Love my Kangoo Jumps!!!!

jennifur

Cathlete
A while back I posted that I ordered Kangoo Jumps. I think it was on the Step 360 thread. I had to come back and share my feedback now that I've had them for a week. I really love them. I have been unable to run or do any kind of high impact due to osteoarthritis in both of my knees. I was in physical therapy for a while because I had imbalances in my IT, quads and hamstrings due to long term compensating to try to reduce the pain in my knees. The PT really helped and I began running again which was short lived. Anyway back to the Kangoos- I ordered 2 videos to go with them and enjoyed them a great deal. However, my biggest thrill was today when I took them to the local track and jogged 3 miles in them- awesome. I am pumped. The impact was greatly reduced, there was no pain whatsoever and it was a challenging cardio workout. I am very excited!! The hardest part was getting up enough nerve to be seen in public looking like a lunatic. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't get too many weird looks and only one person actually asked what they were! I hope I continue to love them as much as I do now!!:D

Thank you so much for your review. It was a positive one that I wanted to hear beacuse I would love to have those Kangaroo Jumps. Please keep us posted as you use them. I'm kinda waiting for the month mark.;)

Janie

I love my Kangoos, too! I've had mine for almost a year and still use them fairly regularly. I haven't taken them outside -- I think it would be too much for the small German village I live in :p

They do make some noise on the tile floor in my exercise room, next to my DH's office, so I've had a hard time figuring out when to use them since DH has been working from home and is still sleeping when I get up. He's going back to a real office now and I'm looking forward to bouncing whenever I want.

I guess a huge difference is that I'm not outside, covering distance, I'm just going up and down in a limited space. As much as I like mine for what I use them for, I bet it's a totally different experience outside!

I understand what you mean about taking the jumps outside. It took a lot of nerve on my part, but I'm glad I did. I found them to be more fun outside., although I did enjoy using them inside as well. Are you using videos or just improvising with your own routine? I have two KJ workouts, but I really only like the one with Beth Kruper so it felt a little limited.

Those look like a cross between roller blades & ice skates! Wow, so very cool! I absolutely LOVE the concept! I can see myself owning a pair in the future.......and I don't care who stares at me :D.

Just some questions, which style did you get? On the website there are 3 different kinds? Would you say they are easier to navigate than roller blades? How do they fit?

Natasha

I had looked at those too and they look like so much fun. I'll maybe have to save up for them.

Thanks for posting an update.

Brenda

Natasha,
I got the KJ XR3's. They are MUCH easier to navigate than roller blades. They come in sizes small, medium and large and each size fits a 3 size range. I have the mediums and they accommodate sizes 7-9. They fit well and are comfortable just as long as you wear sock liners and high socks. The first time I used them I didn't and I got nasty blisters. The only down side so far is that my feet get really sweaty in them. I plan on running in my neighborhood tomorrow morning. I'm a little nervous about going the slight down hill on my street. Until this point I've used them on a flat track. If this works out well I'll be even more thrilled. We will see if I continue to love them.

Linda,
I've never seen them in a store. I ordered them on line from kangoojumps.com I think there are some other sites that sell them as well. Now that I've used them some more, I find that I like them the best for jogging outside. Once I got up the nerve I jogged around a neighborhood track for 3 miles, got bored with that and jogged around my neighborhood. Once enough people see them nobody comments any more. I really like them, but interestingly enough, in some respects they are harder than jogging with regular shoes. They are easier on the joints but they are much heavier. It is not easy to buildup speed so the pace is slow but the calorie burn is higher than if you jogged the same distance.
My limit is about 3.5 miles. I tried to go for 4 miles Saturday and definitely overdid it. Be sure to let me know if you order them!! Jen

Linda,
I've never seen them in a store. I ordered them on line from kangoojumps.com I think there are some other sites that sell them as well. Now that I've used them some more, I find that I like them the best for jogging outside. Once I got up the nerve I jogged around a neighborhood track for 3 miles, got bored with that and jogged around my neighborhood. Once enough people see them nobody comments any more. I really like them, but interestingly enough, in some respects they are harder than jogging with regular shoes. They are easier on the joints but they are much heavier. It is not easy to buildup speed so the pace is slow but the calorie burn is higher than if you jogged the same distance.
My limit is about 3.5 miles. I tried to go for 4 miles Saturday and definitely overdid it. Be sure to let me know if you order them!! Jen

Jen,

Thank you! I watched a couple videos today and they look like soooo much fun!! I think I'm getting pretty close to ordering, I will let you know when I do, thanks again!

I ordered yesterday and they are here already!!!!:D It said it would take over a week and they were coming from Seattle:confused: but the box said they shipped from Ft. Lauderdale and I am in Florida also. Kinda feel I got ripped off on the shipping, 25.00, but just happy they are here.

I put them on and felt like a total giant.:eek: I am 5'8" as it is. I bounced around in them a little, but I will watch the dvd later and try them out some more. I think I am going to love them too!:) Linda

@Linda I hope you like them as much as I do. i have been jogging in them now for a few weeks. I really like them. I've been doing 3 miles and having a lot of fun. As I mentioned earlier, I like jogging in them more than doing the videos.
Enjoy!
@Renee- no balance factor for me. It is easier to move in them than to stay still. The only time I felt balance issues was when I tried doing squats in them, that took some major focus and core strength.

@Linda I hope you like them as much as I do. i have been jogging in them now for a few weeks. I really like them. I've been doing 3 miles and having a lot of fun. As I mentioned earlier, I like jogging in them more than doing the videos.
Enjoy!
@Renee- no balance factor for me. It is easier to move in them than to stay still. The only time I felt balance issues was when I tried doing squats in them, that took some major focus and core strength.

So far so good!!! I haven't attempted to take them outside and most likely won't until the fall, living in Florida, it's just too hot this time of year! So for now I will stick to the dvds!;) Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.