Lowest Impact Cathe workouts?

bzbnmom

Cathlete
I had a knee injury 4.5 months ago and have been doing no impact workouts. I think I'm ready to try a low impact AWT or cardio Cathe workout. Obviously I'd like to start ones that are the easiest on the knees with the least amount of impact and progress from there. What workouts/premixes would you recommend? And in what order? I'm excited to get back to doing more Cathe!

Mary have you got RwH? I would suggest you view the low impact first and see if it could be a starting point.

X-train all out low impact without step and disc segments could be starting point too.:)

Last edited:
Excellent question. I find some of the ones labeled low impact which are in fact, lower impact ..(not gonna dispute that at all) involve balancing on one arm (too much strain on the wrist) and a lot of knee impact like repetitive step ups. I noticed this with the XTrain low impact preview and was going to ask the same question! : )
Doing hiiT 40-20 is too much for me half of the time even though the endurance aspect of this workout is turning out to be so good for my health otherwise. Something like this without the jumping etc. would be so awesome.

Last edited:
I think the lowest impact cardio is Slide and Glide. Also, the Total Body Trisets for weights and Athletic Training for a metabolic type workout.

Beth

Anyone know what the impact of Cardio Core Circuit is which looks like a fun one? Looks like there may be some hops which can be modified of course.

Yep, you got it!

From the wonderful Cathe compendium:
Round One:
Squat Digs
Mountain Climbers
Lateral Jumps Side to Side
Squat Digs
Mountain Climbers
Lateral Jumps Side to Side
Core: Knee-ins
Round Two:
2 jumps / Squat Thrust Pushup
Sumo Squats
Lateral Slides
2 jumps / Squat Thrust Pushup
Sumo Squats
Lateral Slides
Core: Triangle Choke Holds
Round Three:
Air Jacks
3 Scoots/ Knee/ Leg Side / Knee
Split Jumps
Air Jacks
3 Scoots/ Knee/ Leg Side / Knee
Split Jumps
Core: Butterfly Situps
Round Four:
Lateral Jumps with Low Tuck
Grounded Switches
Squat Drop and Rolls
Lateral Jumps with Low Tuck
Grounded Switches
Squat Drop and Rolls
Core: Cross Body Pushups
Round Five:
Standing T-jumps
Run Around/High Jog
Straight High Kicks
Standing T-jumps
Run Around/High Jog
Straight High Kicks
Core: Roll Back / Push ups

Justine .... Thank you very much.
I suppose I should be using the compendium more. It totally lets you know the degree of impact. I've just been watching the previews, although this is way more helpful.
Yay!

Cardio Core Circuit kicks my behind every time I do it. It just doesn't seem to get easier. The fact that it works your core, (working abs is my least favorite) probably doesn't help. Planks, and downward facing dog and yoga in general, I love. But getting on the floor and working abs, mountain climbers and burpees, ewww not so much. Now that I'm getting older, I have to work them whether I like it or not.

If you like step routines, I have just purchased Low Impact Circuit, and really enjoying it. Also, I love Low Max from the Hard Core Series (one of my earliest Cathe acquisitions). Low Impact Challenge is also fun and very gentle.

On the non-step side of things, I completely adore Flex Train and Super Cuts! These are metabolic workouts, but they keep your heart rate high and the fun factor is so uplifting. If you have the equipment to do it, Athletic Training is wonderful as well. (And I know someone mentioned All Out Low Impact HIIT from the X Train series, which has the best music ever...)

One of the best things about Cathe is the variety that really keeps me injury free and motivated, without having to do high impact each day!

Thanks,
Carrie

What did you all think about To The Max? Looks like it has 'Less Impact' premixes.
Although the solid step part at the beginning is low impact, and the compound weight work and abs at the end are low impact, I think the rest of To The Max is quite high on the impact side (although I really love this workout!).

I think another possibility for you is Kick, Punch, and Crunch/Legs and Glutes. These are both terrific workouts and the high impact moves from each could easily be modified to low impact.

(I had no interest in kickboxing workouts when I first started doing Cathe, but the relentless raves about this DVD finally convinced me to try it, and after several attempts at both workouts, I finally succumbed to their charms. So glad I listened to the folks on the forum!)

On the non-step side of things, I completely adore Flex Train and Super Cuts! These are metabolic workouts, but they keep your heart rate high and the fun factor is so uplifting.

I'm glad you mentioned SuperCuts as I have been considering this one. It looks interesting.

I've also been having a look at some of the older cardio and/or interval downloads, but the choreography is just too much for me. The youtube previews scared me! I think I took too long to learn the macarena dance afterall.

if it were me...I would probably start with one of Cathe's upper body weight training dvds and then move to others from there.

I'm glad you mentioned SuperCuts as I have been considering this one. It looks interesting.

I've also been having a look at some of the older cardio and/or interval downloads, but the choreography is just too much for me. The youtube previews scared me! I think I took too long to learn the macarena dance afterall.

I just did SuperCuts this morning because I was needing a tough workout without the impact. This one fits the bill PERFECTLY! If you push yourself and heavy up on the weights a little bit, you can even consider it Metabolic with a bit of Hiit without the impact. Definitely one of my faves!

I agree I love super its, low max! I wish Cathe would do a muscle max 2 and a low max 2! I would just do those two and super its over and over a couple weeks! Lol I also feel Cathe is so versatile that I can not do too much high impact but if I do one works out high impact the next day a low impact it is good to go!! I agree with the poster above to about x train having the best music ! That one and the rock out knockout and that bunch she had was really fun on music. I also like the afterburn in low impact series but I do NOT like the music so I use my own music in that one. It is hard hard hard ! Oh by the way to the max does have a low impact premix and it is in kind of sections so if u do the whole thing you can do it low impact on ur own or it moves from one thing to another fast enough it isn't over using one thing. It is fun to the music is awesome as well! Hope u find the ones you are looking for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.