Looking for a brutal workout...

ConnieSip

Hi everyone...ok I need opinions...I have purchased BC, Kick Max, KPC...these are fun and great workouts..but, I am looking for a brutal kickbutt, aerobic workout, without weights, and without fancy choreography to tripp me up...which DVD of Cathe's would you recommend?...I am ready to make another purchase, but would like your input...Cardio Kicks, Imax, Imax2 or 3, the terminator?.....any of these?...thank you for you help....Connie

I'd say any of these...

-IMax3

-Max. Intensity Cardio

-Terminator (though I think 2 of the 3 have weight segments)

Hi Connie

I would highly recommend the Rhythmic Step/IMAX/Maximum Intensity Cardio DVD. While Rhythmic Step is highly choreographed, both IMAX and MIC have fairly simple choreography and are extremely INTENSE! I have a hard time with complex choreography and this DVD was my intro to Cathe's style. Now I can even do Rhythmic Step without any modifications and it is a lot of fun. But if you want to revel in all out aerobic intensity, you can't be without IMAX and MIC.

Hope this helps :)

Faiza

The original IMAX has the easiest choreography by far. It's also pretty tough.

Cardio Kicks is another great workout. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a space hog. You can do the moves side to side though, as a modification. Also, it's not totally a kickboxing workout. It's a floor aerobics workout with some kicks and punches included.

Pinky

These below are Cathe's toughest workouts (without weights):

- Maximum Intensity Cardio (MIC)

- IMAX3

- Interval Max

- Terminator DVD

- Cardio Kicks

- IMAX2

note: The Terminator has 3 different tough workouts, some with a little weight work.

I'm going to second Faiza's recommendation for the rhythmic step/mic/imax dvd. MIC is tough!

I am a runner/spinner who is also a complete intensity junkie. I rarely do a workout that isn't killer! MIC is always a great sub for rainy days when i can't get an outdoor run in. I've already done parts of MIC then tacked on intervals from IMAX and then finished with rhythmic step challenge. Talk about calorie burner!!

You already have some workouts with brutal cardio in them. Try putting the tougher cardio segments together. I guarantee after you do this a couple of times the I Max workouts will seem easy, most everything will seem easy!! I Max 2 blasts premix is good. BC cardio is good. Great Cardio on I Max 3, try the blasts on this one. Maybe do the blasts on one or BC cardio and Kickmax blasts. I am sure you will feel worked out. Yes, I guess I would go for I Max 3 if you do not have it. Can you do two??? Imax 2 & 3 would be my choice.
Diane Sue

I would have to vote for the Imax videos w/Imax 2 coming first. If you like lots of high jumping then I would vote for Imax 1. I agree w/other posts that Imax 1 is easiest choreography. I still like Imax2 the best as it gets my heart rate up good, music is a blast, and it has a combo of high jumps w/power moves on step so you don't kill your knees.

I did Imax 3 last week and am really excited to do again this week a 2nd time too. The jumps were hard on my knees but I had also worked out my legs really hard and was still sore from a couple days prior so that might have had something to do with it???

Pam

Thank you so much everyone...these are great suggestions...I am researching each one..I am ordering a couple more DVD's today and this information is helping me so much...thanks again....Connie

Yes, Body Max is tough, but she asked for no weights.

LOVE Body Max though! It was the first Cathe workout I tried!

:D

Laura,

That is a true statement :). For my 50th birthday the other day I did MIC and added on 20 minutes of leg blasts from KickMax. That was brutal but I was still able to walk that day and the next.:7

Hmm, as a newer Catheite, I would throw in the caution that the choreography in IMAX2 IS tricky and takes time to learn. I asked this question a while back and the consensus was that the original IMAX or Rhythmic Step were good starting points, tough workouts with simpler choreography that makes the later stuff easier to learn...

Let us know what you pick!

Cheers,
Marie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.