Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today I have so many things that I need to get done before I leave to pick up grandchildren from school at 2. It took so long yesterday. I need to hit Sprouts as I forgot a couple of things yesterday. I hate when I do that!
I did Cathe Live Advanced Step Choreography again, 50 minutes, 320 calories, heart rate 148 average, 174 max, 4,315 steps. For me this one is pretty easy to follow since I have been doing Cathe Step for years. I like that she gets off the step part of the time. I did go a little less impact for the power moves to be careful. I did not have a problem with it last time though. I am going to have to get some stretching in tomorrow when I don't have to go out. I can tell it has be a few days.

Today I did Sole sculpt + SBF TB barre is done.

Diane Sue - good job today.

Doreen - great job today.

That's it for me today. Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Reactions: WD
Belinda- you were up and at 'em early this morning! Good job.

Nothing yesterday - I shut off my alarm in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep.

Today was a total body workout by Alexia. I did 3 of the 5 circuits for 40 minutes and then added a cool down. Pretty cardio based this morning.

Today I wanted to try a couple of Cathe Live newer workouts that are not up on the Roku channel, so I drug my laptop upstairs. It dropped out every once in awhile and at the end it just quit playing. I think that it may be my hdmi cable. I Would move it around and could get it back and part of the time it was still playing on the laptop, but the sound was gone. The first workout played fine. I did Kick Butt Boot camp, 36 minutes, 197 calories, 1,216 steps, met 5, heart rate average 114, max 169. I then did the Live Supersets workout from August 2, 54 minutes, met 4.0, 238 calories, 1,009 steps. I finished off with Youtube Sarah Beth yoga hip flesor and hamstring slow stretch 19 minutes, 42 calories. Total time was 1 hour 49 minutes, 477 calories.
Kick Butt Boot camp uses a step with 2 risers each side and 8,10,12,15# dumbbells and is an express short workout
5 rnds
rnd 1 run around the step 2 times then power 7 go the other way repeat
10# db over the step squat pulse, 12# db lunge to the side reach center overhead press, push ups 12,10,8 reps
rnd 2 squat thrust jump on step side lunges
biceps curls 12# with sumo squat, dips 24 reps 3 times, leg shooter on step 3 sets 16
rnd 3 mountain climbers on step 2 sets of 32
rear lunge off step lateral raise, 15# dbs deadlift to upright row, chest fly leg extensions on step
rnd 4 swim lunge/pulldowns/touch downs on step
double pulse switch lunge on the floor, 1 arm back fly 12# db 11 and 7 reps, knee ins 8,4,2, alternating using step
rnd 5 off the side of the step jack/plyo/ off the other side jack ending with just plyo
plie jump into overhead triceps extension 10# dbs ending in just triceps, 5# dbs side adduction overhead press, wood chops side, center side

Super Sets Live uses a stability ball during the 2nd half 5's for warm up 10, 12,15's for the weight work 3 sets of each round
BICEPS/TRICEPS 8 curls 15# dbs /8 overhead triceps extensions 12# dbs
CHEST/BACK 10 push ups/ one arm row Cathe holds 10's together I used 25#
LEGS lateral step out 12# dbs 12,16,20 reps/ cross back lunge 12# dbs 12,16,20 reps
SHOULDERS front raise 15# db 12 reps/ Rear fly 12# dbs 12 reps
23 minutes intermission get ball out
BICEPS/TRICEPS Incline curl 12 reps 12dbs 2 sets 15# dbs 1 set/see saw push up 12 reps
CHEST/BACK chest flys 12 reps 12#dbs first set then 15# dbs/ Pullovers 6 reps 15# dbs
LEGS squats 25# dbs 20 reps cathe holds two together for 20# and suggest going heavier/ hamstring roll ins on ball 20 reps
SHOULDERS upright row 12# dbs Cathe uses 15# dbs/ overhead press 12# dbs

I made adjustments on my calories and stuff because Fit Bit was trying to use Map My Fitness for my stats. That can work out okay if it is a cardio workout. Also I don't get the name of the workout in my fitness pal that way. It just says aerobic on it. Funny, after my recent resetting to manufacturer settings on my Samsung Tablet a lot of stuff works differently. I never had my Fit Bit and MFP pick up from MMF before. It was giving me 348 calories for the Super Sets workout. Using weights settings.

Belinda, nice work on SB and the abs and getting in a walk today. You really were early getting started.

Doreen, I wanted to shut off the alarm this morning. I did not sleep much. Nice work on the circuit today.

Kelly Coffey says she should have a date for the two new dvds shipping soon. I am looking forward to them.

Diane Sue - I am too. The premixes she posted look so good!

This morning was a resistance band only workout by Alexia. She said she needs us to have a recovery workout because she has a special challenge planned for tomorrow's challenge Friday. (UH OH) It would be a great travel workout since it just uses bands.

Morning,

walk + TB barre is done.

Diane Sue - DH likes to get a walk in before he goes to work. The weather is perfect for walking.

Doreen - have fun with your special challenge tomorrow.

Have a great day, everyone.

This morning I did Cathe Live Kick Punch Cardio, 352 calories, heart rate average 128, max 169, 4,141 steps, met 5.9, 55 minutes. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Kettle bell Kick box first 18 minutes stopping after the lunge kettle bell chop(wanted a little more workout :) ) heart rate average 131, max 149, met 5.9, 122 calories, 1,078 steps. I finished off with a youtube Sarah Beth yoga post workout cool down, 15 minutes, 33 calories. Total time was 88 minutes, 507 calories.

Doreen, I enjoy a just band workout once in awhile. Yes, the challenge is probably going to be a tough one ;)

Belinda, a walk together in the morning would be nice. Nice job on the barre workout too.

Morning,

JS Concentrated Abs + walk at the river is done.

Diane Sue - great job on your KB live yesterday.

Have a great Friday, everyone.

So today's challenge was called the Filthy Fifty. 5 Circuits of 3 exercises each, 50 reps each! This morning I picked a medium weight for the moves and tried to move as quickly as possible so it was rather met-con feeling instead of heavy weight. Some of the moves: Burpee, curl & press, squat and row, hip thruster, bulgarian split squat pick up put down, plank punches, bicycles, etc.

Today I did Cathe Live Tri-sets legs, 49 minutes, 243 calories, average heart rate 106, max 138, met 4.8, 1,349 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Just Step, 24 minutes, heart rate average 142, max 169, met 6.1, 162 calories, 2,139 steps. Map my fitness gave the step workout 243 calories. I disconnected it from My Fitness Pal so it doesn't take over. Total time 73 minutes, 405 calories.
TRI-SETS Legs 47 minutes, step 3 risers each side, barbell and dumbbells
3 groupings done 3 times each of 3 exercises
Group 1- Plie Squats Cathe used 1 plate each side, I used 31# barbell 16 reps + 4 low ends
elevated lunge 15# db Cathe I used 2 15# dumbbells which is suggested later 16 reps
squat drops 16 reps 15# db
3 times
Group 2- (lower step to two risers)reverse lunge off step I used 15# dbs rnd 1 alternating 8 reps then single leg 4 sets of low end pulses switch legs and 4 sets then other rounds just the 4 low end pulses
wide stance deadlift barbell I used 50# Cathe puts two plates on each side 12 reps
cross back lunge off step 15# db 16 reps
3 times
Group 3- step ups( 3 risers ) cathe uses 15#, 2 10's, 2 12's) I used 15# dbs for all three rounds 16 reps
Dumbbell squats 15# dbs I used 25# dbs 16 reps final round is 24 reps and I lowed to 20# dbs
stiff legged dead lift Cathe two weight plates each side, I used 50# barbell 12 reps, 10 rep,10reps
3 times

Doreen, that sounds like a tough workout.

New #46
This morning I did Cathe Live Cardio Crush Low Impact, 35 minutes, heart rate average 121, max 156, 2,604 steps, met 5.9, 227 calories. I then did Live Circuit Crush, heart rate average 124, max 157, 1,869 steps, met 5.8, 256 calories. Total time spent 75 minutes, calories burned 483. I may do some stretching in the morning, but won't be doing a workout for the next two days for sure.

This morning I did a Yvette Bachman cardio workout at the park. It had a little bit of everything!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Morning,

walked with DH this morning and did TOTAL BODY GIANT SETS premix # 1 (LB)).

Diane Sue - did you sign up for a year on Cathe Live? Great job as usually.

Doreen - great job with your workout at the park.

That's it for me. I will try to be back later.

This morning was a Full Body workout by Alexia Clark. The first two circuits were build as ladder supersets and the next two typical 40/20 circuits. Moves included kettlebell swings, deadlifts, squat jacks, curl and press, renegade rows, pushups, goblet squats. Since it was Monday and I had yesterday as a rest day I tried to go pretty heavy using #45 for swings, 30's for deadlifts, 20 for Curl & Press, 50# for goblet squat, 20# renegade rows.

Also fun find yesterday were two 45# barbells for $30. So now I have regular barbells for stuff instead of just a curl bar and a short bar (like Cathe uses).

This morning was Leg Day! Circuit one was 100 reps of hip thrusters. 4 rounds of 10-12 increasing weight each round and then the last round was light weight and rep it out to 100 from however many reps done in the first four. I got to test out my new barbell. It works so much better that my short bar or my curl bar. For one the barbell pad actually fits!

Then I did two other circuits that had the typical stuff, squats, lunges, etc and then some mini band glute work and cardio work.

I didn't post yesterday. No workout yesterday. I had a colonoscopy then my daughter bought me breakfast at Panera, took me shopping and bought me a cute dress and sweater in pale pink with black specks in it and a black t shirt, then took me to Chili's for lunch. This was a great birthday after all :) They gave me a couple of birthday cookies after the colonoscopy and thought it was funny that I scheduled it on my birthday. It wasn't intentional though, I forgot it was my birthday when I did it.
My husband sent me some beautiful purple rose and flower bouquet in a purple vase. :)

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Fitness Test workout, 38 minutes, heart rate 111 average, 144 max, 201 calories, met 4.8, 1,215 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Bands and Barre, 35 minutes, heart rate average 111 , max 147, met 4.0 154 calories, 1,163 steps. I used 3# ankle weights and for the upper I used the Cathe heavy tubing and sometimes the addition of 8# dumbbells with the tubing. Total time was 73 minutes, calories burned 355.
Coffey Fit Raw test (34 actual minutes, but I paused a couple of times to write down the first round)
I used 15# dumbbells for this since it is the first time. You are supposed to try it once a month to access your fitness gains and try to get more reps in or add more weight. Step or bench, tubing or dumbbells
30 seconds each exercise Kelly says 3 rounds but adds an extra round at the end for 4 rounds.
bench press 15# dumbbells 32,33, 25, 32, reps
push up 19,23,28,22 reps
dumbbell squats 15# dbs 19,22,23,21 reps
prisoner squats 30,32,32,32 reps
shoulder press alternating 15# dbs 24,18,18,24 reps
pike push up 18,18,19,16 reps
curls 15# dbs 14, 15,15,14 reps
pulse curl with one db or tubing 15# db 24,37,36,34 reps
sit ups 14,13,13,14 reps
hands under small of the back head up scissors 48, 50,52,54 reps

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.