Lifting like girls

Great job kicking butt (and eating cookies), everyone!
Tom, cookies make one powerful. I think you're doing just the right thing.
Justine, LOVE the idea for banded DLs.
And I agree, the GSF2 workouts are like a main lift and a met con, sort of. Phase 2 is sort of one long met con.
Today I did band assisted pullups (lots!), weighed step ups, and a superset of double DB biceps curls and DB side bends.
Then 'booty bigging', LWF2 DB under 20 mins. Love this one. First circuit is one arm one leg RDLs and one arm jerks. Used a 45# DB but if you have a 20 kg KB it might be easier, balance- and grip-wise, on all those RDLs.
Loving my workouts!
Yesterday was yoga, tomorrow will be yoga or resting.
Hope everyone's well!
Roz

Welcome Lisa!

Thanks, Karen! You're making me want to try HoCo. As if I need anymore DVDs. I saw what you said about CLB. I'd totally forgotten about that one too because I just have way too many. Case in point, today I did Amy Dixon Breathless Body 4 for the first time ever. I think Belinda 'made' me get this one during a TotalFitness sale a few months ago. I don't even know why I bought it really since I have buyer's remorse over Breathless Body 1. But much to my surprise I actually loved BB4. I will do this one again. Reminded me of Cathe Live workouts.

Do you (or anyone else) have Michelle Dozois Peak 10? I bought that on another impulse purchasing spree when it was the TotalFitness deal of the day. I'm debating returning it. What's a girl to do?

Lisa - yay! Welcome. What workouts are you doing at the moment?

Hiya, Justine! Ummm, I told Roz I really shouldn't check-in here since you people are all so focused and my workout routine is more like "WTH is she doing today?" I putter around between different things. I've been working out for so long that I typically end up with a balanced routine of strength and cardio, but it's certainly not organized! The past few months I've done "heavier" UB like XTrain and RWH, toning for legs (usually Cathe Live), and whatever cardio I want. I'm kinda feeling ready for a change so I'm thinking more UB workouts like PUB (don't laugh at me Roz) or the some Live UBs, mixed with leg toning and cardio. See what I mean? I'm a sweaty, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-mommy-pants mess. ;)

Great to have you aboard Lisa!!!!

Tom, it takes a big strong man to want to be around us pushy broads! :) How are those sweet grandbabies? I've always said that if I could just skip straight to the grandparent stage, I totally would! Then I realized I must have my own children first. No getting around that complication. :) And I'm pretty sure a grandpa's number 1 job is to eat snacks, so you're doing good with those cookies. I had one grandpa who always snacked on honey roasted peanuts and another one who loved his coffee ice cream. I can't see either of those treats now without smiling and missing my grampas!

Roz, you rock. You just do. Did you see Jen Sinkler's picture on OD, courtesy of Justine? Go look at it. Your 'booty biggin' workout reminded me of it.

Okay seriously? As if they planned it, I have two little ladies crying at me, one cue and in perfect harmony (see what I meant about wanting to skip to the grandbaby step, Tom?).

Have a great day everyone! I'll try to be back here daily, but won't blather on this regularly so no worries. :)

Lisa

Good morning everyone. This morning was Ho Co Volume 1. Tonight will be EFX 1. Lisa, I have Breathless Body 1, I rarely do it (if ever) anymore. It's so boring. It's a great workout, I just wish she had mixed it up a little more. I haven't bought any of the other Breathless Body May have to give 4 a try. Actually, while I'm doing Ho Co, I'm cursing everything and everybody. It's difficult for me. (easier than it was at first) but my results have been great. Production, is not the best, and I hate that they wear baseball caps, but that is minor. I've been forcing myself to do HoCo 2-3 times a week. But, it has been worth it. I do recommend HoCo. It's different, and difficult. Now don't go trying it, and tell me it was a breeze. I have improved, but depending on the day I still struggle. I have Peak10 Cardio, and Cardio and Weights. Haven't done them for awhile, too many other DVDs to get through. But, I do like Michelle, and they are a good workout. I prefer Cardio and Weights. Will have to give them another go, since you have brought them to my attention. Have a great workout, and a great day, everyone! Pushy broads, is right. I like that. Welcome LizC7, and anyone else that wants to join in the fun!

Roz, I definitely have to try your "booty biggin" workout.

Saw this on You tube last night. Looks interesting. This is a paper program, however, it's free!!

Last edited:
Thanks, Karen! You're making me want to try HoCo. As if I need anymore DVDs. I saw what you said about CLB. I'd totally forgotten about that one too because I just have way too many. Case in point, today I did Amy Dixon Breathless Body 4 for the first time ever. I think Belinda 'made' me get this one during a TotalFitness sale a few months ago. I don't even know why I bought it really since I have buyer's remorse over Breathless Body 1. But much to my surprise I actually loved BB4. I will do this one again. Reminded me of Cathe Live workouts.

Do you (or anyone else) have Michelle Dozois Peak 10? I bought that on another impulse purchasing spree when it was the TotalFitness deal of the day. I'm debating returning it. What's a girl to do?

Hiya, Justine! Ummm, I told Roz I really shouldn't check-in here since you people are all so focused and my workout routine is more like "WTH is she doing today?" I putter around between different things. I've been working out for so long that I typically end up with a balanced routine of strength and cardio, but it's certainly not organized! The past few months I've done "heavier" UB like XTrain and RWH, toning for legs (usually Cathe Live), and whatever cardio I want. I'm kinda feeling ready for a change so I'm thinking more UB workouts like PUB (don't laugh at me Roz) or the some Live UBs, mixed with leg toning and cardio. See what I mean? I'm a sweaty, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-mommy-pants mess. ;)

Tom, it takes a big strong man to want to be around us pushy broads! :) How are those sweet grandbabies? I've always said that if I could just skip straight to the grandparent stage, I totally would! Then I realized I must have my own children first. No getting around that complication. :) And I'm pretty sure a grandpa's number 1 job is to eat snacks, so you're doing good with those cookies. I had one grandpa who always snacked on honey roasted peanuts and another one who loved his coffee ice cream. I can't see either of those treats now without smiling and missing my grampas!

Roz, you rock. You just do. Did you see Jen Sinkler's picture on OD, courtesy of Justine? Go look at it. Your 'booty biggin' workout reminded me of it.

Okay seriously? As if they planned it, I have two little ladies crying at me, one cue and in perfect harmony (see what I meant about wanting to skip to the grandbaby step, Tom?).

Have a great day everyone! I'll try to be back here daily, but won't blather on this regularly so no worries. :)

Lisa
I remember those days Lisa...hang in there unfortunately the grandparent days arrive WAY too fast!!! But they are FUN!!!

Oh no Lisa, I'm getting all twitchy and nervous just thinking about you not planning your workouts.....I know what I'm doing in January [emoji28]

I'll have a look at the clip you posted Karen, but I really, really have too long a list of stuff to do!

Day 'off' for me today- but I walked 10 miles. Got to say that gsf is leaning me out - someone commented today[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justine, I know what you mean. My list is too long. But, I have to post everything I see. Take what you need, and leave the rest, right? So, how long does it take, to walk 10 miles, Justine?

On another note, I finally upgraded to Windows 10. Works perfectly, and I love it!

Last edited:
It took all day! But there were lots of us with lots of dogs, and the going was tough in places, so that's my excuse for it taking more than a couple of hours [emoji39]

OH presses tomorrow. Last chance to redeem myself on those....I'm currently carbo-loading

Saw this on You tube last night. Looks interesting. This is a paper program, however, it's free!!

I'll have a look at the clip you posted Karen, but I really, really have too long a list of stuff to do!

Karen, my DH is doing Stoppani's 12 week to Shortcut to Size from Bodybuilding.com. Yes, it's a paper program and he loves it. He also loves that Stoppani is a Ph.D. so he has some science to back up his stuff (engineering ego, you can relate, LOL). :) He wants to finish that and then move on to the Shortcut to Shred. That's how much he likes it.

Justine, maybe Stoppani can be your February rotation? During your next 10 mile walk can you dream up rotations to pass along to me?

Tom, Roz, hope your days are going well!

Today I did CLB because of the forums. I'm so impressionable. :rolleyes: It seemed easier to me than I remembered and the breaks seemed longer than I remembered. Still loved it, obviously. This is probably a sign that I need a butt whooping from HoCo.

Lisa

Hmmmm, I thought Stoppani looked great, minus the tattoos. I don't mind a few tatts, but when you're top to toe. Not so much. At some point, I may have to give it a try. But, like Justine I'm booked up until early Spring.

Nice work, everyone!
Today was GSF1 squats (8-10 range). I was feeling tired and didn't sleep well, so I decided to focus on volume and density and back off on intensity (weight load). I did 11x10 at 95#. Felt great. Then a superset of BB glute bridges at 175# for 4x15 and one arm rows at 45# 4x8 each side. Finally, a superset of suspension trainer pushups and DB Russian twists.
A super-short 5-min finished. Major Tom (ha!) from LWF1. Killer.

Justine, LOL, I love your 'rest day'. Walking 10 miles. Don't go sedentary on us, now!
Hope everyone's having a great week! :)
Karen, have an amazing family weekend in DC.

Who's getting on the ICE train when it comes out (via DVD or streaming)?
High fives!
Roz

Last edited:
Guilt overwhelming!! I chalked it up to jet lag!!! Not buying it right ladies..Tomorrow I will double chest and back, Friday will double shoulder and arms and get "right with the world"!! If I don't I may loose my honorary "lift like a girl" status!!

Guilt overwhelming!! I chalked it up to jet lag!!! Not buying it right ladies..Tomorrow I will double chest and back, Friday will double shoulder and arms and get "right with the world"!! If I don't I may loose my honorary "lift like a girl" status!!

Tom, you won't lose your status. In fact, I just saw Nia's Lift Like a Girl shirts and thought that you would look smashing in them!

Justine, get in anything today? Or more 10 mile resting? ;)

Karen, DC sounds fun...except for the marathon part. Ha! When do you leave?

Roz, great stats. 8-10 rep range is impressive for one who claimed to be exhausted. :)

Today I did XTrain Burn Sets CBS. I have to go change a nasty diaper now. How can one who is sweet and cute be so awfully stinky? Also what would it be like to feel like you've accomplished a full day's work by pooping? Oh to be a baby again.

Lisa

Karen, Lisa's right- great workout for 'exhausted', and you got a killer finisher in! Now, THAT's impressive !

Lisa- burn sets. I haven't done that in a while. It was a favourite of mine. Not so sure I'd be able to change a nappy afterwards, though?

Tom, just call it recovery.....

Yesterday was overhead presses. Not sure what's happened, but whilst doing Nia I'd use 37kg. I couldn't even get 35kg over my head. So I switched out for DB 1 arm presses for reps, down to 10kg. Pathetic, I know, but I knocked out 22 sets of 6 reps, so volume was ok. I really hope my strength returns. I may have to repeat Nia's double progression.....
Finished with suspension trainer inverted rows (a favourite) supersetted with reverse flys, then racked carries supersetted with curls. Ended up being a 75min workout! I guess that's the problem with volume.

Karen, you're so good to keep on doing hoco. Your abs must be popping. I want to tempt you over to gsf, though.
Have a great time in dc. Will yo get any workouts in?

Oh, and I want a lift like a girl hoody.....not usually a fan of stuff written on clothing, but that appeals [emoji6]

This morning was HoCo2. I think I am only going to do HoCo in the evening. I find it so hard in the morning. (I'm usually only half awake) It feels like I got out of bed, and immediately dropped down into the splits. I'm finally warmed up, when the workout is over.

I definitely need to try gsf, the feedback from y"all sounds like a killer workout. 6x22! Plus a 10 mile walk? You rock, Justine!

Lisa, it's so great with grandbabies. Messy diaper, back to Mom they go. Give HoCo a try. Misery loves company.

Have fun with your workout today, Tom. After a few days off, it always hurts sooo good.

Roz, you are still killing it as usual. Good job.

Off to DC this afternoon. I am bringing my laptop, so I will be blathering all week-end.

I also want a hoody!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.