Lifting like girls

Today was shoulders light and long, nothing shorter than 12 reps. Seated shoulder press 25s x12 35s x12 and 45s x16 14 12. Side laterals 3x12 (25s) bench supported rear delt flys 3x12 (35s) declined db front raise 3x12 (25s) db shrugs x30 25 20 (85s) and finished with 3 sets of cable crunches x30 25 20. Was going to ride the bike but.....naw, another day! My only day off today, work tomorrow then DW and I ( and pup)are going to Branson for a few days, see a show and she loves the light shows....should be fun!.
Hope everyone is well!

Hey all, today was XTrain Legs. Good leg work. Yesterday was Tracie Long’s Stronger Longer Volume 1, another good one. This week, I have enjoyed all my workouts. Go figure. I need to put together some sort of rotation, routine, whatever for the new year. We will see what evolves. That’s about it. Tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Branson does sound fun. Everything sounds fun, I think I need a vacation.
Today was Xtrain Burn Sets Biceps and Triceps. This was killer, either that, or I've become a lightweight. The push-ups did me in, then there were the weights. I totally exhausted myself. But, it felt good.
Tom, you're going to Branson, Lisa do you have any plans? It's always more difficult with kids. You have the Santa thing going on, it's just easier to stay home, and not have to schlepp everything somewhere. We're staying home, for a nice quiet, non hectic day.
Take care everyone. Have a fabulous Christmas, or whatever you celebrate. Celebrate BIG!
I may workout and post tomorrow. If not, take care!

Kinda fun bwt day circuit today. The circuit was
Pullups x 8
Bwt squats x25
Bwt benchpress (190) x5
1 leg calf raise (unweighted) x25
I did this circuit 4 times and finished with some planks and side planks. This was my Ozark primer. I missed yesterday, set my alarm 15 min early because I needed to help DW give the pup a bath, but never turned the alarm on!! Geeze, so I overslept! Did give her a bath, but no w/o....I'll live I guess! Lisa, we come home Christmas Eve. Have a great pre Christmas weekend friends!

Oh my goodness! Looking for something different today. Did a You Tube workout. “Fit Body By Julia.” A glute workout, actually the whole posterior chain. About 62 minutes. She cracks me up, it was a difficult workout towards the end. There she is 17 weeks pregnant. She’s just wearing a bra top, no shirt, and she’s kicking my butt. I like this Julia person. I gotta do more of her stuff. Hip thrusts, one of my favorites. Highly recommend.

Really no lifting, did a couple of arm sets in street clothes after eating waffles and donuts!! Branson is fun, my grandparents lived here and I was here a lot in the early and mid 60s.......NOT THE SAME TOWN!! It was a sleepy Ozark town selling Bird baths and pottery....now, wow, like Vegas without the gambling!..Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas, eat up, the iron will still be there!

Merry Christmas, everyone! Yep, staying here, Karen. It's hard enough going anywhere with car seats and diapers, no way can I add Christmas presents to the load! Aside from my totally wild children, it should be a pretty calm experience. Cooking pork tenderloin in the crockpot and letting the local bakery prepare dessert. Taking it easy in the kitchen but not in the workout room. Tough leg day for me this morning!!!

Tom, I didn't realize there was no gambling in Branson. Bummer! I remember my parents talking about Vegas in the 60s. I think it was still the era of Elvis and Liberace. The Rat Pack. I know gambling was a thing but now there are new "herbal opportunities" there, too. Time for Branson to catch up, lol.

Karen, Julia is a beast! Even when she is pregnant, she blows it out of the water. I tend to stick to her pregnancy era routines because they seem easier than what she puts together when not expecting...but emphasis on the easiER, definitely not easy. Looking forward to hearing about your 2019 rotation. I've been loving Xtrain. I've been contemplating an XTrain, RWH hybrid. Not that my exercise ADD would allow it, lol

I won't be posting again most likely until Wednesday. Until then, enjoy your holidays! So grateful for the gift of having you as my fitness friends.

I’ve done two Julia workouts so far, and I am addicted. This woman is a beast! Holy guacamole!! Burpees, burpees, burpees! I hate burpees, but, she does so many, I’m digging em right now. Big time strength, cardio, all of it. I know, I’m acting like I’m 12, and just had my first kiss, but I love this.
I remember my parents going to Vegas to see the Rat Pack! Oh, and Wayne Newton.
Looks like you all have your Holiday plans, take care. Never met you, but consider you my good friends. Best wishes to you all!

Karen, I admire, but do not share, your love of burpees!

Tom, how's it going?

Did everyone have a good Christmas? I don't know how, but I managed an All Star homerun on the gifts for my kids this year. They've not stopped playing since yesterday morning, except for a poor night of sleeping (post-Christmas excitement) last night. We drove around to look at lights last night and my two DDs kept asking "are we going back home yet???" It's not even like they got that much. I suppose I should relish it because I am sure this will be impossible to replicate! My DH and I continued our no gift tradition, because I just buy whatever I want/need throughout the year, for example I just renew Cathe Live or buy DVDs when I want to or need to. No waiting around. I prefer that. Plus when shop for myself I am never disappointed. :)

Yesterday was Cathe Claus Cardio Crush Live. Tom, you would have hated it but I LOVED it. Today was Xtrain Burn Sets Chest Back Shoulders. Have a great rest of your Christmas week!

Taking today as a rest day. I’m so sore because of this Julia person. I’m giving upper and lower body a break.
DH and I do the same as you and your DH, Lisa. We don’t get each other anything, we buy what we want during the year.
Hope you’re enjoying Branson, Tom.
Tomorrow!

We don't gift each other..,same reason! Today was several humorous fails! I just did chest, started by turning the alarm off, but guilted myself downstairs anyway. Started with some Warm ups and did 205, missed my block because I had it real high while changing weights and forgot to lower it back, missed it on the way down and about "strained my milk" getting it up!! I dropped to 190 and thought I would go to 8 reps...got to 7 1/2 and yep...FAIL..roll of shame! Finished with 165x12 and did db inclines 55s x15. Maybe I should have slept in lol!! Tomorrow is our 44th anniversary, will lift, then will figure some entertainment!
Karen, rest is often the vest choice.
Lisa, maybe you should " hire out" as a Christmas shopper!
Stay the course friends!

Shoulder day, f'ugly, but was tired at the end! Started with a seated set of db presses 25s to warm up, then tried some seated pin presses, but my elbows kept hitting the rack, did x7 before I gave up on them, did 115x3 standing strict presses short set, then dropped to 100x10 6. Next were seated db presses 3x10 (50s), I tried 60s, but plain couldn't hoss them today! So next were side lat 3x10 (30s), bent over rear delt flys x12 20 15 (40s) front raises x10 10 11 (30s), db shrugs x30 25 20 (90s) and finished with a burn out set of seated db presses x15 (40s). I will finish this life as a terrible pressor, but "whatcha gonna do"!! Rainy here today but that does beat "shovel max"!!
Have a great Thursday friends!

Tom, happy 44th anniversary to you and your DH! That's a great milestone! I had to Google the gift assigned to 44 years...every year has a theme, ya know...and Google told me "groceries" is the 44th year gift. WTF? I would advise against making the day's special activity a trip to the Piggly Wiggly. Lol. Btw, got freaked out by your near miss yesterday...be careful, dude!!!

Karen, snow for us, too. Not much. Letting the sun melt it on the driveway as we are South facing (thanks to our realtor for that awesome advice). Feeling recovered from Julia yet? She really is an awesome athlete.

Today was legs and core, Sydney Cummings YouTube channel. Let's all celebrate the day in honor of Tom and his DW, shall we??? :)

Groceries?!?!? We celebrated our 44th in Sept. WTH is up with groceries? I’m waiting for gold or silver. DH will be happy, he’s into groceries.
Yes, we looked for a south facing driveway, but it was not happening. Shovel Max, was wasted time, it snowed again last night, all my hard work was snowed over.
I am obsessed with Julia. Today was “Lift Like a Bro #3, back, biceps? Shoulders? Anyway something upper body. I was having an “out of body experience,” so it’s just a vague memory at this point. But, I am loving her. That’s about it! See you tomorrow!
Celebrate big Tom!!

Arm day supersets, skullcrushers 45s x15 15 12/ ez bar curls 85 x12 12 10 pushdowns 3x8/ db curls 40s 3x8 kickbacks 40s 3x15/ dec curls 30s 3x10. DW really laughed when she heard groceries were the 44 gift!! Thanks for the well wishes friends! Off to prison I go...have a great Fri!!

Leg day with some other stuff. Legs were bench squats 115x5 165x5 185x3 and 205x3. Gob squats (50) 3x20, rev lunges (30s) 3x8 and barbell calf raised (205) 3x20. Next came chin ups x10 x2(+50#kb) x10, and finished with some light bench, 115x10 155x10 and 175x9 ( think I could have got 10 but other day " roll of shame" haunted me!!
All for me, bowls and basketball!!! Enjoy your weekends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.