low max too easy

singinggoddess

Cathlete
Has anyone noticed low max getting too easy since all the hardcore videos like imax 3 and kickmax? My fitness level must have improved because Low Max was way too easy for me today and I am on an 8 inch step. I know I can always squat lower and make it a little harder, but has anyone else noticed that it has gotten too easy? Don't get me wrong I love this workout and will continue to use it, but was just interested if anyone else had this happen.

Susan

I have a confession - I did it today on a 6" step because I was sore from my workout yesterday, and needed something a little easier. I still got my heart rate up there, though.

Pinky's mix with Low Max and heavy weights really toughens it. I enjoy that combination.

I don't think it got easier. Perhaps you are getting accustomed to it and may just be "going through the motions" if you will. I have found that I can "cheat" (unintentionally) a bit here and there on some of the moves and not feel as good about the workout. If I really focus and listen to Cathe's cues -"go LOWER"- I get a really good workout. It happens all the time - we get something new and it is hard because we have to focus and pay attention to get it right. Once we learn the routine it requires less focus and there, I think, is where the "too easy" comes in.

You are right, it could be that I have gotten used to the choreography and am kind of just going through the motions. I will try to put more into it and see if that makes a difference. i have been doing so many intense videos like Imax 3 and Bootcamp that I am not used to having to put anymore into than just doing it, if that makes sense.

Susan

I don't find that it's getting easier, but I make sure I squat as low as I can on everything, and really put my "all" into it. Also, sometimes I add in a bit of high impact, just to keep my HR up there!

Also...There is a thread out here where Pinky (Hippahips) made it a little more interesting....try that out. I'll bet it won't be so easy then!!

Not too easy for me either. This workout kicks my butt every time. Usually by combo 3 I'm sweating & panting. I'm really surprised to hear anyone say this! :eek:

Hi Susan!

I know what you mean. I think it "seems" easier because we have done it a lot and learned all of the steps, if that makes sense. I use an 8" step and I add high impact here and there. I just love this workout. I LOVE the music!! But, I find I really have to listen to Cathe and get lower and lower and that helps. I also really concentrate on swinging my arms and getting my legs as high as possible to create longer levers as Cathe says. It really gets the heart rate up there.

Susan, maybe you can help Cathe create a Low Max 2...smile, smile.:)

I find that some moves, like the repeater 15's, are easy to do in a way that makes them not challenging, by staying up too high, or even bouncing, but if you really concentrate on staying low (and trying to get lower each time your knee comes up, working against your body's tendency to want to come up), they become more challenging.

I havn't found this one to be too easy either. I'm also still getting use to all the moves, so that could be it. **maybe**:)

As I posted before, I actually do find it easier now that I've done IMAX 3. And I make sure I do go lower when she says - I do not coast through the workout. But, I will say that if I do Low Max with a 8" step and IMAX 3 with a 6" step, I burn more calories on LowMax than IMax 3 - it's all my perception that it's an easier workout. As I am working at a steadier state through out the workout, without as many marches, I am actually working harder over all.

Oh, this is a workout I intend to keep doing. I love LowMax. And I have done Pinky's version. With the squats and lunges added in, it totally fatigued my legs. That was a fabulous workout!

Wow,
I just looked at Pinky's challenge and I am a little frightened. I should have never opened my mouth about it being too easy.:) I will definitely try pinky's and then I will complain about how hard it is. Either way, I love Low max and will continue to do it.

Susan

>Wow,
>I just looked at Pinky's challenge and I am a little
>frightened. I should have never opened my mouth about it
>being too easy.:) I will definitely try pinky's and then I
>will complain about how hard it is. Either way, I love Low
>max and will continue to do it.
>
>Susan
=============================================================

Can you tell me where to find this w/o?

Thanks,

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

The other day I decided to do StepBlast, which is my "easy" workout. I pretended I was on the set (BEHIND Cathe, of course) and extended my arms to the fingertips, squatted low, jumped as high as possible, tried to smile etc. I really upped my calories burn by playing instructor, and realized I had an extra 10% to give to the workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.