Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today I woke up with shoulder, neck and low back hurting for no apparent reason. I was pleased as I felt pretty good yesterday all day and that strength workout Saturday did not bother me. Maybe it was because yesterday was a day off and no stretching or extra movement.
Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics #88 Disco, 60 minutes, heart rate 135/169, 5,087 steps. I then did CDorner Upper body and neck stretch 26 calories, and Cathe Perfect 30 Flow timesaver strength and flexibility, 18 minutes, 30 calories. Total time was 96 minutes, 360 calories. I also did some foam rolling from CD's hips and shoulder. I did not count that one.

I am going to try to get a workout in in the morning before I head to the ladies game day and maybe I will hit the grocery store for things for Sunday before I come home.

Belinda, nice work today with Suzanne Bowen Lower Body and Walk.

i everyone,

DH and I walked before my appointment this morning.

Both my knees are grinding from the arthritis in my knees. The surgeon and I agreed not to do surgery until I can't take the pain anymore. He did that with my DH's knee too. The doc wanted DH to go until he couldn't walk anymore. Knee surgery is one of the worst surgery.The doc said my knees are bad. I am too young for knee replacements. The doc also thinks my arthritis has something to do with RP. Which surprised me a little. My Rheumalogist doesn't think my arthritis has anything to do with my knees. I started having knee problems when I was still running. My knees hurt every time I went from a long run. I have to keep everything low impact and modify the heck out of my workouts even more. The surgeon also showed me more LB modify exercises I can do without further hurting my knees further. Walking doesn't hurt my knees unless I walk over hour. The doc wants me to continue with walking. At one point I need both knees done. Hopefully not anything soon. My husband knee is still very swollen. The surgeon wants to see me again in a few month and see how I am doing. If I get to a point where I can't walk anymore he wants to see me right away. I have a lot of swelling daily. Since the shots didn't do anything for my knees or the swelling he recommends just icing. I been icing my shoulder/neck and my knees daily.

Funny, I just read on The China Study about arthritis and animal proteins. Makes a lot of sense.

Diane - did you get your workout in today? Hope you have a wonderful time with the ladies. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Good night.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Walk outside is done. It's getting hot outside.

Have an appointment with the PT shortly. I also should get my x ray results.

I will be back later.

Reactions: WD
No workout today. It took me an hour and 10 minutes to get to my arthritis doctor and the wait was so long. Parking was difficult as they had so many people there. It is annoying that they have two bathrooms each for one person all genders and one is by the pharmacy and one the other waiting area. I made sure not to drink any water this morning and still needed to use it because the wait was an hour and I still had the drive back home :( I hate public bathrooms anyway, but that is crazy since they have their infusion area, labs, radiology where they do mri, x-rays etc.. Convenient except the bathrooms. People come from out of tow to use this center. Anyway, he thinks the way my right shoulder moves and the pain areas that it may be a rotator cuff issue. We agreed I would wait and see how the steroid injection goes and I go back in 3 months :rolleyes: (usually 6 months) because he may want to do another mri, since it has been 2 years, so he can see what is going on. I told him that hurt and I was not wanting to do. I never had an mri hurt till I got the neck and shoulder ones done before. The angle for that length of time with no movement was terribly painful. Also the drive back from thee would be that much more unpleasant.
I don't know why, but my blood pressure and all of that has been really in a good area at the pulmonolgist and the arthritis center. Usually it goes up just because of stress. Maybe eating even more veggie dishes has helped. I definitely have not lowered caffeine as I looked up the Chameleon cold brew caffeine stats and using that and my hot cup of strong coffee in the morning along with kombucha tea is quite a bit.
I have been losing sleep with this stupid shoulder and arm. No comfortable position. The doctor wanted to know if it was because I was lying on it and I told him not. Even lying on my back with arms straight down is painful. My elbow hurts as well. Driving is miserable and I use my left arm to get things out of my cabinets when I have to reach up. So something is definitely not right. Also I need to put on some weight somehow. I was 108 this morning and feel I look silly in my sleeveless clothes.
Oh, and yesterday I did a few minutes of CDorner No Jumping Cardio Sweatfest low impact, 25 minutes, heart rate 139/181, 135 calories, 2,408 steps.

Belinda, that is good the PT gave you exercises that you can use to protect your knees. I know how you feel about the knee replacement. Also fresh in your mind watching your husband go through it and recovery.

Belinda, I just looked over my labs results today and it seems my white count is low by a lot compared to the graph for last time. Maybe that has to do with the inflammation and pain. They marked it and C-reactive was way higher than it was in January and they marked it high. I really need to build up my immune system somehow. Shoulder feels better and I am guessing because of the lidocaine that went before the steroid.

Hi everyone,

I walked with DH early this morning.

Thanks everyone! I am ok! I was a little shocked yesterday by the results. After talking to my kids about it and searching on the John A. McDougall website. I feel a lot better. What I learned is that as we age we lose bone density. I talked to my doctor a while ago, he ordered a bone density test. I will get it done at Walter Reed. He also supscribed Vitamin D + calcium. I have to get some blood test done tomorrow or today. I will pick it up at the same time. I read through this article and it made me feel better to know what to do and not.https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/common-health-problems/osteoporosis/

Diane - after reading your blood test. I started looking at mine, lol. Have you talked to your doctor about your low white blood counts? I remember when I had a nasty ear/sinus infection one time my white blood counts were low too. Yeah, sounds like you need to build up your immune system. I need to build up mine too. Hope you feel better soon.

I still have to get my stretches in. My PT gave me a lot of stretches for my neck, lol. Should count as a workout, lol. BBL

Today I did CDorner No repeat Leg workout w/ dumbbells and bands ( not exactly no repeat , but with some changes) I think I have done this one before and she put it up as a previously filmed. She was cold and wearing a jacket at the start. I remember doing all of the moves 62 minutes, 103/138 heart rate, 184 calories, 728 steps. I also did her full body mobility stretch and release routine for flexibility that she filmed Wednesday. 35 minutes, heart rate 82/109, 58 calories, 197 steps. I also foam rolled my upper back and traps area and did some of my PT exercises for rotator cuff with a 3# db 2 sets 20 reps.
Leg workout
round 1 all done with band standing and ending with 2 floor band moves.
Round 2
reverse lunges 20# dbs
dead lift 20# dbs
walking lunges 10# dbs
side to side lunges 15# dumbbell
bridges with 20# dumbbell
round 3
reverse kubge oykses 20# dbs
3 pulse squat/ deadlift 20# dbs
walking lunge with a knee up and leg lift behind 10# dbs
side lunge 1 dumbbell 15#
floor bridge 20# db 3 pulses
round 4
no weight reverse lunge step back up squat
cross legged deadlift 15# dbsalternating
walking lunges 10# dbs
curtsy lunge 15# db held to chest to keep from turning the body
glute bridge 20# 3 pulses
round 5
reverse lunge 1 leg deadlift 15# dbs
plie squat heel lift
floor 20# db figure four or straight leg lift bridge
forearms right leg lift pulse then leg lift knee in the same on left leg

Belinda, I was kind of surprised that they didn't call and make comment about the low white count. Some other lows and highs, but they were like before. I read the results online. I had a low white count when I had all of those lymph nodes in my clavicle and the did the needle biopsy and all of those tests, My daughter flipped out and called the clinic as the doctor I saw just said they were low and I was running a fever and sent me home saying we would see how it goes. He did nothing. That is when I got my other doctor as a doctor friend called her and got me right in and she immediately started running tests. I am thinking it is more likely the inflammation and pain and right now my immune system seems down. We will see how this goes.

Hi,

Walked outside this morning. Picked up my CSA. Been cleaning/chopping and freezing.

Diane - a few years ago, my white blood count was low. It could be that your body is fighting an infections. Glad your DD stepped in. It could be that your immune systems is down with the inflammation and pain your going through. Hope you feel better soon.

BBL

I did CDorner Step Aerobics New Choreography today, intermediate/ advanced, 53 minutes, heart rate 130/168, 270 calories, 4,640 steps. She did not talk to people live in this one. I also id CDorner upper back and neck stretch along with the upper back foam rolling from Hips and Upper Back, 32 minutes, 37 calories, 43 steps. Total time today was 85 minutes, 307 calories,4,683 steps. I have cooking to get done and we are going to have to go to a paint store for some touch up paint as what they left in the attic is not good. I slept much better last night. I got some Vital Proteins Zen which is magnesium, gaba, and ashwagandha and just before bed took a 2.5 mg melatonin. I actually got 7 hours of sleep and some deep and lots of rem.

Belinda, nice job on getting the walk in and picking up your CSA. Thank you! I am tired tonight an am hoping to get to bed soon. Enchiladas, made some set up for low carb for my husband and a southern pecan pound cake. I bought salad ingredients like I always do for these get togethers. I need to do a Whole Foods order the first part of the week. I made a rice dish with shitake mushrooms in it for my dinner tonight and then had my protein bowl with blueberries. I have read some of the China Study Stuff, but also have read some other stuff on it, like him omitting some things from the actual study to get his only vegan is right claim. I do like vegetable dishes but, doubt I would ever try vegan all the way again. One article I read was someone who was not against vegan and had done it for years herself and had respect for people that do it. She said she eliminates dairy from her diet because of some health reasons. Anyway she has a whole lengthy study and posts the discrepancies. Also he grew up working with cows. I am glad that it seems to be helping you and hope it continues to do so.

Went for a walk outside with DH. Love the cooler weather.

Diane - I don't know what article you referring too? On him omitting some things from the actual study to get his only vegan is right claim? Can you please post the article if you have time. There are always going to be people posts that discrepancies healthy eating. They trying to cover their own bad eating habits. I read something similar on Amazon on The China Study the other day, lol. We all have a choice.

BBL

Belinda, I will post a couple of the links. I am not saying you are doing the wrong thing. It is always tough getting all of the facts as money and fame makes people stretch the truth and make things look how they individually want it to be. You know me, I spend a lot of time researching things and trying to find what works for my needs, and I think that is the best course for all of us. There really is no one perfect solution to nutrition for everyone. Same reason I veered off from the full blown paleo. Although I like Loren Cordain as he is more sensible on it, those that incorporate loads of bacon and saturate fats are crazy people in my book. Cannot be healthy as far as I can see. I just do not want to eliminate some nutrients that the body needs.
The China Study: Fact or Fallacy? | Denise Minger
proteinDebate.indd (catalystathletics.com)

Diane - I don't know where she is getting her facts from? She is a blogger. Like she said she isn't a vegetarian anymore. Of course, she is bad mouthing anything that is healthy. I also spent a lot of time reaching. There is good info, there is bad info. It's just here option on plant based food. I guess, eating Burger King is better than a plant based meal. In The China Study they also have article (medical) to back it up. Everyone should do what they feel is right for their own body. Nobody is forcing a plant based diet on anyone. I eat my nutrients rather getting it in a pill form.

I have PT in the morning. I prepped and cooked all my meals for this week. Now I am tired.

Have a great Sunday.

Belinda, agreed on the eat the nutrients rather than take a pill. I never could figure out how they could get a big platter of veggies in a couple of capsules. The body is made to use food, not pills. People look for an easy way when they don't want to eat the food, which in the long run does not work. Common sense should tell us that fresh unprocessed foods are going to be used by our bodies well. It is always people willing to go for an easy way which is just not going to work.
I have so many left overs of food we are not going to eat today. Most will go in the trash as I don't have anyone else coming over to eat it. I have a butternut squash I want to prepare tomorrow. The recipe has kale and pine nuts stuffed into it, but I will use pumpkin seeds instead.
Prepping and cooking ahead is quite the job and there is always a bunch of clean up, but much easier for a few days. I have to cook differently for myself and for my husband so it is best for me to plan mine for a few days and then his for a few days. I am out of blueberries which I like to eat with my plain cashew yogurt so need to get an order out to whole foods. I have strawberries, but they are not a favorite and I would rather just eat them as is, not in my yogurt.

This morning I did a CDorner Mobility flow workout.

Last edited:
Today I did Cathe Perfect 30 Low Impact Hiit mix with the bonus cardio pyramid and stretch (modifying the box jumps on the bonus. This was 49 minutes, 263 calories, heart rate 139/177, 3,042 steps. I followed this with Perfect 30 Mobility Flow, which I like better than the strength flexibility, 54 calories, 32 minutes, heart rate 80/102, 190 steps. Total time 81 minutes, 317 calories, 3232 steps. I have not done the Low Impact Hiit much. I am not a real fan of drill type moves, but it was something different and the low impact part really got my heart rate up. Weird that it dropped off on the bonus step cardio pyramid.

Belinda, I hope PT went well today and you got in SBF Barre today. Nice job getting the walk in.

Good morning,

Walk outside and SBF D44 Lean and Toned Arms + Tabletop Balance is done,

Diane - my PT went well yesterday. She did an ultrasound on my shoulder/down my arm. It's suppose to help with the pain. Next week she will show my exercises I can do with the bands. She showed me stretches I should do daily. She doesn't recommend using anything higher than 3 pounds. I have another PT on Monday. Friday I will get the bone density test done. Great job yesterday.

I will be back later.

Today I did CDorner Butt and Legs Burnout, 51 minutes, heart rate 122/146, 581 steps, 141 calories. I took up a few minutes writing things down, otherwise it was around 45 minutes. I then did her 10 minute quick abs with min bands, 41 calories, heart rate 107/124, I have done this before and it is mainly obliques and some lower back. I then did Part of Mobility #19 stopping at 14 minutes(too much time on my hands. This was 25 calories, heart rate 78/97. I finished with upper back foam roller work which I did not count. Total time was 65 minutes, 166 calories. Not a big calorie burn, but a good lower body workout.

Butt and Legs Burnout uses the heavy lavender fabric loop band
band work standing
band still on and using 20# dbs squat 3 pulses and deadlift
band on and 20# db(she uses 30) bridge
hands and knees band leg lift/cross

next group done twice
wall sit with dbs on thighs calf raises20# dbs
1 leg deadlift 15's
wide squat with dumbbells on thighs calf raises 20's first time and second I dropped to 15's
deadlift 20# dbs

one knee leg up/out/curl
same leg hands and knees leg curl and extend
same leg lunge/up with cross back/knee up cross back/lunge back repeat
repeat on other leg

bonus booty round skaters side to side tapping dumbbells
follow with deadlift 20's (me)
repeat 2 more times I think all moves are 30 seconds as she uses a timer

Belinda, nice work this morning. I pulled out my SB bounce dvd and thought I should set it out in workout room #2 as my husband calls it that has my other equipment in it and do some of it. My rebounder is not good for holding onto a bar though. I used to use the Fit Tower and pile weight plates on the bottom of it. I gave my son in law the 25# plates as I figured I was not going to use them and my husband gave him his weight bench. The bar on the urban rebounder is not stable if you hang on it much. I put the Jump Sport on my history on Amazon and my husband asked about it. I tried one at my friends and they are nice.

Good morning,

Walk outside plus SBF UB is done.

Diane - I love my Jump Sport. I have handles, which comes handy if you do barre on the rebounder. So versatile too.

I will be back later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.