Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda, I did not sign up for a year of Cathe Live. I am thinking about ending it after the 2nd month. I will see how I feel about it. I will keep Coffey Fit Raw though. I am really liking it.

Doreen, great deal on the barbells. I have a pad that slides around my longer barbell. The one I got from Beach Body with the Les Mills Pump is a padded barbell which is always nice. It is my preferred barbell. I have noticed Kelly Coffey uses a barbell that the pad on it looks taped on it. It would be a bit awkward if using it for workouts where you would have problems working around the pad if that was the only bar you used. I do like having more than one bar set up for workouts.

Hi everyone,

sorry for been so short lately. Just found out my nephew from Germany is coming this Saturday. Getting ready for him. I am super excited he is coming :) He is gonna be here for 2 weeks. Not sure, what I will do workout wise while he is here?

today I walked and did Stopwatch abs with SB.

Diane Sue - my neighbor been trying to get me over her house so we can do a CL workout :) I am just to tired l to do Cathe's cardio workouts. I do enjoy my walks, the weather is perfect. I probably will do Cathe's cardio when the weather gets colder. I like being outdoors.

Doreen - great deal and find on that BB. I got a great deal for mine too. It gets used a lot.

That's it for me today. Have a great evening.

Belinda, that is exciting that your nephew is coming to visit :) I think being outside promotes health and better sleep. I avoid it a lot though because of my crazy allergies that I really wish I could get a handle on. It is quite frustrating. Cathe live is pretty intense most of the time.

Diane Sue - I am so excited :) I love being outside. Sorry to hear about your allergies. I hear you on being frustrated. Hope you get a handle on it soon too. While I was at my neighbors house she showed me a few Cathe Live. I thought they looked the same as her dvd's. Lot's of jumping :( Cathe loves those jumping jacks.

Belinda, I don't mind the jumping jacks so much, I don't enjoy the tuck jumps, flying jacks, burpees to jumps, knocking my mat all over the place on the floor. I don't even use the mat in those mat cardio workouts. I pretend that it is here. I can do it, but it becomes aggravating trying to watch out for the mat while I am trying to put my all into a move. I would like to put all of my favorite moves that Cathe does into one workout and leave the ones that I do not like. I really wish there were more just individual weight workouts. Most seem to be total body, circuits, and bootcamp. I have found that I can do one part and skip the other. A lot of the time I just want to do cardio alone and then do weights alone. Not mixed up into one workout. I don't like holding two dumbbells together because it hurts my hand joints, but I understand they are limited on what they can have out there in a class setting. I just sub, say a 20# dumbbell for when Cathe holds a 10 and 12 or something like that together. Most of the barre workouts are incorporated with some cardio or some other type of workouts. I think I like the dvds best. I did a workout the other day and thought it was so familiar that I must have done it before, but could not find it in my log book. I think it was just very similar to another I had just done. I am glad she has some low impact workouts that I like. All though crush it low impact is pretty much the same as the dvds. It is fun having them be a bit different and the variety though. I am just running out of ones that I really want to try and am about ready to go back to my dvds.

Belinda- How fun to have visitors!

This morning was Alexia Clark's upper body workouts - and I skipped it again. I'm just not that into her upper body workouts - too much overhead pressing I think..... and I miss my cardio during the week. So I did a Jazzercise DVD - enough routines to fill 45 minutes. Very fun to just be dancing around. I sometimes have two left feet and would mess up but no big deal!

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Walk and S&S premix 2 is done.

Diane Sue - everything you listed my body/knees can't handle anymore. I agree, most of her workouts are very similar. For cardio I like to walk outside/hike or use other instructors like Jessica Smith. I have more than enough total body, circuits, and bootcamp workouts. I also like using youtube for variety. Lots of great instructors on YT :)

Doreen - I am super excited to see my nephew this Saturday.

I will try to be back later.

This morning I did Cathe Live Triple Fit, warm up and step cardio only, 17 minutes, met 7.0 131 calories, heart rate average 137, max 164, 1,633 steps. I then did Cathe Live Get Steppin , 51 minutes, average heart rate 145, max 171, met 6.5, 366 calories, 4,764 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw stretch 28 minutes, 62 calories. Total time was 96 minutes, 530 calories. We have a lizard running around in our house and cannot catch it. Last night my husband saw it go into the vent on the front of the fireplace. Then it came out and started up the chimney, My husband couldn't catch it. Then it got on top of the shelving and went around the ceiling line. I wanted it out before bed as Gertie was going crazy over it. My husband sprayed it with flying bug spray. We thought it was left up there to die. Just before I went to bed, Gertie jumped up and went flying across the room and there was the lizard. I screamed and Gertie because I was afraid she would eat it after it had been sprayed. I put Gertie out and I never could find it again. It went under the coffee table and when I moved it it was gone. It blends with our wood floor. I wore shoes to walk to the bedroom. SO, it is still in here somewhere.
Really, if I could catch the lizard and put it outside where it belongs I would be happy. It will eventually die inside for lack of food or Gertie will get it.

Doreen, nice work with Alexa's workouts.

Belinda, today's step workout had an awful lot of pivots. I really do have to be careful about pivoting off the step, even if it is low or just the platform. That slows me down a bit, but it is not worth torquing my knee. I love step though. You tube does have so much more to off in the way of workouts now.

Diane Sue - I love step workouts too. Especially the older step workouts. I saw Amy Bento new upcoming step dvd clip :( Lots of turns around the step. I was getting dizzy just watching it, lol.

Belinda, Amy has always done a lot of turns and facing away from the step. I got used to her step workouts though and for the most part it was not that difficult. She does have a couple of workouts that I ran into a bump so to speak that had a lot of learning curve to. Still I always found them fun and she was generally good at choosing decent music. Originally she was going to do rebounding workouts on a youtube channel and had incorporated it with some kettlebells on the floor on her first ones, then she seemed to stop and came back saying she was going to start up again with the step workouts.

Diane Sue, I know. I have pretty much every dvd she ever made. I still haven't done her last step workout. I hope she offers downloads too. I love her workouts, they are lot of fun. I remember her saying she will do more rebounding workouts on youtube.

OH- I love me some Amy Bento Ross Step!!! Looks like a YT workout though. She says that she is too busy for a production.

So I just needed a familiar workout this morning instead of reading through a paper workout (sorry Alexia - I love your workouts but they take brain power). So I did ICE Metabolic total body plus blizzard blast. I forgot about all the air jacks in the BB (ugh) so I started turning them into straight jumps like Kelly does and that worked. I always go heavier than Cathe in this workout and felt I got a really good workout!

Today I did not do the Cathe Live 200. Maybe tomorrow. It is a cardio workout, after I looked at it. It has a weight movement or two for each round put in using 8 or 10# dumbbells along with things like push ups, burpees, plyo jacks, some abs etc.. I thought it was a total body strength workout, which is basically, but not a normal weight workout.
Today, I did Cathe Live Fit legs from her streaming last week, 46 minutes(42 actual) 1,596 steps, 249 calories, met 4.9, heart rate 114 average, 144 max. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Core Moves, 25 minutes, heart rate average 100, max 133, 83 calories, met 3.0. I still love this one and she puts some bridges and hamstring roll ins into it. Everything is done with the stability ball. I used my Bosu Ballast ball that has sand in it today.
Fit Legs live 42 minutes Cathe starts out with a 30# barbell and round 3 increases to 40# , 10,12,15# dumbbells
This is 4 rounds of moves each done twice with no real rest other than adjusting weights between rounds Also starts out with a step and 3 risers per side
RD #1
squats 35# barbell (Cathe 30#) 16 reps then 3 and 1 going into low ends
static lunge 15# dbs 16 reps right then 16 left
drop squats off step 15# db 16 reps
repeat
RD #2
elevated lunge 16 reps then 2 sets of 7&1 12# dbs
barbell plie squat 35# barbell (Cathe 30#) 16 reps then 3&1 then low ends
cross back lunges 12# dumbbells 8 alternating then 7&1 then 8 alternating then 7&1
repeat
RD #3
just platform for push dips 12# dbs (Cathe 10# dbs) 16 reps the 7&1 2 times
deadlift 40# barbell 16 reps
alternate side lunge 12# dbs (Cathe 10# dbs) 12 reps
repeat
RD #4
3 risers on step reverse lunge 15# dbs 16 reps (Cathe 12#dbs)
deadlift 40# barbell 3&1 count 16 reps
forward leaning diagonal lunge (Cathe 12#dbs) 15# dbs 20 reps alternating

Hi,

Forgot to post this morning. I walked and did SBF UB + abs.

Diane Sue and Doreen - good job today.

I will be back tomorrow.

This morning I did Shred Cardio and Push Day. I modified a couple of the blasts to be lower impact. My bluetooth headphones must have been having difficulties this morning because Cathe's voice kept cutting out but the music kept playing. I don't remember having that problem before playing the video. Weird! Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone. I'll be on the road a lot for soccer tournament games for my daughter so hoping to get a few good workouts in somewhere along the lines.

Today's workout was Cathe Live Ready Set Step that she did Thursday, 42 minutes, heart rate average 138, max 165, 3,877 steps, met 6.0, 278 calories. This was so much fun. A little more of a learning curve than some, but familiar moves. I then did Cathe live 200, 44 minutes, 282 calories, heart rate average 125, max 155, met 5.8, 1,883 steps. Total time today was 86 minutes, 557 calories burned. The 200 workout was tough, but a fun way to get in some toning along with cardio :)
LIVE 200
4 rounds 200 reps each round which is done 5 times except the 4th which is done 6 times. Each move is done 10 reps. Just 1 or 2 exercises per round uses weights which are 8's and 10's.
Rnd 1
squat digs 10 reps
rear lunge 8# dbs 10 reps
toe in planks 10 reps
fly's with leg out 8# dbs 10 reps
done 5 times
Rnd 2
10 burpees
10 squats with 10# dbs
10 push ups
10 sit ups with feet touching knees open
repeat 5 times
Rnd 3
10 icebreakers
10 squat press 10# dbs
10 soldier planks
10 lying extension pullovers 8# dbs
repeat 5 times
Rnd 4
10 plyo jacks
10 alternating forward lunges
10 sumo side to side squat biceps curls 8# dbs (Cathe picks up 10's on the final 6th round)
10 crab kicks
repeat 6 times

Belinda, nice job on getting your workout in yesterday.

Doreen, maybe there was something around causing interference with your bluetooth headphones. Great workout.

Last edited:
Hi Debbie,

I did a walk and barre today. Tomorrow I will be in DC staying for a week. My nephew is coming tomorrow.

Diane Sue and Doreen - good job today.

I will be back tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.