Lifting like girls

Another shoulder day and pretty much the same w/o, 11 sets strict press, 3x10 on dumbbell side laterals, rear delt flys, and alternate front raises and finished with 1x40 dumbbell shrugs, Highlights were I did equal a pr with a single strict press at 135 and at 115 I managed 3 sets, x5x3x2 and my burnout set was 85x10. Wishing for a terrific Thursday for all Commandos!

Well, knitting. Not something I imagined one of you writing about! I'd be hopeless- no patience.

Leg day for me today, and the sets are ramping up. Close stance squats followed by sumo squats. Ow. I also had deadlifts and lying ham curls. For some reason I then agreed to go horse riding with a friend. Bad idea. Very bad! To make it worse, we ride 'short' in the uk (ie not long stirrups like in the westerns), so my legs were cramping like mad. I almost couldn't dismount!

Hi friends! You're all doing great work work work, as usual.

Justine and Lib, did you make a pact to torture yourselves with leg day today? And eek, to top that off with horseback riding. I can only imagine. I've never done it but I've heard it's a killer quad workout.

Tom, great work! You seem rejuvenated after your deload. Cheering you on. Have you hit that bike lately? ;)

Roz, Karen, hi ladies!

I'm easing back into it. I've done GS BSB and GS CT. I have lost some strength. There were a many days where I wasn't up to eating much because of the medical stuff, so I imagine my body was in catabolic state for a bit. Sigh. I know I'll get it back eventually. I have also done some cardio which is much easier to hop back into for me. I enjoyed the 100th Cathe Live kickboxing very much!

Justine...so sorry, but sounds like the "rewards" (if you can call it that) of hard work!!! Will pay of (eventually) in gains! Today was arms and same o..same o for me, tri set, super sets. Skullcrushers/hammer curls, pushdowns/dumbbell curls and crossbody tri/ conc curls. All sets were 10-15 rep range for hypertrophy with lighter weight to avoid tendon aggravation. My arms are actually growing even though I still cant go rally heavy on bi work...someday hopefully, at least I can do multiple reps at lighter weights with dumbbells and that's an improvement over several months ago. I still hevent been able to do ez bars curls yet, hopefully coming soon! I managed 35s for all the dumbbell stuff and never less than 10 reps...progress?? For finishers I did 30 tricep pushups and 30 bicep isos. Off to house/dog sit for son #1 in St. Louis as they are going to a wedding in Michigan. Lisa, great to hear from you again..have done a little bike work, not enough to stifle the impending injunction I am about to receive, but some? I gotta do more and will...PROMISE!!! Justine, prayers and well wishes your way you are a true warrior!! Karen, Roz, Lib, hope all is well with y'all!!!

Justine, is this a good hurt, as in DOMS? You can be proud of those! Pain and injury not so much... Foam rolling time, perhaps?

have done a little bike work, not enough to stifle the impending injunction I am about to receive, but some?

Tom, are we going to have to set up some kind of accountability system? Sounds like cardio probation is in order! Sorry you're tendons are still acting tricky but arm growth is a good thing. I'd say you are definitely making progress! Have fun house/dog sitting, you're a good dad!

Hi to everyone else!

I did Lovin' Those Legs Live from last week or the week before. Ouch. I am most definitely not going horseback riding after this, ahem! :)

TGIF, have a great weekend!

Justine, Meso 3 legs. I'm limping.
Loving the pace of Meso 3, but lower body is particularly brutal. Adding in a bit of running just because I can with the stroller.
Also, Lisa, I did the first 15 minutes or so of the kickbox Live that you tried the other day (and loved it!) but there was just too big a dispute with DD over who got to use the pink gloves, so I switched to the most recent metabolic mashup Live! :)

Hi everyone! Busy busy busy here but all is well. Sending high fives all around!
Roz

Justine, I taught knitting for years. I also crochet and enjoyed tatting. Now I don't have time, and it's hard to sit that long. It helps when the boys insist on a movie......hard to concentrate trade on the screen that long. Lol

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

I'm barely sleeping. But, if I take the sleeping meds, am groggy in the am. Think it's from over sleeping after all the stress let up.

I have bi's and tri's today, will do later. It was finally cool enough to start in on the garage. Still extremely humid. But we got around 90% finished! I have two toes of clothes, and two small boxes to go through still. The camping tote is packed and ready for camping!! Then I started mowing the lawn. Fortunately, it started raining about 1/3 of the way into the front lawn :)

Lib, I hope your boy recovers well and quickly. Hugs.

Lisa, glad to hear you're back and doing leg days!

Tom, hope the house sitting is ok. You're a good dad!

Roz- meso 3 sounds scary. Meso 1 has been ok so far, but I'm just about to start on the final week, so we'll see how I feel after 32 sets +abs tomorrow! Like a lot of others doing it, my weight has gone up, so I'm hoping that means glycogen / muscle damage etc, and that the hypertrophy reps are working their magic.

Hi Karen! Any news? Hope the veggies are doing ok.

Oh no, Lib! How is your DS? So scary. I'm so sorry. Best wishes and hugs and prayers to you all.

Justine, Roz has the personal experience, but I was thinking exactly what she said--you're just retaining 'stuff' that your body will eliminate during the deload. Sheesh, 32 sets!?!?! Did you survive?

Roz, get working on that Dear Santa letter. Your pumpkin has made his job easy this year. One pair of pink boxing gloves FTW! :) I hope you've got some time for foam rolling and Epsom Salts after your leg torture days. (((HUGS))) to you in your busy summertime.

Tom, your house sitting and dog sitting duties reminded me of how I had no idea that a dog couldn't eat chocolate until like 2 days before someone had asked my DH and I to house sit/dog sit for them. I had just figured that dogs could eat anything. I'm happy to report that said dog survived my attempted care. I've no doubt that you, unlike me, actually know what you're doing!!! Hope you've had a good weekend!

Karen, hey!

Yesterday I did Circuit SWEAT Live. Another true love workout for me!

Be back in a few days. High fives, my friends!

Ahoy in iron land! By the time I got home from dog sitting and in bed, it was 3 AM! I had to work Monday so, needless to say, Monday chest did NOT happen! 1 day delay so here we go, worked up in bench to 200#, 3x3, 185x6, 165#, 3x8 and incline bench 3x8 at 145#. I did cable crunches, 2x20 and 1x32 as a burnout set of pushups. I did bike 1 mile as a warm up. I know it wont get me off probation but at least go's to "intent"! Pretty quiet ladies, hope all is well!!

Great bench as always Tom! How on earth did you manage work after a 3am bed time? I need my sleep these days!

Roz, I'm interested to see if I lose ### during deload. I'm currently maintenance, back up to tab 1. Hoping to make base.

Lib, how's your son?

Lisa, circuit sweat sounds fun. I've been a bad girl and not done any cardio for ages. Well, unless you count 5 sets of walking lunges!

Karen, how ya doing?

No real workout news to report from me, other than I have lots of sets and the workouts take forever. Working at about 70-75% 1rm. I'll be interested to see what happens to my strength during this phase.

Take care everyone!

Justine, I think your epic marathon walks count as cardio! How long are these workouts taking you?

Lib, thinking of you and your son.

Tom, I'd say both your actus reus (actions) and your mens rea (intention) gave you brownie points in your cardio probation. Keep this up and you might get some time off for good behavior!!! Nice chest work today. Agree with Justine, how do you get yourself to work on zero sleep? Is it just like pulling teeth (pun intended)?

Karen, hi!

Roz, hi!

Today I did XTrain Burn Sets Chest, Back, Shoulders. Neeeeeeed to get my weights back up to where they were only a few weeks ago. Doing better but man, this sucks!

Hi everybody. Sorry it's been so long. Been busy lately. I've decided to take my workouts outside. So DH helped me build a pull-up station, that I can also use as a squat rack. Tonight is Chest, shoulders and triceps. We'll see how all this works. My neighbors already think I'm "nuts," so this will be a great conversation piece for them. I need to start a cut. Everything is getting tight through the shoulders and back. Time for some of this bulk to go.
So far, the garden is looking great. I'm feeling the need for a lot of fresh veggies. Hope you are all doing well, from your posts looks like you are all rockin' it. Hope your son is doing better, Lib. Keep me up to date on your garden, Justine. I have a thing for gardens.
Nice job on the bench, Tom. Hi Lisa, good to hear from you. Hi Roz. Keep it up, everyone. All the best!

Just a PS here. I love this time of year. Peaceful mornings, watching the sun rise over the mountains. Enjoying my coffee on the deck. This is my time of year! Here's to peaceful mornings!

Sorry been MIA! My son finally broke his fever yesterday morning about 2 am. We still don't know what was going on, but he slept about 13 hours, then was like nothing had been wrong. So weird!

I missed yesterday and today's workout. My good friend had come up to help me and split the nights. Then insisted I go for a ride today before she have ads back home. She had an old friend come by, and we ended up riding for just over 10 hours. Normally I can only ride for about three before becoming exhausted. So I am definitely seeing strength improvements. I am now refreshed and ready for the week.

My friends are so amazing :)

Morning Ironettes!! Lib, so glad to hear your son is on the mend and glad new found strength helps the riding. Karen, the outside gym sounds terrific, can I borrow your husband for a little home improvement?? Justine, I wasn't exactly on the "top of my game" Monday but did survive! I went to bed Monday night at 8:40...still kinda light outside (What a party animal). Lisa, now I know why I didn't go to law school, too many big words!! Keep your chin up, it will come back and sounds like you are working at it...really glad you are feeling good enough to do it!! Today was back and it consisted of 6x10 lat pulldowns, deadlifts evenly divided between sumo and conventional. 205x5 each, 255x5 each, and 305x2 each. Not really sure which was best, I normally almost always do conventional now, but may do more sumo in the future. Next were dumbbell rows 85 3x8, and I finished with 7 minute plank, rotating from front to left to front to right and back to front (whew!) I did attempt a few pullups today, but it didn't go well...maybe some day! Make Wed "ALL IT CAN BE"!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.