Lost- the loss of one you love

Bless your heart. I know so many that have lost husbands and children in the last two years. One thing I know for sure is that "weeping lasts for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." My condolences.

Dear Kitterfly, I don't even know how you are coping with this - what a sudden and terrible loss. If you need to, you can always pour your heart out here. It's always good to release your thoughts, even the tiniest things are safe to say here.

In my prayers ....

Kitterfly,
I am so sorry. My heart breaks hearing of your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on how you are. We all really do care.
Susan

Kitterfly, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I can't imagine how devastated you must be! I'm so sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear of your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Losing someone you love stinks. Try to have something good to focus on to help get you through this. It won't make the pain go away, but may help.

Sherry

Awww, bless your heart! I cannot even begin to imagine. And, at such a young age! That is my biggest fear in life to lose my best friend/hubby! I have a friend who just lost her husband to the exact same thing...sooo unexpected! I wish I knew the right words to say to help comfort you. May God hold you close at this time. Know we're here for you anytime you need! Lots of prayers & hugs coming your way!

I lost my partner of nine years

I know how you feel, and the hurt is something that cannot be imagined. I lost my boyfriend of nine years six months ago, and I am still getting over it. My prayers are with you.

Kitterfly -

I am so sorry. Please accept my sympathy for your loss. I will pray you find the strength with in you.

Kitterfly,
My heart aches for you! I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Please know that we are all here for you in case you need to "talk" through posts. This is such a supportive group and there are people on this forum to support you in the coming months as you grieve this tremendous loss. Prayers to you and your family. Blessings to your husband. A young life lost indeed. Hugs to you!

I am so very very sorry for your loss. Hold onto the memories, feel what you're feeling and be gentle with yourself. Know that many of us are holding you in our prayers.....I hope peace eventually finds you as you find a way to handle your loss. I'm so sorry.

I am so so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how you are feeling right now. Please know your fellow Cathletes are here for you.

I am so sorry for your loss, I just can't even begin to express how much.

Somehow, I don't think that even hugs quite covers it.:(:(

I met my husband in hischool. I was just a freshmen. We have been together for 19 years. I feel I have lived my whole life with him. Im not sure what to do without him here. I'm still not comprehending this. What is that first step when you can't even bear to think about him.
Aaron enjoyed what life had to offer. He loved his family, friends, and was always happy to see people. He loved to be social even though I wasn't. He smiled all the time. He actually liked his job alot. There is going to be a big empty spot in this world without him here.
We had just gotten back from his cousins wedding in Maui the week before. This is one of the last pics of us together. Angela
Thank you for you kind words

Attachments

• image-2008010370.jpg
    image-2008010370.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I'm so, so sorry. This is the greatest fear of many, and I can't comprehend how you must feel. My prayers are with you and your family.

Kitterfly/Angela --

The first step, when you are ready to take it, is to try and do the things you need to do - wash the dishes, take a shower, run errands - without crying the whole time. It's not a great step - it's just the first one. You'll get there. Someday, much further down the line, you'll be able to look back on the time you had together and how much he meant to you without hurting so bad you have to turn away. I promise. But that time will come when you are ready. Don't ever feel like you need to be feeling any certain way at any certain time - this grief is your grief, and it will unfold in its time.

One thought someone shared with me brought me some comfort, so I hope this will do so for you, too. Ultimately, you are very lucky to be grieving so hard, because it meant that you loved very, very deeply while he was here.

Nicole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.