Lifting like girls

Well, yesterday was a no go, it was leg day and I knew it wasn't gonna work! When I left work yesterday it took 3x as long to walk out as normal with numerous people asking if I was alright...even the permanent residents! I was miserable, guess the new hip is coming sooner than I wanted. Today was shoulders. Starting with seated BB militaries 95x10 115x8 95x12, then DB shoulder press 50s x11 10 8, side laterals 30s 3x10, rear delt flys 40s 3x15, oly plate front raises 45 3x15. I was going to do some bench and started with 95x10 for what I thought would be a warm up but I guess shoulder day should NOT be bench day because it felt way heavier than 95! I finished with some ab work, cable crunches 3x25. Gotta figure out a way to work lower body...ideas appreciated! I have an old soloflex with the leg extension but it takes up more room when its on and I hate to do it but if my rubber attachments are ok (big if) I might be able to get some leg stuff in! All for me..."ole cripple" out!

Leg day #2 of the week for me today. What was I thinking???

Tom, that hip sounds so painful! How long has it been this debilitating? You going to need a replacement? The injection seemed to help but I guess you want something more permanent? Good thing you've got a knowledgeable DS med doctor. Still sorry you have to deal with it. Seriously admire how you keep at it, no matter what.

Karen you doing ok?

Have a restful evening, friends

Typical arm day, 20 sets,
Skullcrushers (45s) 4x10/ alt DB curls 4x10 (45s)
Pushdowns 3x10/ ez bar curls (85) 3x10
Kickbacks (35s) 2x15/ hammer curls (35s) 2 sets
DB 21s (25s)/ tri pushups x15 . Glad it's Friday friends...enjoy the weekend!!

Hodge podge, trying to get some lower body work, so today I did 5 sets of 1leg calf raises, then a squat hold for 60 sec 45 sec and 30 sec....never did these before, just sort of made them up to try to take movement out if the equation. Then I did an embarrassing thing, 3 sets of donkey kicks ( on all fours and kick leg up and back?) I could do these and trying to find a way to work thutt and hammies! Also supersetted light bench x8 and pullups x8 ( 3sets). Not sure how long I can put this replacement off, but going on vacay next week and don't think hiking will be in the agenda!! Have a great weekend friends

Then I did an embarrassing thing, 3 sets of donkey kicks ( on all fours and kick leg up and back?) I could do these and trying to find a way to work thutt and hammies!

No place for embarrassment in this thread, Tom! My understanding is that floor moves like donkey kicks, fire hydrants, leg lifts, clams, etc are prescribed by PTs after surgery and for rehab generally, so you're working out smart! Glad you've got another vacation coming!

I did upper body today. Really fried my tris. Karen, my super gifted gardening neighbor brought me over zucchini and tomatoes yesterday. Yum! Made me think of you.

Be well, all. Be back Monday

Tom! So sorry to hear about your wonky hip! I knew you were having issues, but seems to have gone super wonky quickly. So sorry to hear this! Can you do hip thrusts? Bret Contreras says hip thrusts are the best hip and butt workout ever. Butt lifts in a stability ball or floor are good. Hope this kinda, sorta helps. Today was an upper body heavy lift, and lawn mowing. Oh! Another good one, Tom. Stability ball roll-ins. Heels on a stability ball, lift your butt, and roll stability ball towards your butt. Fries your thutt!
I’m in the middle of a big tomato and pepper run, and I also have a ton of grapes this year.
That’s about it! Until tomorrow.

Karen, gonna try some of those...thanks! Today was 13 sets bench and 4 sets tris. I used the small block and up to a single at 225. I thought it was 215 and was disappointed it felt so heavy until I realized I had put on 2 10# plates after 205 instead of 5s! Today was sets up to 185x3 205x3 225 x1 205x3 185 x5 5 5 and 145 12 10 8, finishing with 2 sets of skullcrushers and pushdowns. Tomorrow will be back and then Wednesday and Thursday we will see. We leave on vacay Thursday nite, on the Amtrak to San Fran and back to the Northwest for about 10 days so I guess probably no lifting...sigh!!

Cardio today. Legs were screaming after yesterday so it was a challenge!

Karen, love those hammie stability ball roll ins! Tom, those are going to burn you!

Everyone is living their best life, it sounds! Tom, lots of traveling does ruin the workout routine but you are going to some great locations! Have fun! Karen, hope you're not drowning in fruits and vegs! Our neighbors across the street are planting a legit vineyard in their backyard for wine grapes! I'm not gonna lie that I will be on their doorstep begging for samples!!! :)

Shoulders today.....sort of. Everything light. Seated BB military press 95 x12 10 8, 3x12 side laterals 3x15 rear delt flys and 3x12 Oly plate front raises...that was it! Motivation lacking, getting up and down the stairs becoming an issue. Have good uns friends!!

Arm day and it's a good thing because I would struggle to do anything else! Friend , it's getting bad, really struggle to walk and even sleeping last night was rough. We are leaving in vacay tonight and I'm concerned about what I'll be able to do. This s$&! really accelerated quickly. Anyway, 22 sets today, 5 sets light close grip bench, 3 sets skullcrushers, 2 sets 1 arm kickbacks and a set by of tri pushups. Bis were 4 sets alt DB curls, 4 sets hammer curls, 2 sets conc curls and 1set DB 21s. I won't be lifting for about 12 days but will be living vicariously through y'all!!

Friend , it's getting bad, really struggle to walk and even sleeping last night was rough. We are leaving in vacay tonight and I'm concerned about what I'll be able to do. This s$&! really accelerated quickly.

Wish I could hit a "dislike" button for this. Not that it takes the pain away, but know that you've got 2 iron sisters here who care. Hoping you can get some relief very soon.

Upper body yesterday from a new to me YouTuber, Tracy Steen. It was tough. Legs today, also tough.

Meet the Teacher/Back to School Night tonight for DD1. I think it's going to be a mommy/daughter adventure and then I'll take her to dinner afterwards.

Leg day on a Monday.

Tom, it's my time to go see one of your "people" today at my 6 month dental check up. At least I won't be behind bars whole doing it, lol. Hope your hip is behaving and that your travels are enjoyable.

Waves to you Karen. Hope you're rocking it (I'm sure you are).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.