Looking for a spin bike...

Sandcastle

I'm sure there are a lot of posts about this topic but I am having a hard time finding them so I'm asking here as a general question - can anyone give me advice on a good spin bike to buy that isn't over $1000.00? I'm trying to keep this economical as I don't want to be tied to a gym's schedule - especially when the instructors lately are so unmotivating. I want to be able to take advantage of Cathe's spin workouts in my own home. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

There was a thread here about buying used spin bikes .... I can't remember the website. I jotted down the recommended models and kept checking Craigslist until I found one for sale. I think $350-$500 is a good range for a used spin bike, and I figured most non-Cathletes buy them and get bored, not having a good Cathe DVD as a motivator!

I've been taking spin classes for about 6 years, so I knew what to look for in terms of comfort and adjustments. The bonus was mine came with a DVD of 5 hour-long workouts, so I can rotate and have plenty of workouts.

Last edited:
I got a pro form 590 spx a few months ago and live it!! I tried out a pro firm model at sports authority for fit and then ordered it from amazon for $450ish. Sports authority wanted $500 PLUS shipping for the same bike.

I purchased an XTerra MB880 from Sports Authority last winter and really like it. It was regularly $800, but they had a 25% coupon, so at $600 I felt it was a great deal. It's very sturdy and quiet and it comes with a computer.

Shelbygirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.