Low Impact HIIT 1 + Bonus abs 2

BlakKat

Cathlete
I wasn't sure which rotation to do because they all look so good. I decided to start with the "getting started w RWH" but I switched the first two days around because my husband and daughter wanted to try it too but they didn't want to do legs today so we did Low Impact HIIT 1 plus Bonus abs 2. It was tough - we were all breathing heavy. It went by so fast (really nice for a Sunday since it's usually my rest day) but it was so much fun. My daughter (15 yrs) is just starting out so she just did her own pace but kept thanking me afterwards because she felt great & had so much. Husband enjoyed it also & said he liked that it was short but intense. Cathe says to just "lift" but if you want, you can jump. There are some familiar moves with new twist and new moves as well. It is really fast-paced but you only need a mat & dixie cups. I really enjoyed the zig-zag puddle jumpers, dixie cup lunges, low galloping jacks, hi-low boxing jabs, Fred Astair & surfer thrust! As for the bonus abs - they are really tough - exactly how I like it! All floor work - no equipment other than mat. I loved the whole routine - my 2 favorite moves were the bent leg/straight leg bike maneauver (OUCH!) and the hip lift into balancing snow angels (my one side needs to work on balance). Everyone looks amazing - very inspiring! Thanks Cathe for another outstanding workout - looking forward to doing more!

I was going to do this tomorrow am and try to do rwh chest, shoulders, and tri's in the pm. Cannot wait to start some rotation with these.

I did Low Impact HIIT today after my 5 mile run. Cathe truly exhausted me. My legs were so fried doing the surfer move. I want to try this workout again when I am fresh. Cathe's speed was definitely a contributing factor to spiking my heart rate. I really liked the flow and the time sped by. This will be a great workout to use when traveling. I know I will use this workout a lot as an add on or just when I am short on time. Can't wait to try the others.

Lisa

I did Low Impact HIIT today after my 5 mile run. Cathe truly exhausted me. My legs were so fried doing the surfer move. I want to try this workout again when I am fresh. Cathe's speed was definitely a contributing factor to spiking my heart rate. I really liked the flow and the time sped by. This will be a great workout to use when traveling. I know I will use this workout a lot as an add on or just when I am short on time. Can't wait to try the others.

Just finished this one. I love that surfer burpee move (surfee?) And agreed that speed is crucial -- but there's also a lot of throwing your body weight around, which for me contributed to the cardio (intense!) and made the workout more core-intensive. And speaking of core, I love bonus abs 2. Definitely kept my heart rate up, so it will be great for the abs interspersed premixes.
One of the best things for me -- so far -- about these workouts is that after 35-40 mins I feel done. Normally I'd be surfing On Demand segments to add on.
That said, I know I'll need a bit more stretching/yoga. My hip flexors are feeling it for sure.

MominVT - I just couldn't get the movement right for the surfees (love that name!) I was struggling with the speed for a lot of the moves - agreed, that's what ups the intensity. I'm also feeling it in my hip flexors, and outer thighs (maybe from Legs?). I didn't have time to do abs this morning, so will do it later. I may even try Lift It Chest, shoulders tris today .....I'm loving the workouts so much

Uh oh. I'm doing this today. I guess I better stretch my hip flexors really good. I have extremely tight hip flexors

MominVT - I just couldn't get the movement right for the surfees (love that name!) I was struggling with the speed for a lot of the moves - agreed, that's what ups the intensity. I'm also feeling it in my hip flexors, and outer thighs (maybe from Legs?). I didn't have time to do abs this morning, so will do it later. I may even try Lift It Chest, shoulders tris today .....I'm loving the workouts so much
Yes, my outer thighs are totally feeling it! Actually, more like my outer glute. So kind of all around the hip area.
And I was thinking the same -- if I have time and energy after my daughter goes to bed, I may do Chest/Tris/Shoulders tonight.
I'm so bad at rotations...

Uh oh. I'm doing this today. I guess I better stretch my hip flexors really good. I have extremely tight hip flexors
Abernier, I think I'm going to have to do a lot of extra hip flexor stretching, too. I just need to get into the habit of extending my stretch time right after the workout, but that's tough!

Just finished it and what an amazing workout. I had to pause twice for water break and sweat wipe down. I was able to keep up on all but the shuffle side to side with Dixie cups. I couldn't keep Cathe's pace. I also love the new On Demand features. I hope they put the entire library on that system. Bonus abs 2 was also great, except the snow angles, have a hard time with that one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.