Lurkers Invitation 2010

Snow Snow Snow

Did Disk 2 of Hypertrophy (Legs) this morning. Since it is a snow day, I didn't have to get up so darned early. I just got back in from shoveling about 6" of snow - it was wet on the bottom and we are in a blizzard warning today. It is snowing so hard again! And they've upped the forecast to 24" +. I wore my heartrate monitor outside and only burned 387 cal in 60 min - I think it's fibbing :eek:

Thumper - if I could get the snow there I would, trust me :)

Pgeiger - North Carolina is where I would like to be! My parents lived in South Carolina for years and I loved visiting in the winter! They had a couple of really bad ice storms though, and their power went out during them.

Janie - I love the way you work out! After STS is done, I am going back to 4 days of cardio, 2 days of full body/weight work. I can't seem to lose weight unless my cardio is more than the weights.

Stay warm, everyone!
Elle

Just a quick "Hello" to everyone I have been so busy that I haven't have time to sit and chat with you all. I will report later today hopefully"
Yesterday I did really good with disc 13 OMG I'm so soooore today it was no push-ups but bench press' I love those I did went up from last time I did meso 2 and my muscle's went nuts, exhausted. Well I have not much time right now I'll be back later.

Thumper: Have fun at the Olympics and take lots of pictures to share with us.
Janie, Pgeiger,Ella, Diane06, Pam, Cheryl, Diane, Hi everyone.

Elle - I love North Carolina. It is bad when we get ice storms, but luckily that doesn't happen very often. The snow we got this year was our biggest 'snow event' since 2004 so I can live with that. How was the first leg workout in hypertrophy? I have that scheduled for Thursday and the leg workouts always seemed to be the killer in meso 1.

My workout this morning was the Cardio pre-mix for CCC. WOW! I was so happy that I was able to keep up with Cathe and crew on the drop squat roll back jump up things for the first round, but I had to pause the disk for a little while after those! I have nice muscle soreness from disk 13 yesterday too. Not the omg I can't lift my arms kind of sore, but just the little I can feel I did a workout kind of sore :D

Talk to you all later!
Pam

Pam,

This first workout for legs was very enjoyable for me - no wall squats!!!!! You do tri-sets, for example you do 10 wide stance dead lifts, 10 plate lunges, 10 plies, then rest 1 minute and do it a second and third time. The entire leg work out is triset! I liked it!

Back out to shovel more snow!
Elle

Well, today ended up being a treadmill incline day. Janie, all i can say is wow! Your response with possible rotations was awesome! I just may give one of those a shot and see how i do!

Cheryl, I hope you are having a great time at Olympics and that the weather is cooperating. Perhaps they should have had the olympics in NJ this year!! It's still snowing, and my neighbor's kids built a snowman this morning, and you can see of it now is it's head! A big deal aorund here, as we never get hit so hard!

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!

Hello! I hope everyone’s day went well. I’m quite exhausted today, my sister was here from Florida for the last 3 weeks and had to fly back today so I was up late visiting with her for the last couple of evenings. Today I managed to catch up & did both discs 7 & 8. I really don’t want to have to do 2 back to back again! But I was behind & I felt compelled to catch up. I’m kind of behind in reading everybody’s entries, too, so I hope tomorrow to catch up with what you are all doing.
Hi to Janie, Pam, Elle, Diane06, Eunice, Cheryl, Gabriella, & Kay (and anybody else I may have forgotten!). Talk to you tomorrow.
Diane

Elle, Oh My Gosh! You guys are having a heck of a time with these snow storms. I'm sure from shoveling all that snow that you burned more calories than the heart rate monitor says. Along with STS leg work you burned a bunch!

You have to listen to your body, and it sounds like a good plan for losing weight and gaining muscle.

Be safe and warm.

Eunice, Love the bench presses too. I like all the workouts except for LEGS! Probably because my body need them the most.

Pam, Great job on CCC. People are saying that it's tough big time. I'll have to look at the pre-mix. Bet it was difficult too. DOM's are a good sign that you worked hard.

Diane06, Glad you like the suggestions. You know, when I can't decide what DVD to use as a cardio I pull out the old treadmill or stair climber just so I don't have to make a decision.:) You did good.

Diane15, You did a very long workout, and every now and then it's OK to do what you did. I'm impressed.

Have a nice evening everyone and be safe and warm.

Janie

Good morning all, just thought I'd drop in for a quick read/post before my first meeting of the day. I hope everyone is doing well.

Diane and Elle - I just can't believe all the snow you guys are getting. Elle, you will probably be sore today with all of that shoveling.

Janie - I had done CCC twice before but this was the first time doing the cardio only rotation. I think it's harder because you don't get any breaks.

Cheryl - I've been thinking of how exciting it must be for you being at the Olympics. Just watching all of the build up on TV is fun.

Diane - sounds like you had a nice visit with your sister. My oldest sister is moving to North Carolina from Michigan this weekend with her daughter. Now my whole family will be here except my brother who is living in Thailand.

I did disk 14 this morning and I did enjoy the tri sets. I couldn't believe how fast the workout went by (despite all of the slide back and slide side lunges)! :eek: I kind've missed the wall squats and the firewalkers though :p I think I must be sick :D I really need to get some lifting gloves though. My hands are really starting to feel it with the heavier weights. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Hello to all!
Well, today was a CTX day, as I'm trying to bring the strength training back into the routine. I did Power circuit, which means I got a little leg and back workout in there. Then, instead of the abs, I did the core work from Core Cardio (with many modifications!). I just didn't feel like doing abs on the floor today! I love the shock cardios I've done so far, so if I can incorporate a section from them into my regular workout session, it keeps me interested longer!

Hello All,

Didn't do my cardio today - I went out and shoveled for the 3rd time :).

Pam: I am feeling it a bit in my lower back so wanted to be nice to the body and go take a hot bath. It was 38 today, so once we shoveled the snow away, the surface ice melted and dried up. That leg disk in hypertrophy does go fast, doesn't it?

Diane: Do you have power? I saw a lot in NJ lost theirs :(

Hello Janie, Cheryl, Diane06, Diane15, Eunice, and worsenemy! TGIF (almost).

Elle

Did STS Disc 6, legs. OUCH!

Pam, Thank you for the review on CCC, I'll remember that for when I do it.

I just love the STS series, because even though some are quite long, it doesn't seem like it.:) Those wall squats are really hard, I can't get down that low.:( And I too love fire walkers.

Just a quick suggestion about your hands. If they are really feeling sore because of the weight lifting, there is a product out there called versa gripp. Makes life so much easier when lifting. Check it out. I just bought them, but haven't received them in the mail yet. Was suggested by a friend of mine and she uses them all the time. Says she can now lift heavier weight and her hands are saved.

Diane06, Sure hope you don't mind me calling you that since there is a Diane15. Is it OK?

Your workout was fantastic. Love what you do by mixing then to your liking.

Elle, I think your cardio was done by shoveling snow 3 times today.:confused: Good for you!

Hi to Eunice, Diane15, Cheryl.

Kay and Gabriella
, haven't heard from you two for awhile, hope you didn't go back to Lurkisim. LOL. Post when you can, we miss you.

Janie

Last edited:
Hey Pam I do still have the OMG I can lift my arms kind of sore, this is my second day and It is hard even drive That day I went to Palm Spring and I was holding the wile under hand I was so fry that day but I'm getting better.:D

Elle, I'm sure you have taken lot's of pictures of that snow I wish we have some but nothing we been getting only rain.
Great job on the leg workout my favorite too.
Elle I think shoveled for the 3rd time is a good workout too.

Wow Diane 2 DVDs in one day that was hard doesn't it? And more after been tired from visiting your sister. But glad that you feel better after all, I have done the same but I think only cardio no weights.

Diane06 is good that you did what you body was asking for I would say that I love listening to my body but I think that would be a lie. But I should.

Pgeiger I did disc 14 today as well, very enjoyable I like the concept of tri-sets with the 60 sec. rest the only thing was bartering was my left shoulder, I been having trouble with it but I think is because I haven stretch, I did today though because I want to be able to lift heavy.
And I don't think your sick for missing the wall squats and the firewalkers I think you are INSANE":p

Great job Pumper06 with your core workout, I don't have the CTX dvd so I can say what I'm missing, you should give a try when your not feeling like doing it "5 min" and then you'll see you not going to even notice and your going to want to do some more, but all depend on why?

Hi Janie no I haven't go back to Lurker. I have been little bit busy.
Yesterday I went to the gym and did the 11:00 am spinning class, one of the girls was saying "Look Eunice she look's like water hose" I was sweating so much but it was fun, so that mean that I didn't did CCC, today I did disc 14 and ab no equipment from the ab circuit.

Tomorrow I will be gone the whole day I will miss the workout but I'll do it on Sat. and Sun. I'm going to San Diego for my Marriage Certificate, and for mt DD physical for emigration and visit some old friends and since there is not school I'll take all of my daughters with me, my DH has duty at work so he can't go with us I guess that's fine I really need to take care of all this issues.

Hi all,

Sorry I have not had time to post lately. I was doing so good- just doing something every day.

I am so blessed but trying to find a balance right now. I have been looking for a job after being a stay at home mom. Finally decided to go back to school- picked up a full load last month. Then, got the phone call I was hired on a job I had applied to last fall and really wanted. So almost overnight my life has become very complicated. Anyway, I can, and will adjust but for now it is just a little overwhelming.
I will be in touch and I will squeeze in some daily exercise. Just not today. I am very tired.

Gabriella

Hi all,

Sorry I have not had time to post lately. I was doing so good- just doing something every day.

I am so blessed but trying to find a balance right now. I have been looking for a job after being a stay at home mom. Finally decided to go back to school- picked up a full load last month. Then, got the phone call I was hired on a job I had applied to last fall and really wanted. So almost overnight my life has become very complicated. Anyway, I can, and will adjust but for now it is just a little overwhelming.
I will be in touch and I will squeeze in some daily exercise. Just not today. I am very tired.

Gabriella

Gabriela good for you that you have a job I know is going to mess-up with your schedule but once you get settle you will find time to squeeze a workout..
That a lot; school, job, house, all the chores and family, but I'm sure you will be fine. GO, go, go, Gabriella!!!;)

Eunice, I've never done a spinning class before. If you were sweating like that, you must have burned a lot of calories. Good for you!

Have a great day tomorrow with your family. All those errands! They need to be done, but try and have a good time anyway. Enjoy your friends too.

Gabriella, So nice to hear from you. Congratulations on getting your job! You do have a lot on your plate. Will you be going to school and have a job? You'll do just fine, and like Eunice says, you'll find your balance in no time, then you can add in your exercise routines. Will look forward to your posts when time permits.

Have a great evening everyone,

Janie

janie, Thanks for the tip on versa gripp - I am definitely ging to check them out. My hands are starting to look and feel like they do at the end of water ski season.

Eunice, I can definitely relate to that having to hold your arm up with your other hand, hope the are better today! :D I hope you will get to have some fun while you are in San Diego! I love San Diego but haven't been there in awhile. I love your description of spinning class. I used to teach them and we would have contests for the biggest sweat puddle :eek:

Gabriella Congratulations on your job that is fantastic. With a new job it's of course very important to focus your energy there right now and as Eunice said once you're more comfortable hopefully you'll be able to figure out where to fit in the exercise. You have an awful lot going on right now, hang in there!

Elle I hope you got that hot bath, it sounds like just the thing you needed after all of that shoveling! I just found out we are supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow tonight so the city will be in a panic! Better get to the grocery store for bread and milk :rolleyes:

TGIF Everyone. I did Step Moves this morning and med ball abs. It was a nice steady state workout. My husband leaves for Australia today so we went out for an early Valentine's dinner last night so maybe I should've done double cardio! Have a great Friday all!

Pam

TGIF everyone!

Gabriella, Good luck with the new job. It will be hard at first, but hopefully you'll be able to get into a routine where you can fit in workouts :)

Janie, Yes, you can refer to me as Diane06...no problem!

Eunice, I've never taken a spin class, but have always been interested in it. Sounds like a tough workout!!

Elle, thankfully, we did not lose power during or after the storm. Hope you are doing better after all the shoveling.

Today I did 10-10-10 from CTX. I was going to play around with one of the new shock cardios afterwards, but I was pooped after the workout. I'm glad i joined this check in, since it gives me some accountability. Otherwise, I might have slept in later because I have today off. Thanks, ladies!:D

Happy Friday everyone! I did disc 9 today- no cardio.

Gabriella- Congratulations on landing that job! Hang in there and just do what you can until you get adjusted.

Eunice- Have fun in San Diego! Do you spin regularly? I have never done it, but I do use Cardio Coach on my exercise bike & enjoy that.

Pam- How do you like Step Moves? I’ve only done it once but can’t remember it too much. I haven’t managed to work it into my current rotation yet. Are you also doing Meso 2? That is great that most of your family will be closer. Especially during the holidays it’s so nice to have family around.

Diane06- Are you currently doing a CTX rotation? Those are so much fun, I’ve always thought Cathe seemed particularly happy in those.

Janie- So do you & your husband work out together? That is so great! When my husband’s work schedule allows, we try to as well. Sadly, he has been working out of town, so I’m on my own with exercise. But it sure makes it seem more fun when you’re together, doesn’t it?

Elle- Hope you’re staying out of the snow!

Hi to Cheryl & Kay!

Diane

Hello Everyone!

I'm wondering if I am too late to join your Lurkers group... I have been lurking and posting a bit for the last month. I started a 3 1/2 months STS Shock Cardio rotation on the 6th of January. I am just starting Meso 2. I am actually the only person in my environment who enjoys working out with DVDs at home, although I have tried to convert some people, nobody ever seems very convinced! I have found this forum and find it motivating to find other people who enjoy working out at home as much as I do, even if we are not physiquely neighbors!

This is my first time following a rotation and I absolutely love it. I'm doing it also as a challenge... I am turning 40 in less than a month and I guess I want to enter this new decade in the best shape of my life. My husband and my son are very supporting in my efforts, so it's great.

You all seem very interesting ladies, and I would love to get to know you!

Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.