Magazines

I have bought, subscribed ,read oxygen, muscle & fitness hers and FitnessRX.

I do regularly buy FitnessRX and will re-subscribe in future. It's the only one I would recommend.

All the best ;-)

I've been a subscriber to Prevention for years and love the magazine. That's all I really have time to read.

I've never seen OnFitness....I'll have to check that one out.

Brenda

Thanks for the recommendations! I too, have been wishing for a informative fitness magazine or 2. I look at the website for FitnessRX last night and found a lot of articles that I want to read. I made their Sweet Potato Strudel. It was fast and delicious, definitely a keeper. I just cut up the cooked sweet potato in small pieces and did not peel, so mine was not as pretty as theirs.

I never heard of on fitness neither did I hear of prevention. I will have to check their website.

I love FitnessRX because they do support their articles with researches. The magazine is loaded with ads but it doesn't bother me. Muscles&fitness her is also good. Those two are my favourite.

I have just previewed the upcoming issue and I can't wait to read it.

Last edited:
I actually like Runner's World, but I only buy it from the newstand occasionally. I probably should get the subscription because I buy it often enough that it would be a better deal.

Yeah, me too: Runnersworld is the only one of all fitness magazines, actually other than OnFitness which is excellent, but pricey so I read it at B&N, that isn't endlessly repeating itself, oh yet another set of photos telling me how to do bicep curls, yawn.....

The rest, I read at B&N over my coffee for free. Runnersworld I subscribe to: def cheaper than buying separate issues!

Clare

Great suggestions! I always have loved the credibility of Shape Mag, but love another perspective.

OnFitness. Hands down the BEST - and IMO the ONLY one that is worth spending any money to get.

unless you are a runner, in which case Runnersworld is for you in a way OnFitness just isn't. Runnersworld magazine connects you to a community of runners and people just like you. It takes running beyond a sport or fitness pursuit into ways of living, being and thinking.

Clare

OnFitness. Hands down the BEST - and IMO the ONLY one that is worth spending any money to get.

Hi Lori,

Does on fitness cover various sports activities?

I have looked on the website and it seems informative. Does it cover lifting?

I 'm considering subscribing an international digital option when I get my tablet.

Thanks for you recommendation.

It is more fitness oriented, rather than sports. Lifting is all the way through the magazine. It has a scientific approach to fitness, research oriented. It's target audience: fitness instructors and professionals.

Clare

It is more fitness oriented, rather than sports. Lifting is all the way through the magazine. It has a scientific approach to fitness, research oriented. It's target audience: fitness instructors and professionals.

Clare

Hi clare,

Scientific approach that is what Rx offer with a focus on muscle building , target ting women. There isn't any magazine offering the scientific approach and targeting the same audience in Europe. :-((. I have done my home work for years ;-)

On fitness is for me ;-). Well we won't disagree on this occasion :)))

Kind regards,

Nathalie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.