Lost- the loss of one you love

Oh my heart and sympathy goes out to you - I cant imagine the loss and pain you are feeling ... my prayers are for you .. I am so sorry for your loss.

nivipa said:
Kitterfly/Angela --

The first step, when you are ready to take it, is to try and do the things you need to do - wash the dishes, take a shower, run errands - without crying the whole time. It's not a great step - it's just the first one. You'll get there. Someday, much further down the line, you'll be able to look back on the time you had together and how much he meant to you without hurting so bad you have to turn away. I promise. But that time will come when you are ready. Don't ever feel like you need to be feeling any certain way at any certain time - this grief is your grief, and it will unfold in its time.

One thought someone shared with me brought me some comfort, so I hope this will do so for you, too. Ultimately, you are very lucky to be grieving so hard, because it meant that you loved very, very deeply while he was here.

Nicole

Nicole, I'm sorry you experienced this too! What beautiful words of advice for Angela! ESP the last paragraph!

Angela, your pic is so special. I'm glad you have it!! Again, big, big hugs & lots of prayers for you!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Lots of hugs and prayers to you, Kitterfly! May God grant you some peace during this unbelievably difficult time!

Pam

Aaron's memorial service was on the 10th. It was beautiful. I miss my husband every day. So much I can't think to deeply about him. Darn it. I think you go on auto pilot for awhile. Luckily I have pets to keep me occupied. I started back at work part time this week. But I am not up to doing some things there yet since it is in a medical setting!!! Unfortunately as life would have it I have to start thinking about other things such as selling the house etc it's to big , rural and expensive for just me but it's my home- makes my tummy sick. I hate all this crud. (bad words)
I have been sick myself recently and have been unable to do cathe for several months now while the docs are all figuring it out but am finally on meds and stabilizing. I think I am going to take some advice and maybe try the new yoga stretch dvd. Do something for me :) Angela

Angela- When I was dealing with PTSD flashbacks/anxiety/grief, I really benefitted from warm epsom salt baths with some lavendar. I found the Dresdner brand to be the most soothing. Its a little more pricey, but worth it. Just run a warm bath, with the epsom salts, and the lavender, soak for about 20 minutes, then hop in bed. Its very soothing.

I hope that suggestion doesn't sound trite, its not intended to be.

I do think of you often.

<Hugs>

Alisha

Angela- When I was dealing with PTSD flashbacks/anxiety/grief, I really benefitted from warm epsom salt baths with some lavendar. I found the Dresdner brand to be the most soothing. Its a little more pricey, but worth it. Just run a warm bath, with the epsom salts, and the lavender, soak for about 20 minutes, then hop in bed. Its very soothing.

I do think of you often.

<Hugs>

Alisha

Alisha, I think this is a really nice idea - particularly when you tell which lavendar you liked best. I think it's these very small and particular acts of self-kindness - that people forget to do when they're grieving - that are the most important. A little, do-able thing....babysteps. For when tomorrow is too big to think about. Been there.

Now I'm going to look at your lavendar brand.

Thanks for posting.

Angela - I'm thinking of you too.

Aaron's memorial service was on the 10th. It was beautiful. I miss my husband every day. So much I can't think to deeply about him. Darn it. I think you go on auto pilot for awhile. Luckily I have pets to keep me occupied. I started back at work part time this week. But I am not up to doing some things there yet since it is in a medical setting!!! Unfortunately as life would have it I have to start thinking about other things such as selling the house etc it's to big , rural and expensive for just me but it's my home- makes my tummy sick. I hate all this crud. (bad words)
I have been sick myself recently and have been unable to do cathe for several months now while the docs are all figuring it out but am finally on meds and stabilizing. I think I am going to take some advice and maybe try the new yoga stretch dvd. Do something for me :) Angela

Yes Angela, do something for you! I think the Yoga Stretch tape is a great idea. Thinking of you still and also Good Luck on all the decisions you have to make with your home. So tough when it's been such a part of both of you! HUGS!!!!

I do think of you often.

<Hugs>

Alisha

this was helpful to me too ...a bath with PTSD...it sounds so simple but was beneficial.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.