Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda, those workouts look a lot more active than I would have thought when thinking of barre workouts being involved. They cost a lot for 5 workouts.

Today I did Kelly's Build and Burn Upper Body Super sets, 32 minutes (actual 26:20 minutes) , heart rate average 103, max 147, 124 calories. I then did Build and Burn Trim and Tone, 24 minutes, heart rate average 131, max 151, 156 calories. 280 total calories, 56 minutes.
I too really liked the Upper Body Super sets. Kelly came up with some new moves which was nice. This was much tougher than I expected and I found myself lowering the weights quickly. I think there is a reason Kelly starts light :) Trim and Tone uses 8# dumbbells throughout and is upper body weight work with more focused cardio that is not real extreme. 8# was plenty for the moves and she does have some places where you add a bit of a lower move in while doing the upper segment.
Upper Body Super Sets weights
8 reps 3 sets of each superset
shoulders
reverse grip press 15# dbs, 10 dbs, 10 dbs (I quickly dropped weight here)
lateral raise and extend 10 dbs, 10,10
biceps
pulse curls 15 dbs,12,12
pledges 12 dbs,12,12
triceps
seated overhead extension 20, 20,20 (next time I will go heavier)
Tate press 15 dbs, 15, 15
chest
reverse grip bench press 17.5 's,17.5, 15's
connected dumbbell press 17.5's 17.5's 17.5's
back
seated rows 17.5's, 17.5's, 17.5's (this is single/ double arm count as 1 rep)
standing cross row 17.5 #, 17.5, 17.5
burn out light dumbbells 8#

Well, the video clip does not look like anything different. It is hard to tell till I do the workout. Sometimes clips are deceiving plus you are not seeing all of the workout.

This morning I did Cycle Max from LIS. I liked the ride but I was clock watching a lot.

I got Build and Burn in the mail today so pretty sure I'll be trying those out tomorrow.

I saw the first clip up. Underwhelming somehow.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

this morning I did Upper Body Supersets. Diane Sue- your weights were impressive on that workout! I think I will go heavier next time. I actually did the entire workout and then skipped the stretch and went back and did the premix with 2 supersets skipping the warm up the second time. I did this because I had gone too light the entire first time through. That took me about 45 minutes which is actually about perfect.

Roughly what I used:
Shoulders- 8s (felt just right)
Bi's - 8s the first time, bumped up to 12s
Tris - 12s the first time, bumped up to 15s
Chest - 15s the first time, bumped up to 20s.
Back- 15s the first time, bumped up to 20s.
Burn out - 5s the first time, when to 8s the second time. Need to go to 10s or 12s.

I like that almost every exercise is something a little different. I've never done Tate presses or reverse grip bench in any other workout. The pace is such that I feel I can really work to go heavier on these moves... maybe not shoulders- I can never seem to go super heavy on shoulders.

Good morning,

SBF D16 Intermediate Mat + JS D24 Cardio Step Jam is done.

Doreen - I was going to ask you the other day? Why are you selling STS? Do don't like it? Good job on your weights. Very impressive! I sent you a pm the other day. Did you see it?

Diane Sue - I agree your weights are impressive, girl!

That's it for me today. Have a wonderful day and workout everyone.

Belinda-I like Sts but I haven't done it in a while mostly because the workouts are too long. That's why I would like to sell. I don't see myself returning to it even though I have tried a couple times.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Build and Burn kettle bell kick box fusion, 25 minutes, 149 average, 167 max heart rate, 163 calories, 1,726 steps. I added on the kick box only premix, 16 minutes, heart rate average 135, max 174, 100 calories, 1,307 steps. Total time was 41 minutes, 263 calories. My grandchildren stayed the night since it was their parents anniversary. I worked out downstairs while they were still asleep.

Doreen, I might try the burn outs a bit heavier next time, but after pushing most of the other stuff and unsure if there was going to be a bit of surprise on the difficulty, I stuck with 8's. They still got a good burn in there though. The STS workouts are long. Maybe you could figure out a way to shorten them. Skip a set or some of the moves. After a few times of doing it in it's entirety, I just started doing shorter rotations of it. I understand doing a premix add on to go a bit heavier after trying it. I thought I could go heavier and dropped back. I didn't want to injure my shoulders or something and the impact of the moves was pleasantly unexpected. I enjoyed it and will do a better job on choosing the weights next time.

Belinda, nice work today. Is that Cardio Step Jam from the same new set of Jessica Smith?

Today was my day to do Kickbox and Kettlebell Fusion. I did the same thing you did Diane Sue and ran through the workout, then popped back to the menu and did the Kickbox Only preview.

I've thought about how to shorten STS but I think its a bigger issue with me not being able to follow a rotation recently!

Hi everyone,

I did my workouts this morning. I did SBF D17 Total Body Barre-30 + Stretch-20 + JS WS3 D25 Barre Sculpt and STS Legs D20.

Have you seen the new Cathe Low Impact clip? I am waiting for the other clips before I cancel.

Diane Sue - yes,it is from JS WS3, the step isn't complicated. Good job yesterday.

Doreen - for me, STS is perfect. Most STS workouts around 50-65 min which wouldn't work for most people busy schedule.

Nice job on your workouts, everyone. I have to run. BBL!

Last edited:
Today I started with Build and Burn cardio core, 28 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 155, 185 calories, 2,052 steps. I then did Build and Burn Lower Body Tabatas, 28 minutes, 145 calories, average heart rate 118, max 154, 1,140 steps. Total time 56 minutes, 330 calories total.
weights for lower tabata 4 rounds each exercise timed
I upped most of the weights this time
banded side steps blue firewalker band 4 sets
kickstand deadlifts 20# dbs 4 sets
squat variations 25# dbs 4 sets
side lunge into knee pull body weight 4 sets
front and back lunges 20# dbs 4 sets
split stance plyo pops 4 sets no weight
plie variations 45# dumbbell goblet position 4 sets
wide stance deadlift and squat up 20# dbs 4 sets
bridges 25# dumbbell used on hips 4 sets then repeat 4 sets with pulses

Doreen, I sometimes have too many days where I have to shorten workouts and lately it has been harder to do a rotation that is long workouts. I wish I had more time though:)

Belinda, I think that I did do a JS step workout on youtube and it was pretty easy to follow.

Good morning,

I did JS D26 Yoga Stretch = 30 min + Strength + SBF D18 UB Core 2 = 30 min. That's it for me today.

So far, I am not seeing anything new with Cathe's Spit Fit workouts? Unless, I am missing something? Looks like the same moves, with lots of high impact. Nothing I haven't seen in her other dvd's as far as I can tell.

Diane Sue - JS workouts are easy to follow, which I like. They sneak up on you and you get a high step count. WTG, on your weights yesterday.

Good job, everyone. Keep up the good work. BBL

I also did Build & Burn lower body tabata this morning. But I didn't go heavy enough. I have notes to up my weight next time. Good idea Diane Sue to use a band on the side lunges.

Belinda- I only see a few differences in the new workouts... but I still feel excited to try them. I like how she shows modifications on the cardio slam.

Doreen - I don't see a lot of difference in these than her other workouts except a lot of high impact moves. I have mixed feeling about these. If I don't get them, I feel like I am missing out on something. If I keep my preorder and don't like them, like the Fit Tower dvd's. I am gonna kick myself in the #@$$ for buying them. I do like the blue risers. Like I said, I am waiting for the rest of the clips :( I am getting to old for those mountain climbers. I am also afraid of my back doing those moves. I haven't had any back problems (slipped disc) in a long time, I would like to keep it that way.Good job today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.