Lifting like girls

Today I did HiiT Cardio.

Karen, Fix Or Repair Daily, funny and true!!! Being a 20 year old car doesn't help any either. I hope you figure it out. So weird about the traditional Biceps curls and your wrists. Do you think forearm recruitment is what makes hammer curls doable? What about W curls? Do those hurt? Pain sucks. I'm sorry. I also think you're a genius for gifting your DH a delicious steak supply for Father's Day. Now you can say "Hon, why don't you go grill up and enjoy your present? And since you'll already be out there you can throw on a steak for me, too!" Brilliant!

Tom, we're car twins! I drive an Odyssey and my DH drives an Accord! I think when the Accord does, which is probably 8 years away lol, we'll get a Honda Ridgeline truck. Congrats on getting leg day done!

Hope you both have a great weekend!

Shoulder day, nothing heavy..,well it FELT heavy! Standing BB pressx8-10 at 45 65 85 105 85, then 3x15 side laterals, rear delt flys and oly plate front raise.
Its been 15 years since I was diagnosed with polymyositis and I have been pretty consistent training wise. I feel blessed to do this, blessed to have y'all sharing with me and inspiring me!! Today I turned 70 and I am sure my life is better for my frequent "body demolitions"!! Thanks friends for helping me to keep doing something....thankful "fer ya"!!

Happy Birthday Tom!! Age is just a number. You’re still getting it done, and making it work for you.
I think my wrist problem is arthritis. Today will be an upper body something. Demolished my legs on Thursday, so that’s about it. Can’t wait to grill up a steak!

Leg day....CHECK! Ok, not epic but leg day ALWAYS FEELS epic. I started with BB bench squats, just 135 but evidently BB squats are just not going to be in the picture for me. Back, hips and knees said nope so I stopped at 5 and went to leg press 4x8 gob squats 2x12 rev lunges 2x8 db straight leg deads 2x10 1x20 kb swings and 4 sets of db calf raises. I also did 3 sets of cable crunches and a set of bench crunches to finish.
A good friend died on my birthday and I am a pallbearer in his funeral this morning, always sad to lose a friend, but for family members it is probably even more painful.
Hope you both have a great 4th!!

Tom, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I hope the funeral was a way for all to remember the good times with your friend.

Well done with leg day and for listening to your body when the BB squats weren't feeling right. Better safe than injured.

I did total body weights today. I have been doing about 3 to 4 total body weight routines weekly of late and it's been feeling good, a nice change. I'll probably go back to LB and UB splits eventually but I've enjoyed working each body part hard, but briefly, multiple times per week.

Probably won't be writing any messages until after the 4th. I hope you both have a safe and happy holiday.

Tom, so sorry to hear about your friend. As Lisa stated, remember the good times. Your leg day looks awesome to me. Good work with the total body workouts, Lisa. I’ve been thinking about splitting upper and lower. Today was a Julia day. Another “harder than it looked on paper, “ workout. Lots of butt kicking cardio. I’m kicking back until after the 4th. So see you then. Have a great holiday. I’m going to need to give my dogs something to relax them, with all the fireworks noise. I just thought about that. Aarrgghh!

I did hit shoulders today, 20 sets and I really had a pretty good day. Starting with seated BB shoulder press and I got up to 115x8 125x5 115x8 and 100x9, db press 55sx9 45sx10, side laterals x15 12 10, rear delt flys x15 12 10, oly plate front raise x15 12 10 and db shrugs x24 20 16. Today was the heaviest BB press I have done in awhile, so I will take it!! Have a "firecracker fourth" friends!

Arms today, got 12 sets in but when I did bent over kickbacks, my back said " youre done son" and so I was! Hopefully it's a short term thing. We will see. Today was 3 sets of skullcrushers db curls pushdowns and hammer curls, all the db stuff was 45s. Enjoy the weekend ladies!

Since my latest back issue I decided to do a deload week.....wish me luck!! , First day ok! Today was chest and tris, 6 light sets flat and 2 sets incline bench. No block today, shoulders were really loose so I went with it and many reps were paused even!! 45x8 135x6 155x3 175x3 185x2 155x6, then 2x8 135 inclines. Tris were 2x8 skullcrushers and pushdowns.
Hope y'all survived the weekend, old guy out!

Tom, is the back pain hanging around? I was hoping it would shake out after a day. At least you're able to deload, just be careful my friend! Hope your 4th was memorable.

Total body weights today. I have this problem when hoisting my Power blocks around, where I always bang my left knee with the weights! In the same spot on my knee, every time! WTH? You'd think I would learn my lesson, but no, got it real good this AM! Ugh. Thanks for the free whining session, lol

Karen, hope you are well and that you enjoyed your 4th also. Have a great-ish Monday! ;)

Total body weights, went heavier than normal. I got a good reminder today to focus on my RDL form. Gotta focus hard to feel it in the glutes/hams, instead of the lower back!

Have a great Wednesday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.