to get some sort of w/o in. I did the first 30 minutes of Cardio Coach volume 6. I love that one! I wanted to do more, but I was pretty pooped and then Z started wailing and DH couldn't get her to take her bottle. ugh. I have to train him better!

Today I did STS disc 6. I love the floorwork on that one with the band.

I need to get better with eating. I am so craving sweets...and caving! I think I must be getting near having a cycle again...crampy and snacky. I hope it comes and goes before the move. I'd rather not have to worry about tampons when I am surrounded by men. (Since we can't afford for the moving company to move one of our cars too we have to drive both the Jeep and the Honda up...so we have a friend who's going to help us and either my brother or dad are going to fly down to help drive with us...that way we can switch off.)

Kate, when Z is awake while I workout or when I'm doing planks over her while she plays, I always say "Mommy is exercising to be fit and healthy. Exercise is fun." Haha. I remember my Mom doing Gilead when I was little. Granted, she got pretty backslidden and gained a lot of weight, but she's working it off now too. I want Zoey to have healthy role models and not have issues with food and weight, either too much or too little. So happy Julia is sleeping better again! I know how happy I am to have Z sleeping all night.

Clarissa, I have a question about the tummy sleeping at 6 weeks. I'm already past that, but I haven't even tried because Zoey hates tummy time so much. Did your babies like tummy time better? I know she'll sleep on my chest on her belly with naps, but I haven't tried flat on the mattress. I need something once she outgrows the miracle blanket (and we're getting REALLY close to that...probably should not be in it now...pretty tight). I honestly don't think the SIDS thing is from lying on the belly. I believe the whole fungus/chemical/drool in synthetic mattresses theory. That's why I got a 100% organic cotton mattress. Oh, and about formula...Zoey is on Similac Advantage. We haven't had any issues. She's pooping at least twice a day...boy it's smelly! I haven't tried any of the other formulas.

Candra, no bumper pads for us. Zoey hasn't gotten very mobile in her crib yet, especially with the swaddle, but once she does I am going to get one of those Breathable Bumpers. They are mesh. You can get them at Babies R Us.

Maggie, yes banks statements online go way back...well as long as they've had online banking. I do know that I went online today to check out whether we paid the last months rent back in 2007 when we moved here (I can't seem to find our lease :eek:) and I could still pull up the statements. We've only had that account since 2006, and I could have pulled up that far back too. I have requested we not even get paper statements anymore. I'd do the same with credit cards too, but if we don't get the bill in the mail, I won't think to pay them. :eek: Oh, and I think as long as you don't have food allergies in the family, the whole peanut butter and strawberries thing is fine.

I took Z to see the Easter Bunny today at the mall. Reminded me of Donnie Darko. She just looked up at him...it was cute. They charged 24.99 for a cd!!!:eek: Packages started at 24.99 for a 5x7 and 4 wallets and then you could get the cd for 12.99. I don't know what I'd do with 4 wallets, so I just got the cd. That is crazy markup! I still need to get a basket to put her Easter books in. Tomorrow if it doesn't rain we're going to a friends house to get some pictures of her with a real live bunny. That should be fun.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and Easter.

Becky

Becky, You will do a great job with Zoey! She's lucky to have such a great mama! MY girls LOVE to be in the rm when I wo - esp weights. Occasionally theyll do BC and KB wih me....I love it!
What nice compliments - glad the speecj went well - I woulda been a sweaty mess!!!
I feel your pain on the sweets - I can say no to most any FOOD - but sweets - yikes - willpower flies out the DOOR!
DANG on the bunny cd!!! Robbers!

Cant say Julia loved the zuke - but she ate most of it. Good girl! Another great nights sleep. 730-2, nursed, up at 7. love her!
big DDs spent night at inlaws...had fun. met them all for bfast and kept it clean!
did ssts legs this morning before we left! Which means I GET TO GO TO BED EARLY TONIGHT!!!!!!!
Last night I did 20 min on the versaclimber - should do cardio tomorrow....

Have a great Saturday/weekend!!!

Candra - Thanks for the link! The run didn't happen. They had to leave so we're actually going this morning instead. How was the movie?

Becky - Glad the speech went well. I also have a weakness for sweets and this Easter thing could really sabotage me!!

Kate - So I think I am going to attempt the breadsticks. How do you make your own dough? You're too good! Do you have a breadmaker? I will probably buy the frozen kind, but we do have a breadmaker so we'll see. How are you able to workout a lot with the kiddos? Does your DH watch while you WO or do you try to schedule it around nap/bedtime?

Okay so I have a few minutes before I am going to head out the door for a run. I ate okay yesterday. I am hoping to do better today. I am starting to get back into running so I might look into getting the baby jogger with our tax returns. We'll see! Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead!

Lisa

what a great day we've had - wo early, bfast out, big shop at michaels, home for a bit, pics @ studio for all dds, yummy dinner......i dont want spring brk to end!!!! wahh!!!! summer brk will be here soon!!
j was an absolute cheezeball ham for the pics! theyre gonna be awesome!!! we were done w/ all 3 girls in 45 mins - a record!

lisa, i use my brd machine to make the dough. what i hate abt th fr dough is you have to get it into the fridge the night before. w/ homemade i can just do it a cpl hrs beforehand. cheaper, healthier, etc etc...:)
for wo's....most of mine are at 8 after dds are all i bed. with meso2 tho ive been able to do portions of the wts while isabel is at pre-k and j naps. i neb=ver wo while j is awake. i HATEHATE being interrupted during a wo so i have to plan it accordingly. s'times i can do it in the a.m., but it has to be at 5....cant wake up any earlier!...and done by 6. mike leaves for the office just after 5 and i feel funnt being way down in the wo rm w/ no one up here but sleeping girls. i have a monitor for js rm but if i heard anything suspicious it would be a long ways back up. maybe im too paranoid!
hpe you got your run! im hoping for some ellip tmrw a.m. b4 everyone gets up....getting the bumbleride jogger??? our tax return was :eek::eek::eek: high - i think i'll put it in a money market or cd and forget abt it til disney next yr. i cant wait to go!!!

we go to traverse city for a wk every july. today mike had me book a weekend at the great wolf lodge there too. so it'll be 10 days we're gone! aaaahhh! im sure i'll be ready to get back tho! i cant wait forthe walks/runs on the beach!:D

Kate - I totally understand about being really far from your kids. I don't like being downstairs when the kids are upstairs, I couldn't imagine being down in a basement. We don't have basements in Hawaii, how lame is that! I would love a basement. Anyway, yay for a great picture session and shopping! I love it when that happens. I wish I could wo in the am before Pomai wakes up, but I swear she has some kind of radar that knows when I start working out because she wakes up that stinker! I've been a pm person for the most part, but I like to wo in the am so it's done with, kwim? BTW we love Disney! Are you going to Ca or FL?

Lisa

just coming up for air with the holiday... wanted to pop in and say hi!!! yoga class 2x last week and unfortunately im feeling it in my wrists =( def will need to go back to just once weekly. bbl for personals...

happy easter to all of you!

wendy

I just finished w/ the boys basket's!:) It took Owen forever to fall asleep. I didn't want him to walk out and catch me:eek:

I am the same way about being too far from the kids. They made a fort wed, in the family room downstairs and have been sleeping in it the past few nights, and yes I am the crazy mom running downstairs every few hours to make sure they are ok:rolleyes: It just feels weird w/ them being so far away! I made them clean the fort up today b/c the easter bunny doesn't come unless you are in your own bed!:)

Kate-sounds like you had a great day!! All 3 girls w/pics in 45min, that is great!!

Lisa-I would love to wo b/f Ryder wakes up in the am, but he also knows the second I am out of bed. His blue eyes pop open, and he looks at my like where do you think you are going:) So I do it during his am nap.

Becky-I just finished eating a bunch of easter candy while I was putting the baskets together, I have no willpower w/ sweets:eek: Glad your speech went well:)

Hi Wendy! Sorry about your wrists:(

I hope everyone has a great Easter!:)

Candra

good mornin' to ya, mamas!!!

lisa & candra, how do they JUST KNOW when youre trying to wo in the a.m.??!! i much prefer a.m. wo's but its pretty difficult to time at this stage of babyhood isnt it?:confused:

lisa, we'll do fl disney. we live in michigan - cant decide if we should drive or fly/rent a car there. j will be 1.5 when we go... we'll do a few days at disney and a few days at the ocean. decisions....

wendy, what kind of yoga do you do? sorry abt your wrists!

candra, i did baskets late too - but not as late as you! yikes! tired today?....and i ate jbs too....and pb eggs....
lol at ryders eyes/thoughts! js the same way! little boogers!!!:p

did 30 min of sjp before dds woke up - so excited about hte eb! made bfast, ate healthy, church soon.
have a greay day AND NO EATING CANDY!!!! drink water instead! what a substitute, huh???:p

i hope you are all enjoying easter sunday with your families!

we are still recovering from passover. its not over yet but no more seders. i am doing a HUGE load of tablecloths and napkins right now... and of course i ate a ton of food.

kate - its hot vinyasa flow, a studio in my neighborhood called inner strength yoga. the owner is baptiste trained so its similar to baptiste power yoga which you might be familiar with he has videos out and such. baptistes studio is in cambridge, not far from me. i lov disney!!! have fun! we have plans to go again when my oldest graduates from hs, with a close girlfriend who has a baby 1yo right now and a stepdaughter same as my oldest. cant wait =)

lisa - no basement workouts for me. i mean we have a basement but its full of laundry, boilers, cars, etc. and in NE its called a cellar! pronounced "sellahh"! we say "im going down cellar"... to get the laundry

candra - LOL at the fort! i remember building a fort in my moms living rm, we slept in it for weeks... my friends were all in shock we were allowed to keep it up that long =)

hi becky, maggie, clarissa!

wendy

wendy, lots of yummy leftovers? boooo to laundry!:p my pile is humongous! and im usually so good abt it!:confused:
that yoga sounds wonderful! wish we had sthing like that around here!

Happy Easter!

Yesterday I went for a 40 minute outdoor run. I had planned to do a 4DS cardio premix, but the weather was so nice I had to go outside. DH watched Z and I got some much needed alone time!

Today is SERIOUS packmax and I am going to try to do STS disk 7 today. I have most of the kitchen packed now. I'll finish it today. I kept out one skillet and one saucepan, along with our silverware. We're just going to use paper plates and bowls for the next 11 days.

I took Zoey to see a real bunny at a friend's house yesterday. That was pretty cute.

Lisa, let me know which jogger you choose. I plan on getting one in a couple of months...unless I see a nice one at a yard sale before then.

Kate, good job on not eating candy. I so wanted to buy some when I got Zoeys basket stuff, but since she can't eat any yet, I overcame! I got her a bunch of books to put in a basket.

Wendy, hope the wrists feel better soon.

Candra, I put Zoey's basket together this morning. She's so little she has no clue though.

Hope everyone has a great Easter.

Becky

Becky, Dont break your arm patting me on the back. I've ate my body weight in Jellybeans today!:mad:
Your pic of you and Zoey is so cute! You are BOTH cutie pies!
Great WO's and ugh to packmax! What a job! That would be so hard!

Becky - yes my babies were MUCH happier and sleepier on their tummies...when the time is right. I will NOT do it as small newborns though as they have no head control, or little anyway. I do not believe it is the cause of SIDS. I believe SIDS to be caused by smoke or other things like that and thank goodness there is none of that in my house. Brody so far is doing well on his back so I may leave him there if that works for him! Whatever the babies want, they get! LOL! I just want them to be content and satisfied.

Clarissa :)

I got the STS in tonight! Yay. Barely made it, but got it in.

Clarissa, I tried putting Zoey on her belly for a nap today. Evidently my child does NOT like being on her tummy. So, I consoled her, and put her on her back unswaddled for her nap. I went back in to check on her later and she was all sprawled out and sleeping oh so soundly. I like back sleeping better myself...I guess she does too. :)

I am pooped! Going to bed.

Becky

Candra - Wow, how long does Ryder nap in the am? My baby is a cat napper so I can't get a full wo in during her naps. That's ok, I've got DH to watch since I watch the kids while he works out. It's a fair trade right,lol.

Wendy - Is that the yoga where the up the temp in the room? I've always wanted to try, but afraid of passing out from the heat.

Becky - Hope your packing goes well and isn't too stressful. What a cute pic of the two of you, beautiful! Will let you know about the jogging stroller. I am eyeing the Baby Jogger.

Kate - I'm not the only one with a jelly belly downfall today! What is it with those darn things???

Despite my failure to resist the sweets, I ate clean for my meals. I still have dinner to go, but I have it planned out so should be clean! No more candies from this point on for me though. Eugh. I managed to do GS CT and an uphill stroller walk. Hope everyone had a nice Easter!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.