Lifting like girls

Now THAT was a Superbowl!! Wow, the "Heart Attack" Chiefs pull it out... amazing!! (ps, SHAKIRA and Jlo were pretty good too)!!
Tom, agreed! Yay Chiefs! During the last 2 minutes, I thought "oh no, Tom must be stressing and cussing at the TV right now!" But they pulled out a win for you! Yep, loved the halftime show. J Lo seriously amazes me. She never ages! Same with Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune lol.

Easing my way back into a new normal with workouts. Did a Sydney Cummings YouTube metabolic type workout today.

Start out your weeks with style, everyone!

Good morning friends!! Well, I've been doing PT and some home stuff, but decided to do a little more today. Still, bwt Foo Foo, but sets of 30 of crunches, bicep isos, tri isos, pec isos, glute squeezes, quad squeezes, calf raises and bwt squats. Man, I really feel like my hard earned gains are evaporating but it did feel good just to work the areas!!! Hope you guys are doing great!!;

Last edited:
Well, I have decided to start my workout adventure with "Ripped With Hiit." Evidently, it's been a very long time since I have had a decent workout. I'm so sore, I can hardly move. So goes the battle. It has been very cold here this week. Saturday and Sunday the temperature was in the 50's, Monday we woke up to two feet of snow, and winds that blew it everywhere, the temperature was in the teens. The highest temperature has been 25. Just waiting for Summer here.
So, I am into Tunisian crochet, and I decided to make a temperature scarf. Was going to make a blanket, but think I will start with a scarf. I didn't know what a temperature blanket was, until I saw one on the internet. So, I'm giving it a go, and so happy I started with a scarf. So, I broke the temperatures into 5 degree increments, and chose a color of yarn for every 5 degrees. So everyday or at least every few days is a different color. Three hundred and sixty-five rows is going to be a very long scarf, but so far, it's interesting. May post a picture later, when I get a few more rows.
Tom, hope you are healing nicely, and minimal pain. Lisa, hope the kiddos are behaving, and you are getting some sleep. That's about it for me, right now. Talk later.

Karen, that scarf sounds intricate! Would love to see a pic when done. At first I thought you meant temp like Celsius or Fahrenheit lol but now I understand, thanks to your explanation. Wow, you're just jumping straight into the fire doing RWH. You're brave! Your weather sounds worse than up here but still pretty close. Instead of waiting for summer let's just move to the beach! Sleeping as much as possible with a newborn, and the other kids are having a pretty good week so far which is rare these days!!!

Karen, that scarf sounds intricate! Would love to see a pic when done. At first I thought you meant temp like Celsius or Fahrenheit lol but now I understand, thanks to your explanation. Wow, you're just jumping straight into the fire doing RWH. You're brave! Your weather sounds worse than up here but still pretty close. Instead of waiting for summer let's just move to the beach! Sleeping as much as possible with a newborn, and the other kids are having a pretty good week so far which is rare these days!!!
I am using a Fahrenheit thermometer, and have broken the thermometer into 5 degree increments, with an assigned color to every 5 degrees. So, if it's 35 degrees, and I have assigned dove grey to 35-40 degrees, then I crochet the dove grey into the scarf. If it's 55 degrees, and I have assigned pale yellow to 50-55 degrees, then I crochet with pale yellow. If it was 52 degrees I would also use the pale yellow. It's interesting, and kinda fun. Can't wait to see the scarf that is created at the end of the year.

I am using a Fahrenheit thermometer, and have broken the thermometer into 5 degree increments, with an assigned color to every 5 degrees. So, if it's 35 degrees, and I have assigned dove grey to 35-40 degrees, then I crochet the dove grey into the scarf. If it's 55 degrees, and I have assigned pale yellow to 50-55 degrees, then I crochet with pale yellow. If it was 52 degrees I would also use the pale yellow. It's interesting, and kinda fun. Can't wait to see the scarf that is created at the end of the year.
Ohhhhhhh (nodding my head with understanding), thanks for teaching me!

Another P T session today, Bunches of calf raises, 50 bwt squats ( 1set and no pain) and lotsa other drills along with arm and chest iso stuff prior to PT in sets of 50. This thing is starting to feel really good, I walk better than before!! I feel like I could go back to work but my Nazi caretakers (DW and orthopedic doc) won't let that happen!! Good thing brighter people than me are in charge lol!!
Hope y'all are well, not freezing, sleeping, quilting and enjoying life!!!

Tom, you're on a roll! All this stuff seems to be working for you and it makes my tired self leap for joy that you are feeling good. This is so great!!!

Yesterday was cardio and today was glutes. Just trying to get the job done as best I can. We've been having another blast of Winter, it needs to stopppppppppp! Have a great weekend my friends. Appreciate you both.

Folks, I found some 3.3# dumbbells under my bed and off I went!! Tons of side laterals into front raises, shoulder presses sets of 25-40 and then conc curls with both in 1 hand for a set of 100...yep, I was cramping both on shoulders and bis.. LOVED IT!!! Then did some pushups and 100 crunches. This hip is really feeling good and containing myself is getting harder!! I see the Doc the 17th and will plead my case!!
Have a terrific weekend ladies, off to watch KU basketball.

More "heavy" DB work:confused:! Today was sets of 100... triceps extensions (6.5) and flys( squeezing each rep), calf raises, then 4x25 bwt squats, hip flexor raises x40x30x20x10 and standing hammie curls 2x50. Light and long but believe it or not, my bis and shoulders are actually sore from yesterday's work!!
Hope you both are well and having a great Sunday!!

Light and long but believe it or not, my bis and shoulders are actually sore from yesterday's work!!
Oh, I believe it! Endless reps with lighter weights can give deadly DOMS. Keep up your gusto, Tom! I did back, tris, shoulders yesterday and took a walk today. Trying also to make time for deep stretching about 3x/week. It feels great when I actually make it happen! Have a great end of the weekend!

Something new for me...1400 reps!!! Now granted, not heavy reps but 1400?? It was 100 reps of crunches, Bridges, seated hip flexor raises, calf raises, standing hammie curls, pushups, standing knee raises, conc curls, triceps extensions, chest isos, side laterals, front raises and DB presses. I was fried believe it or not!! The only body part not hit was lats...gonna try to figure that one out... may have a door jam pull-up bar downstairs somewhere... will see!
Hope y'all are well!!

Hey all! Yesterday was a busy day, running errands. I managed a quick workout. A You Tube bike workout. Felt good, and got the job done. Today I think is a bodyweight day. Last week I tried Ripped with Hiit. I was sore for days. It's very cold here, sun is shining, but very cold. It's been a cold February so far, colder than January, and that is unusual. I look out my living room window yesterday morning, and there's a whole crew digging up my lawn. Evidently I received something on my entry door a couple of weeks ago, and didn't pay it no never mind, so to speak, and this morning there they were. Evidently it's some kind of wiz bang super secret fiber. Who Knows?!
A year or so ago, I started watching Orange is the New Black, stopped watching,, and can't remember why. I really liked it. I may need to start again.
Take care!

Karen, I wish I liked riding my spinning bike more than I do. Do you and your DH still ride bikes outside together? Lol on your surprise front yard guests yesterday! That would have freaked me out, but not as much as the raccoon that was inhabiting Tom's workout basement a couple months ago (worth going back to read about!). Agreed that our weather in this area has been completely wonky this year. You always seem to get colder temps than we do though. Time to buy that winter home in FL...

Tom, great work with your PT! You seem so dedicated! The doctor is definitely going to give you brownie points for good behavior next time you have an appt.

Can't remember what I reported last in terms of workouts. Nothing exciting, just staying consistent, not killing myself but keeping going. A touch of cardio yesterday and Chest and Triceps today. Have a great Thursday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.