Low Carbers and Friends - 1st qtr 2016

Tracy - So glad you're enjoying the ICE workouts :cool:! I'm still doing "oldies" but pretty soon I'll get back into the 3 newest series :). Man - I'm glad we're not that hot :eek:!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even like that in the summer :p!

Hi fit babes! I'm sorry to be MIA--I think a lot or not a lot has been going on. :p

I have not been doing too well on the ICE/X-Train rotation due to work demands (worked out of the office 2 days last week, stuff like that) but back into the 3rd week of it this week. I think I'd like to try all of the Muscle Meltdowns for a week, mixing them in with cardio sometime. But that will take time and effort on my part to put a rotation together! :D I'm sure I'll do it when I am in a rut or have no ideas of my own on what to do.

Mid-70s today, 80 tomorrow. This is really awesome having the sun shining so much! I'd love it if it we had this year's winter and spring in the years to come. Someone told me they are predicting a cold winter next year and I know we are due for it though. We'll see!

Stay healthy babes!

Hi there! I finally found this thread again on the tapatalk app. Looks like I haven't missed much. Everyone looks like they've been busy.

Not much in the workouts here. Been doing the Ultimate Reset and that actually requires light or no workouts. DH has been doing it with me but we both haven't been super strict with it. Great on most of the foods, but some wine and extra coffee has snuck in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhea - So glad to "see" you!!!!!!!! Nothing to post on my end - just plugging along keeping the workouts going :).

Hi fit babes! I didn't mean to be away so long! :(

What is the Ultimate Reset Rhea? Is it a Beach Body plan?

Have been winging it on the workouts this week and last due to work outside the office or, time off! Heading to the coast this Friday for a hike and I'm really looking forward to it!

My dad sold his house and will be moving to be closer to my sister and I in a matter of weeks. He's a little overwhelmed but who wouldn't be when you've lived in one house for over 50 years?

Work is still crazier than I want and I even lied to the AG's executive secretary at a recent conference when I said my job was going great. Sigh. :rolleyes::confused: Well, that's why I keep playing the lottery! I won $3 last week. :D

Have a great rest of your week!

Hi Tracy!! Glad to "see" you again. I haven't been here much either. Lita probably thinks we dropped off the face of the earth. LOL

Ultimate reset is a 21 day Beachbody plan for detox and resetting your body's digestive system. It also helps put it back to a more alkaline state. Mostly a vegetarian/vegan diet with lots of supplements. I didn't weight myself at the end (mainly because I fell off the wagon so much during the last week (DH's fault really...lol). However, I have noticed that my body has reset in the fact that I don't react as bad to the foods that I know I have an intolerance (in fact, the book for the reset suggests that you look to the things that are added back in and note when the body reacts). I probably will do it again in the fall after my workouts this summer. During the reset you only do light yoga type of workouts or stretching; lower calories (not much though) and they state that your body is busy enough with the reset, give it a rest.

Workouts for me this month include Piyo mixed with Cize and the treadclimber. I still have yet to even touch the ICE workouts. I probably will put them in the rotation with the next round in July/August.

Happy Birthday!!!!! Tracy!!!! Happy Birthday to yooooooouu!! Hope you are having a wonderful day.

Thank you Rhea! And I'm happy to see you again too!

I'm not on the Beach Body site enough to know what's going on, shame on me! I've never done the detox stuff they have, I have never wanted to. I don't know if that is stubbornness on my part or I just don't want to suffer, LOL! I know the foods that make me feel awful and I stay away from them, unless I'm forced to have them and then I blame DH for it! :D

I saw that Cathe has a contest to give away her new fitness tower and the DVDs and goodies to go with it. I have her old fitness tower but this one is supposed to be better so of course I entered the contest, probably along with 100,000 of my closest friends too!

Time to take BB out for an afternoon jaunt. See you soon fit babes!

Good to "see" you Tracy!

How is everyone else? Helllloooo, anyone out there? I know I haven't played here much lately, but hopefully I'll be able to this summer.

So what cha' been up to? Anything fun and exciting in the works?

Nah - just one foot in front of the other, day by day.

But speaking of excitement in the works...anything fun planned for your special day :)?

You and Tracy really need to always have weekday b-days so I don't miss one again :p. Thankfully I was able to email Tracy and just squeaked in at the nick of time for hers :eek:.

Since I don't want to do that again - happy birthday early, Rhea :)!

Thanks Lita - but nothing special planned. For the past three years, Rick's friend has had a golf tournament on the Father's Day weekend, so my bday is usually around that weekend....getting rather tedious with all that company, but oh well. I might just close myself up in my sewing room! LOL

Hey - it's YOUR day so if you want to lock yourself in and let the boys be boys well away from you, I say go for it :D!

Tracy - hope you and BB had a great jaunt the other day - and many since then, too :cool:!

Hi fit babes! Happy belated birthday Rhea!! Did you get to lock yourself up in your sewing room? :D

I forgot to mention last time that the ICE series, especially the cardio, isn't all that intermediate. I've sweated plenty with it! And I like the series. I've been doing the Rw/H and ICE rotation off and on (depending on how much time I have per week) and I've enjoyed it. Been winging it this week, and did a total body premix from Drill Max the other day. 52 min. long and no killer cardio! I also did a Tracie Long workout yesterday and find that it's good to shake things up now and then. I'm sore in different areas today! :p

I hope summer has been good to you both so far, all 2 days of it!

Tracy - Are you guys staying cool up there in the upper NW? We're not brutal here - but pushing it with a short stick ;)....

Hi fit babes! Not brutal here, we're even getting rain tomorrow. We've had some brutally hot days now and then but things are going as usual here--summer starts the week after July 4th! :p Hope that stick of yours gets longer Lita!

Cathe was live on FB last week (I happened to see it hours later) and it was pretty cool how the winner of the fit tower was chosen. It was done digitally, where a bunch of names flashed on the screen upside down and right side up. Alas, I did not win, nor did anyone I know. But I found out that the 3 dvds Cathe made for it are beginner, intermediate and advanced and all of the sales are being handled by a separate company. I am not sure I will get any of them at this point. The other thing Cathe mentioned is that she will be announcing her next series at the Road Trip at the end of this month! It will include a fit tower workout but she didn't go into any details.

Have a healthy and not so hot outside week lovely ladies!

Good morning everyone! How have you all been? It has been pretty cool here lately which is nice. I still haven't broken into the ICE workouts yet. Had surgery on my ring finger and it is still healing, but no restrictions. I've been doing mainly my Beachbody workouts. I really like Hammer and Chisel since they all are mainly under 40 minutes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.