Lifting like girls

Happy Tuesday everyone! Back day, 6x10 lat pulldowns, 3x12 dumbbell pullovers, 2x10 and 1x12 dumbbell rows. 2 sets of strict press x10 x8 and 1 x17 dumbbell curls ( I know, kinda haphazard) I didn't do any deads, minor low back stiffness so will wait till Sat and combine with core stuff. Lib, glad you are feeling better! Have a great Tuesday all!!

Good morning! Yesterday, I wanted to work upper body, but not the usual upper body. So I spent an hour doing nothing but Pull-ups, with various hand positions, and push-ups, varying my hands, and feet. It was a good upper body workout, and when I was done, I was done. I'm resting today. Tomorrow will be legs, and butt. Talk later. Have a good one!

I feel I can legitimately post here today- I did Cathe's 30/30 hiit. Chosen as the easiest of her 3 hiit workouts on that dvd because I haven't done any serious cardio for several weeks (sh, don't tell Lisa). I'll try to do another tomorrow. I then did my deload workout, and then mark Lauren's mobility Rx.

Karen, you're mad, girl!

I feel I can legitimately post here today- I did Cathe's 30/30 hiit. Chosen as the easiest of her 3 hiit workouts on that dvd because I haven't done any serious cardio for several weeks (sh, don't tell Lisa). I'll try to do another tomorrow. I then did my deload workout, and then mark Lauren's mobility Rx.

Karen, you're mad, girl!

Justine, I'm definitely telling Lisa.

I dunno what today was...ADD on roids maybe...just dunno! I couldn't face heavy squats and thought I would rest a day (leg day, what a coincidence), but did make it down and the craziness began. First were crunches, then single and double calf raises, 3 sets of gob squats. single leg hip thrust.single leg bench squats,(evidently using 2 legs is far to complicated) wrist curls (where did that come from??), dumbbell bench (on leg day?) and cable crunches. This may be the early signs of "dumbbell dementia"! At least I did do something and my "thutt" is dragging, so mission accomplished!I am actually working everyday but Friday this week due to a shortage of dentist(I hope temporary) and maybe that is why I am a little punch drunk! Hope all my Commando Sistas have a more "lucid day"!

Tom, that's a kitchen sink workout. Hilarious!

Shock horror, I did more cardio today (pyramid hiit) plus deload. Must be the fact that I'm about to go and visit my MIL. Perhaps it's better that I'm exhausted, so I'll just agree with her!

So- a few days off for me, as I'll go from MIL to my DD. It'll be my last 'school' run ever- DD has finished her finals. Woohoo. She's taking a gap year (didn't do one pre-uni), which will include a ski season. I'm going to have to visit her quite a bit this winter......

Hope everyone has a fab week x

Tom, that's a kitchen sink workout. Hilarious!

Shock horror, I did more cardio today (pyramid hiit) plus deload. Must be the fact that I'm about to go and visit my MIL. Perhaps it's better that I'm exhausted, so I'll just agree with her!

So- a few days off for me, as I'll go from MIL to my DD. It'll be my last 'school' run ever- DD has finished her finals. Woohoo. She's taking a gap year (didn't do one pre-uni), which will include a ski season. I'm going to have to visit her quite a bit this winter......

Hope everyone has a fab week x

Congratulations to your DD. I think we all need a ski season.

Justine, enjoy your trip! Yay for finals being over for your daughter.
Wow, Tom!

Today was burn sets: chest, back, and shoulders. It felt amazing to life heavy again.

I will be off grid for most of next week. Taking a camping trip. Planning on swimming for cardio, kayaking for upper body, and lunges and squats for lower.. Lower always throws me off. Not sure if we are leaving Monday or Tuesday.

Well, today was day 4 in a row of 5AM w/os. I had no expectations of any real production, but I hit a pr on strict press of 140#! I had tried multiple times in the past and it did get much past my chin, but today was different and it went to the top of my head easily, then the work began and what seemed like 3 weeks later it was up! No style points here!! I decided to up my weights 5#on side laterals and front raise and rear delts flys and did 3 x 8 on all, raised dumbbell shrugs 5# and did 1 x 40. It is really encouraging to have a good day when you didn't think that was is store! I have taken nitric oxide before Monday bench day and today and hit prs on both...hmmm. Anybody ever use that stuff? I have no idea if it had anything to do with it but may stay with it for awhile. Lib, the trip sounds fun, have a great time! Justine, I need a DD, but she needs a tropical address!! Have a terrific Thursday Commando Sisters!

Good Morning! Yesterday was legs. So of course I did everything, but legs. Actually there was some legs, but it was different. 300 Kettlebell swings, 200 squat jumps, 100 pushups on a medicine ball. 30 swings, 20 squat jumps, 10 pushups for 10 sets. Between 30 & 40 minutes. Nice metabolic. Have a great Thursday, all!

Karen, funny!
Tom, I can be a DD....but no tropical address.

Today is cardio leg blast........posting because I'm not in the mood to do it.

Oh, my son had a question that you might be able to help with. What is the difference between a loft and a flat? I am thinking it's just the origin of the terms?? Thanks

JUSTINE!!! You've been ratted out but I won't reveal my multiple Commando sources. :) No trip for you unless you do some cardio. Put on your shoes, and give me a 5 min AMRAP: jacks (1 min), tuck jumps (1 min), burpees (1 min), ski hops (1 min), jump split lunges (1 min). Repeat the cycle 3x. Not that I would ever do that workout but I think some penitence is required! ;) Or you could just say that the cardio factor in your current routine is enough. That will satisfy me, too! Congrats to your DD and safe travels to "school" and back.

Tom, you have earned your stripes with those 5am workouts. Brutal! Your shoulder workouts in particular always make me want to cry. Good work on everything BUT that cardio. Do you want me to have to go back to the judge and add time to your cardio probation??? ;)

Lib, how's your son doing? Proud of you for keeping at it despite everything that's going on. I'm no real estate expert but I think "flat" is a British term--yes, Justine? I think it is just basically an apartment. "Loft" is a term used in the US to describe a particular layout of an apartment, like vaulted ceilings and no designated bedroom (or something like that). I'm sure Google could tell you the accurate answer!

Roz, geez, how much volume do you normally do? :) If I saw you in a gym, I would probably sit back and take notes and think "must do this workout so that I can be tough like her!" Keep it up and hope your summer days are treating you well (and are not too hectic)!

Karen, always amazed at your power and strength!

Busy couple weeks here. Swimming lessons and lots of appointments, etc. My hip flexor is feeling better, thank goodness! Monday was Mish Mosh Legs Live, and in this one Cathe makes me mad because she keeps saying "I'm not going to tell you how many reps we have left because then you'll just focus on the number" to which I reply "I need to know the number because that's how I motivate myself to work hard until the end, by doing a rep countdown!" Tuesday was UB on Ball Live, which I like but has too much core work at the end. Wednesday was Step On It Live, which I think I've recommended to Roz before because it's really fun and more intricate in terms of the Live Step choreography offerings. Today was Step & Pump Live from a couple weeks ago. LOVED IT!

All from me for now. HUGS to you, friends!

Lib, I think a flat is pretty basic: a flat (in British English) is a self-contained housing unit (a type of residential real estate) that occupies only part of a building, correctly, on a single level without a stair.

But yeah, you're right, the "loft" thing is confusing! It sounds like it could be an attic space, or an apartment that has a high ceiling and not very many walls (really open), or an old industrial building/factory that has been turned into modern and hip apartments which often happens in a big city.

There's also a woman's clothing store called the Loft but I'm assuming your son isn't interested Ann Taylor designs. ;)

Karen, thanks for the healing vibes. My sister lived in Manhattan for a while and I'm with ya--wouldn't want to live there myself! A cool place to visit but I'll stick with the West Coast, thank you very much.

Good Morning Commandos! Another early one, but not work. We are heading to Arkansas to meet my brother and his wife. My Mom passed away last month and we need to decide some estate stuff. It was sad, but at the end was merciful. I did arms this morning, 21 sets, skull crushers/db curls, tri pushdowns/hammer curls, and since pullovers always make my tris sore, pullovers/conc curls, and 1x20 burnout set of kickbacks and 1 set of 21s and 1 set of isos. I finished 2x20 cable crunches. I used 40s for all but 50s for skullcrushers and 25s for 21s. Lib, lets wait and see where you end up next year...maybe our adoption CAN go thru!! Karen, 300 kb swings// I did 20 the other day and really felt it! Lisa, I have been slacking cardio, but with all these early mornings I have been short on time????(does that work?? violation coming??) Good to hear from you again! Justine, hope you are having a terrific FAM getaway!! Roz, what up!! Hope things are great for you! Have a seriously fun weekend sisterhood!!

Tom, I will still be here. The next year, we shall see though.
Lmao, Lisa!!

Well I woke up ant 11 last night and couldn't get back to sleep. So did Bi's and tri's.
Then felt off all day, so did Tabatacise premix 12: tabata's 1 $ 2, burn set back, and core 1. I did Better than I expected.

Three families have backed out of camping, so depending on weather, I may put off another week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.