Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hi everyone,

My appointment with the PT was very early this morning, I didn't had time to walk. PT went well today. He did some stretching/massages on my neck/shoulder. He still wants me not to lift anything heavier than 3#. My neck is sore from the stretches/massages he did.

DH and I just had some lunch. We will walk shortly.

Diane - thanks for the link. I will check it out. Maybe it will help you with your shoulder/neck. When I do band workouts lately, it's too painful doing anything shoulder wise standing. Try sitting down with the band under your butt, it will take the pressure of your shoulder/neck. Plus, you still get a workout in. I am also looking forward to Cathe's new workouts.

BBL

Today I did CDorner Kickboxing with Low impact options(which I really did not use). This has loads of jacks with boxing moves and kicks. It was okay, but there was a point where my hear rate got really high and I was actually feeling a bit nauseated. That does not usually happen, but the last phase is lots of jacks and impact till the cool down. Heart rate was 146/184, 40 minutes, 242 calories. 3,628 steps. I then did CDorner quick abs burner with pilates ball #155, 18 minutes, 33 calories heart rate 86/105, and her Inner thigh burner with a pilates ball (really his all of the lower body and some abs), 12 minutes 31 calories, heart rate 92/106 which starts with standing and moves to the floor and not all of it uses the ball. The two pilates ball workouts had 226 steps together. I also started the neck and shoulders stretch and got to 8 minutes and it just started spinning. I went out and came back in a couple of times and it was still spinning so I stopped there and did some upper back foam roller on my own. Total time not counting stretch was 70 minutes, 306 calories, 3,854 steps.

Belinda, nice job getting the walk in. It seems weird to need a jacket in August. It was cooler here this morning.

Today I did CDorner Basic to Intermediate step from yesterday, 47 minutes, heart rate 146/177, 282 calories, 4,881 steps. I enjoyed this one. It was a lot of fun. I also did CDorner Glutes and Cardio #181 from yesterday which was 38 minutes, heart rate 113/139, 133 calories, 835 steps. Total time was 85 minutes, 415 calories, 5,716 steps. I was going to stop after the first two rounds, but kept going on this. I was not so much a fan of the last bit that was on the floor with a 5# dumbbell behind the knee, but fortunately 1 round of that and a final round of the cardio which is after each round of strength. I think I do not mind this workout if I skipped the kneeling stuff. My right hip has a tendency to hurt and I am always rolling it out and stretching and was worried about setting it off. I It is not too long. I did the kneeling stuff on my forearms most of the time rather than put that much pressure on my hands. I really thought it would be a bigger calorie burn since there was very little rest at all.
CDorner Glutes and Cardio #181
38 minutes, first round of work is repeated 3 times with the cardio after each round, final round goes to the floor with the same cardio as with all rounds which has a lot of jumps in it. Each cardio round is 2 minutes and for moves uses a fabric loop band (me heavy) and 20-25# dumbbells (me 15's)
warm up
round 1-3 loop band on 15# dbs
squat 2 times with deadlift 1 time 15 reps
side to side tap no weight 16 reps
regular deadlift 15 reps
to the floor bridges 15 reps 1 15# db
in bridge press outs no weight just band that is still on
Cardio 2 minutes, 30 sec each move
tap out jump alternating
1 dumbbell 15# squat set down db down jump
squat two hop in and jacks
curtsy lunge jump alternating
(repeat this series and cardio 2 more times)

Last round on hands and knees with 5-8# dumbbells(me 5#)
45 seconds each move
db held behind knee single lifts
db held behind knee pulses
db behind knee singles lifts down and up
db behind knee(me no weight here) pulses out o the side and in
Cardio again
stretch is rather short for all of the work. I foam rolled my hips and my upper back.

Hi everyone,

DH and I walked early this morning. I also did a band workout from YT.

Diane - great job yesterday and today. DH and I walk around 6 am in the morning. Today it was around 54. It does get cooler in the morning.

Good night.

Belinda, that is pretty cool for a walk. I would need a light jacket myself. It was cool here this morning and it rained a little bit. Stayed cloudy all day. By the end of the week it will be back up to the 90's.
I think I am going to be sore from the floor work with the dumbbell. My legs and hips are already feeling it.

My grandchildren are coming over in a bit. Today I did CDorner 45 minute Low Impact Steady State Cardio no jumping, heart rate 149/180, 301 calories, 5,079 steps, 49 minutes as I wanted to hit 300 calories, actual is 46:48. Not much difference, but I was so close. There is some 2# dumbbell work at the end and I did some of it, but when she did some that bothered my shoulders I did more cardio moves.

Good morning,

sorry I have not checked in yesterday. DH and I are visiting DD in DC. We will stay until tomorrow.

Yesterday I walked and did my own upper body work. Not sure what I will do today?

BBL

I did get in a workout this morning. My grandson was still asleep. Now I am waiting on the lawn guy to finish so I can pay him and get a shower.
I did CDorner Cardio Hiit (Hiits my birthday) she turned 45 so everything was sort of named for her birthday and sometimes timed at 45 reps or 45 seconds. Anyway this was 47 minutes, heat rate 145/182, 267 calories, 2,546 steps. This was done with a cardio then a strength then an ab move. Some with a dumbbells. It has lots of plank, bear, burpee, butt kick and variations on jacks. I followed modifications and sometimes just did my own thing. I used 10# dumbbell for those moves that used weight. If I remember right during the conversation before starting she does say you can do it without the weights. I watched that part when it was filmed. Once I started I just pushed through, and will not choose that one again.
Anyway, this one is too much impact and too much burpee and stuff on the hands for me. I made up some of my own moves.

Belinda, have fun with your daughter.

Hi everyone,

I am back from visiting DD in DC. We had a blast this weekend. We did a lot of walking around Arlington VA. They have nice parks, lots of streps and lots of people. Mask on, mask off.

Diane - great job on your workouts this weekend. I always have fun hanging out with my DD.

BBL

Today I did CDorner Step # 134 Fun Dance Tunes , 59 minutes, heart rate 145/172, 333 calories, 6,470 steps. This was fun. I do like most of the step workouts a lot. I also did some light stuff with tubing and a 5# dumbbell as well as stretching for rotator cuff and trap area. I did not use my watch for that. Yesterday I think I paid for Saturday's birthday hiit workout. I hurt so bad when I woke up and had a massive headache. I got up and went outside and watched the rain pour down trying to get relaxed a bit and enjoy the beauty of early morning rain and watching the clouds move. It did not last real long before the sun came out. Drank coffee and did some stretching and CDorner foam roller. Then I read awhile and finally resorted to one Advil. Over the day it let up, but I was sure tired as it kept me up and we did not get to bed till 1 am. Anyway, today I am doing good. Tomorrow I doubt I will do a workout. I have a long drive for ladies game day in the morning that starts between 8:30 and 9:00 and will stop at TJMaxx since it is in that area and I want to get a gift card for my granddaughter's birthday.

Belinda, nice that you had so much fun while you were gone. It was nice having my grandson and his sister who was here for awhile. It is nice to have them one on one sometimes. Not so much chaos and you can just enjoy them. I get my grandson next week for a couple of days without virtual school so that will be nice. His sister will already be in class, but he goes to my daughter's school and she has those two days of meet the teacher.

No workout today. I will get one in tomorrow though. Sometime I need to get to a grocery store to prepare for Sunday. I stopped at TJMaxx on the way home. Funny I felt so tired, but laid back in the recliner when I got home and my mind was all over the place. Could not relax enough to doze. Maybe bed earlier tonight. I had fun at ladies game day today. Only 8 of us though. For different reasons some could not come and one had a stomach virus. She went to get tested even though she had covid before and it came back negative thankfully. So, a bit smaller group. Praying for one that is 90 as she just moved to assisted living, now stuck wearing a mask again and was exposed to covid when visiting her sister who afterward tested positive along with her husband so of course she did not come. I just worry about these women that are older and health issues. I am feeling good today other than the fact my allergies are crazy and I took some cough gels, and like everything that says non-drowsy they make me groggy anyway.

Belinda, I am glad you got a nice long walk in today. I hope that PT goes well. How long do you think they will have you doing it?

I looked over the presale and Cathe does not have the dvds listed available individually without the bands unless you purchase both. I would get the loop band dvd, but I do not need the bands and I am hoping later I can get just the dvd by itself.

Hi everyone,

I walked early this morning. I also did a full body with weights workout.

Diane - PT went well yesterday. Everytime I leave I am in a lot of pain, feel fine the day after. He did ultrasound therapy and stretched my neck/shoulder. I am getting inpatient with the progress. How are you doing? It's taking forever to heal. I honestly have no idea how long I will have PT? I have another appointment next week. Maybe Cathe will sell individual dvd's after the presale is over? I can ask Mary if she will sell the dvd's? I do like the bands :)

BBL!

Today I feel fine. I guess the day off helped. I did CDorner Basic Step and Abs, #135 (same as Debbie) 46:40 minutes, heart rate 148/178, 268 calories, 4,379 steps. Chris has it listed at 128 bpm, but I added the second riser and added some intensity as she does give some suggestions for that since it is a basic workout. I also did CDorner Upper Body and Abs she did this week, but skipped the warm up, push ups, and abs, so this was 36 minutes, 112 calories, heart rate 102/128. Each exercise group is done twice291 steps. I then finished with her mobility workout for this week, 30 minutes, 56 calories, 35 steps. Total calories today was 436, 1 hour and 52 minutes, 4,705 steps. The upper body workout is pretty doable. I just did not want to do planks that I saw with side planks etc Also I did some abs with the cardio.

The upper body workout was timed for each move
Rnd 1 push up to child pose
1arm row 15# db she used 20
lying on back 12# dbs alternating 1 arm pull over with opposite leg drop I used 10's and and did not pull over as far as she did overhead
chest fly with a glute bridge 15's but I used 12 one round and 10 the next
repeat

rnd 2 abs which I skipped

rnd 3
alternating hammer curl/twist(supinate?) she uses 15's I used 12's and second round did just hammer curls
overhead press/3 triceps extensions or option front raise and kickbacks she uses 12's and drops to 10's I used 8's
3 w curl pusles/ rotate in to front and out I used 8's

rnd 4 abs which I skipped

Belinda, that is what I am thinking that Cathe will sell individual workouts after the presale. Or even downloads would be okay except I like the premixes and find it a hassle to hook up my external drive and find the download. I hope you are done soon with the PT and can keep progressing.

Hi everyone,

I walked early this morning, I also did a 45 min barre workout.

Diane - totalfitnessdvd's should sell Cathe's new band workouts soon. I hear you on the premixes. I haven't done a dvd in so long. Still like buying them. Great job yesterday.

BBL to read catch up on more personals

Reactions: WD
Today I did CDorner Kickbox Hiit from yesterday. I liked this one a lot and lots of fun music and guessing which movie some pieces were used in, like Mannequn. There were three groups of exercises done twice for 45 seconds each move. Only one went to the floor and I just did the punches and a squat hop (she did give alternatives) This was 39 minutes, heart rate 151/186, 239 calories, 3,060 steps. No equipment needed.
I followed this with her Pilates Ball thighs, buns, and abs. I don't know why, but I was really sweating when she had me laying facedown with the ball squeezed between my feet and holding my feet off the floor. Seriously sweating. Moving into other stuff, I finally had to stop and get a towel as the ball kept wanting to slide. Good workout though and most of it was not on the knees at all. The last 10 minutes was abs and I kind of liked the moves. This was 34 minutes, and 69 calories, heart rate 88/113, 125 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 308 calories, 3,172 steps. I also did the upper portion of foam rolling for hips and upper body, and then did the 15 minute quick stretch total body which most used a chair for.

Belinda, I am sure I will be able to get just the dvd somewhere by itself. They usually go on to Amazon after awhile. Just turning on the tv and streaming is terribly convenient, but I still like my dvds. The good thing about Kelly's Raw is she has the dvds on it as well and no extra charge, but only a few premixes are there as she has to put them up individually because of the way the system is.

Hi everyone,

No walk this morning, It was too hot to walk. I ended up doing Cathe Fit Tower Lean (DVD's that came with the Fit Tower) + Mean. It was a great short workout. I also did Happy Yoga Waterfall.

I think I mention it? My DD is getting certified in yoga. She will get there certification from Brett Larkin :) Please keep her in your prayers! She needs some good vibes. I can't believe DD is going to be a yoga teacher. She will focus on modifactons for people with injuries. DH and I have lots of injuries. I will post the link once she decides to do free yoga sessions if anyone is interested.

Diane - you get free shipping plus 10% off with code 10 off on Totalfitnessdvd's. I don't get anything for recommending Mary. I am looking forward to the bands/dvd's. Kelly Raw sounds amazing with the extra dvd's. I may sign up when I am done with CL. I always will keep SBF. Just love her workouts.

Good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.