Lifting like girls

Abusive shoulder day and it felt good! 26 sets, 8 sets of presses and today was seated BB militaries. 7 sets of these up to 125x5 135x2 115x6 and 95x11. 1x14 db presses(45s) then 5 long sets of side laterals, rear delt flys and oly plate front raises ( most reps on all these accessories were 12-15) and finished with db shrugs x25 18 15 (90s). The 125 and 135 may be about the heaviest I've done on the seated BB presses so pretty happy "bout dat"!
Have fun friends, it's part of what life is about!!

It's Monday, how is everyone? My DH went to a rock concert last night, and I was not really able to sleep until he got home (worry wart) so we are both dragging.... Managed some cardio this morning. Not my greatest workout performance, but hey I showed up! Be well!

Good for the show Lisa!! Today was back and bis, chins x12 9 7, db pullovers ( added 10#) 3x8, lat pulldowns 3x12, db curls 2x8 (simultaneously) 1x12 (alternate) and 1 set of decline curls. I was about 185 today, not sure why, but my weight has been coming down...hopefully not a bad sign! Hope all are well!!

Oh. I forgot, yesterday was a quickie leg and ab day. 3 sets of light leg press, 3x25 bwt squats, 2x8 rev lunges and 3x25 cable crunches and a 2 min plank doing 10 sec lifting right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg, then right arm and left leg, then the reverse arm and leg and finished with staying in plank position for another minute. Like Lisa, I showed!!!

Not sure what's going on but today's chest and tris was a terrible day! Started off great, shoulders were really loose and all sets were to chest, but no strength! Short sets at 135 155 175 a single at 195 then an epic fail at 205 and I used a small BLOCK on the bar!! I dropped to 175 and just bailed on it, WTF! Finished with 135x10 and that was more effort than it should have been. On the fail at 205, my safety in the right was too far away and didn't catch it. I was about 80% up but just couldn't lock it and down it came...,really disappointing day! I finished with 3x10 pushdowns and said "f#%k it" and went upstairs. To add to this, my basement "spring" is wet EVERY morning!!!! NOT A GOOD DAY and now I'm off to work and pray I don't kill some "innocent" felon!! Hope y'all start better "n" me!!

Damn, Tom. I'm sorry. I gasped out loud when I read your text because I was afraid you were going to say you got hurt! (My 4 year old DD heard me and asked what was wrong. Told her I was worried about a friend.) Hope your day improves somewhat. Sometimes things just suck a$$ unfortunately.

Today was a total body weight workout. I felt good doing it but was one of those days when I was glad when it was over! Going to emotionally drink now...some coffee, lol. It's a warm hug on a gloomy rainy summer day over here

Leg day survivor, that's what I am lol! Anyway, 3 sets of leg press rev lunges gob squats and db calf raises, a set of kb swings and 3 sets of light bench..,to chest, as punishment for yesterday's disaster. Lisa, thank you so much for the empathy!! Gotta admit it looked like an episode of Benny Hill ( what am I thinking, you're WAY too young to remember that show). I appreciate the concern for sure!! I think my "emotional drinking" needed to be a tad harder!
Enjoy hump day friends!

Hey all! Looks like you’re having my kind of day or week. Got a couple of good workouts Saturday and Monday. But today? Not so much. Haven’t slept very well, so I’m tired, and today’s workout was a big zero. Kinda walked my way through it, and was glad when it was all over. It’s been very hot here, maybe that has something to do with it. Last Winter I promised I wouldn’t complain about the heat, so I won’t. Let’s hope for a better day tomorrow.

Boulders today....I wish! 24 sets. 8 sets of db press, up to 60s x8 6 then 50s x12 10 8, then 4 sets of side laterals, rear delt flys, oly plate front raises and db shrugs. I felt worked and that's good! Wish those pups would grow!!
I'm so old I have to start pulling IRA money out so off to the bank I guess for my first withdrawal. Do it right my friends!!

Karen, thinking about the snow shuts me up real good when I'm feeling tempted to complain about the heat, lol. Hope you're feeling more pep in your step today. If not just kick back with an iced something or other. It's all good.

Tom, IRA withdrawals? You're too young for that, but I guess this means you'll be rolling in the dough, lol. $$$ I have no doubt that your shoulders look like boulders. Believe it bro!

Total body weights today. Preschool registration for DD2 also on the agenda, as well as a trip to Starbucks for 50% off frappuccinos today. It's how we roll around here. Have a great one!

Ohhhh! I wonder if fraps are half off here. I definitely roll that way!?!?!?
Hopefully so! Starbucks Happy Hour after 3pm using the Starbucks app, or a barrista can probably take care of you in store. I remember when Starbucks opened up near University Mall during my collegiate pre-coffee days. I used to love the coffee free frappes--as close to the real thing as I could get. Now I get them "fully loaded," YES!!! And they're so much better with the real stuff in 'em, as I'm sure you agree. :)

Certainly went out of my comfort zone today. A friend at work has been doing cross fit for about 6 months so I tried her Friday w/o....bout died! Not really , but it was hard! It called for 30 clean and jerk and 30 hanging knee raises and some rowing. I don't have a rower, but finished with lots of other stuff. I think she used 55 or 65 for the c@jerk, and I was going to use 95, but decided to start with 65 to see how it goes....slacked myself in the chin 3td rep! I decided that since I can't get my hands straight up anyway I would stay there. Most my reps were pretty much push presses or strict press, but even though it wasn't heavy, it was hard because it was foreign. Pretty sure it was harder for me than her lol!! I did the knee raises then dis some short c and j with 95, 3x12 hang cleans (95). Then I got brave and ventured into the lower back world and did 3x5 light deads at 205. I have had so many low back issues I haven't done these in awhile. I finished with 4x25 cable crunches and pushups 2x25 2x15 2x10...took about 80 min. Different is ok I guess...variety is the "spice of life"!!

Certainly went out of my comfort zone today. A friend at work has been doing cross fit for about 6 months so I tried her Friday w/o....bout died

OMG Tom so proud of you!!! Sounds like you rocked it! There's a learning curve with Cross Fit (so I've heard) but you jumped in there and crushed it like a champion!!! And it involves cardio, too! You are a changed man!

I, on the other hand, played it safe in my workout room with my Power Blocks lol.

This morning was a 20 min bwt circuit.
20 bwt squats/ 5 chinups/20 calf raises/5 chinups and did the circuit 5x. Ended up 100 squats 100 calf raises and 50 chinups. I was 185 this morning, have laid off twizzlers etc and when I get off the junk the weight falls off. I was in the mid 190s, but I have gotten chunky and hate the "mid body adipose"! Thinking about cutting to the 170s, but I don't know, not fond of the "scarecrow look"., but not crazy bout spare tires either! Enjoy your Sundays friends!

Wow Tom! Clean & jerks just kick my arse. Good for you. One of my daughters does CrossFit, and she is very fit. Julia has been posting 30 minute workouts for the Summer. Perfect for me, I don’t have the time in the Summer. It’s also too hot to torture myself for an hour.
I did get a Frap, Lisa. It just hit the spot. Today will be another half hour workout. Throw me a rope, I’m off to haggle with an insurance company. They just can’t seem to get it right. See you tomorrow!

Tom, I kind of hate that all you have to do is give up Twizzlers to drop the pounds. Not fair! But I'm glad for you that you can go for whatever look you want! Are you still intermittent fasting? Or maybe that was just your DH?

Karen, nothing worse than insurance companies. They bring out the angry lawyer in me. I hope you get the issue resolved. This calls for another frappe for self medication! I'm not sure why Julia is not coming through my YouTube feed anymore but 30 mins sounds great. Besides 30 mins with Julia is like 90 mins with most other trainers!!!

Cardio today. Nothing exciting, just taking care of business. Had to buy a new treadmill this weekend, old one bit the dust. I have a treadmill for sanity, I like to watch my TV shows or YouTube or whatever and take walks after my DH comes home in the evenings. Even just 20 mins. It's my quiet time, no kids allowed, so I must have a working treadmill for mental health!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.