Low Carbers and Friends - 1st qtr 2016

Hi fit babes! I had to find the forum again so I'm going to make sure to check the box to follow this thread!

Work has gotten better, I think my division chief finally has the hard conversation with his number 2 because she has apologized to numerous people, including me. Personally, I feel she is not right for the job so we're likely not going to ever be humming along smoothly as long as she's there. My supervisor does not trust her at all but I'm not willing to go quite that far yet. We'll see!

A weird thing happened to the head of DH's agency Friday--the senate would not confirm her in her position (she's had it for 3 years) and she was basically fired. She was appointed by the governor so it's really a reflection on him. But she had no experience managing a big agency and ignored things she didn't want to deal with. That will not fly in public service!

OK, I'm on week 6 of the 8 for Hammer and Chisel and have been upping the weights to be challenged. I added a little today from a Cathe workout and that just about did me in. It was great! I doubt I will do all 8 weeks again but I'd definitely do it for a month sometime in the future.

Have a healthy week babes!

Lita, it did not! :rolleyes: And grrr :eek::mad::( while we're at it!

I have let myself skip a workout here and there on this rotation I'm doing due to other commitments this week and I'm OK with it. :D Next week is my last week of it and since I didn't incorporate the eating plan strictly, I'm not at all shredded. Don't care! It's been a nice temporary change. When I do rotations longer than a month, I always plateau and need to up the weights. Then I go back to doing my own thing and don't up the weights because I'm feeling pretty challenged and doing more variety. I think anyway.

Does anyone have an opinion on what is better or what works for them? Rotations or winging it?

Hope all is well with everyone! Spring is coming--yippee! The frogs already think it is Spring, they are croaking at the pond not far from our house and it's almost deafening at night!

Winter just came back today for us.....dang snow. It was warm and things were melting really good, then this storm hit.

I like rotations, but I usually get bored or skip workouts because I've been lazy. I'm only going to finish out the month with Hammer and Chisel and then I'm going to attach 21 Day Fit extreme, along with the nutrition to get myself a kick in the booty. then I want to tackle ICE. However, I probably will add some of the cardio from ICE in the not so distant future. I'm really liking Autumn because she is such a motivator without being a nag. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tracy - Wonder if it's the browser you're using? It seems every sight prefers a different one :rolleyes:.

Rhea - I'm not into snow but we are desperate for moisture here so I'll take any you want to pass on :).

Hi everyone,

Well, I think this is the first time I've been here all year. So... I got pressured into taking the manager position at work. Was so stressed out for about 2 months, lots to learn, very little instruction. It seems that is the norm at a lot of place of employment, you just get thrown in and hope you don't sink. Anyways, things are getting more smooth and I am actually enjoying the job most of the time. Also, DH finally got a job after 1 1/2 yrs off. He starts on Monday!

As for workouts, I have not done any ICE workouts for a month. After reading all your entries, I think I'm going to pull one out tonight. Things are warming up, feels like spring on the Feb day. We are doing a 6 mile hike tomorrow. Tonight will be ICE, will have to pull it out and see what I want to do.

Looks like you are all doing well. Will try to get on to the site more now. Have a good weekend!

Melinda - So good to see you :)! That's terrific news on DH :D :D :D!!! Congrats to you, too - I know it was rocky to start but sounds like you're over the hump now :cool:. ICE will be kind to you - it's not kick butt like some yet they still provide a good workout when you're not up for torture ;).

Hi sweet babes! So good to see you all! Melinda, I have been thinking about you and happy to learn that you've made it through a challenge at work with flying colors! Employers recognize leaders, obviously they saw that in you. Sure would be nice for you to get a little training along the way though! And congratulations on DH's new job!!! :D:D

Lita, I haven't changed anything on my pooter that would make the email notifications for this thread stop, as far as I know! And Cathe's newsletters still come to my inbox so I'm at a loss at this point. But as long as I can find you, it's all good! :)

Rhea, I am finishing out Hammer and Chisel this coming week, one week longer than planned but I also plan to do 21 Day Fix Extreme for a week after this! I like Autumn a lot too, and I think the 21 DFE is harder than Hammer and Chisel. After that, I want to do a rotation of the ICE series with one of Cathe's other series. Not sure which one yet. :confused:

Have a great week babes!!!

Hi everyone! Did you see that Cathe is doing a new series or filming or something? I saw a post she had, I think it was on facebook. I have not done much with ICE as I had planned, it's hard to think about another series.

Sooo, I am so frustrated with belly bloat! I am cutting wayyyy back on sugar which would help in the past. I am not stressed at work, I can tell as my BP is pretty low again. I am up about 2 pounds, but the bloat is not proportionate to the 2 #. I am exercising, changed my desk to a standing desk and still a big bloat. It seems some of this is coming after a colonoscopy I had done several weeks ago. Anyone else have this experience. I'm getting close to just throwing in the towel and buying bigger pants because I am just uncomfortable. In 3 months I could be declared going through menopause, so not sure if this is the problem. Any advice I would appreciate, I am very discouraged!

Melinda - So good to see you! I was just thinking this week it's about the time of year she announces a new series :). I am sorry you're having such issues :(. My colonoscopies only bloat me for a day or two... The one thing I did notice is the probiotic I'm taking (I'm taking one step down from you) tends to bloat me but I take it at night time and other than some gas in the morning, it's mostly gone. I hope you figure out what's happening soon because bloat is so uncomfortable! FWIW, menopause had nothing to do for me with bloating.... (Carbs definitely did, though.)

Lita, I definitely know the carbs are leading to bloating, specifically grains, fruits and veggies, not so much. I am taking a break from probiotics, even though they really helped reduce my bloating. I'm doing it just to switch things up. My friend has gone low carb and is only thing that helps her control her weight, she's about my size. When I cut back with the carbs too much, then I crave them.

Tracy, what was the 21 day challenge you did that helped you lose that weight? I think you said you have kept it off.

Hi fit babes! The post I saw from Cathe on FB is that she filmed a workout with some new fitness product so I don't think it's a series. :( But I hope there's one lurking in the not-too-distant-future!

Melinda, I'm sorry about the bloating! I had to cut out bread to stop mine but I did that years ago. I lost weight following the meal plan of BeachBody's 21 Day Fit Extreme. It did require me to use their protein powder once a day and I still do, but it's not necessary. Basically, I cut out all processed foods (of which I was enjoying way too much :rolleyes:), stopped eating out of boredom or just 'cause it tasted good, cut out sugar and reduced the carbs that did nothing for me such as gluten-free crackers (with a whopping amount of humus on top). The program itself has you calculate your target calories based on your activity level. From there, you use colored cups for your foods. I think the purple cup was for fruit and you're allowed so many cups a day. You do it for 21 days, and then you can keep doing it or make adjustments to maintain or to keep losing. I needed a strict plan because cutting out one or 2 things wasn't going to make a big difference. I knew I had to overhaul my way of eating. I lost 10 pounds in 21 days and made adjustments after that that I could live with, and continued to lose another 10 pounds. I've stuck with the basics of the plan because I like being thinner! And rather than getting a burger and fries when I go out (which isn't often), I get a salad or something healthy. The plan came with workouts too. 30 minutes each and pretty tough. I hope that helped you some!

I'm trying to send some rain to you Lita and Rhea since this has been our wettest season on record. :mad::eek::rolleyes::( You can probably guess how #$^&(! tired I am of it!!

Spring will soon be here, yippee! Have a great rest of your week!

Tracy - at this point, I'll take any moisture you can send :D! You have to blow harder, though, 'cause it hasn't gotten here yet ;) :p!

Speaking of Rhea - CA hasn't dropped off into the sea, has it :eek:?????

No I haven't dropped off the face of the earth yet! Just been really busy with work and workouts.

Melinda, sorry about the bloat, I have been having that problem too. I found that cutting out most of the caffeine works for me. Hasn't gotten rid of all of it, but it is better. I also have to make sure I rotate foods. I cannot eat the same thing everyday. Sugar is a bit bloat culprit. I think it is because the bad bacteria that we have in our gut feeds on the sugar, the refined carbs and such. Anyhow, my research on the subject told me that if you have an imbalance of good and bad bacteria, then the bloat can happen. Also die off of the bad bacteria can make you bloat too. Go figures.

Okay, workout wise. I have not even touched ICE yet. But that is because I have been doing Beachbody workouts. I decided to become a Beachbody coach to get the discounts and maybe earn a little extra money so I can pay off all the debt and finally retire. I have two years to pay off everything...that is the goal.

I did the 3 day refresh which is a "detox" type of nutrition diet. It is very low calorie, but doable. I felt awesome after the third day. It also helped with the bloat, but during the three days I was pretty bloated (probably because of the extra fiber that was introduced that I wasn't used to, but should have been eating...). then I started up the 21 Fix Extreme program. I love Autumn Calabrese, she is a great fitness person that constantly reminds you of form. It is a very tough program though, especially since it is only 30 minutes. I lost 5 lbs over the 3 day refresh and another two so far with the squeaky cleanish eating. That's the point of the 21 day program....workout, but focused on the nutrition.

Tracy - since I'm a coach, I get all the sneak peaks at new stuff coming out. My coach is on the cruise right now with all of the success coaches....Autumn has a new workout coming this summer. More of a fun type, dance, country dance! I saw the video, it looks like a blast!

Okay, better get back to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi fit babes! I'm sorry I've been MIA but I just got back from vacation in CA, and I brought the sun with me! :D I was really pleased to hear that the Bay Area is just 1/2 an inch shy of their normal rainfall this year. Now just to get that rain to move to you Lita....

Good going on the workouts Rhea!!! 21 DFE is really hard! I did it after Hammer & Chisel for only one week and it killed me! I may try it for 2 weeks in a row in the future but not anytime soon. I'll look for that video of Autumn's, thanks! As for your retirement goal, I am really happy for you! I wanna retire NOW and I can't so I'm playing the lottery. :cool:

I was doing well on the workouts before vacation and had no guilt doing nothing during vacation! :p We walked a lot on some days and we were on the move the whole time too but that was either in the car or on the train. I know that Beach Body coaches encourage workouts while on vacation but I just couldn't do it, and I normally don't! It's a vacation, I need a break from everything!

So I'm super excited to jump into the ICE workouts on Monday! Perfect for me to ease back into Cathe. Have an awesome weekend babes!

Tracy - Good to "see" you again :)! Let us know how you like ICE, please! And good luck w/ that lottery ticket :p ;)!

Hi fit babes! I really like the ICE workouts! And some of the cardio is not so intermediate I must say! Tricky Cathe. :D Of course, I picked the ones I wanted to do so to push myself to do them all, I started the X-Train/ICE rotation this week. I've done pretty well keeping the legs going with running with BB and stuff but hoo-wee! My arms really haven't been worked for quite a while! X-Train's Chest, Back and Shoulders almost made them fall off yesterday! :eek:

Record heat here my friends! Above 80 4 days in a row, in April! That's unheard of here. Our low of 58 is usually our high for the day. Took us all by surprise but no one is complaining. :)

No big lottery winnings yet Lita, but I'm OK with giving up $4 a week. :D

Hope you are having a lovely Spring ladies!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.