Lifting like girls

PM arms a done deal! 18 sets and alternated sets of 3. Started with 3x10 pushdowns 3x10 ez bar curls. skullcrushers x13 10 8. db curls 10 10 8. assorted tri pushups, 1 set feet on floor, 1 set feet on bench and 1 set of diamonds, finishing with conc curls x10 8 8. Gonna try to do some core stuff over the weekend and maybe light bench work. Off to a medical unit Christmas party tonight, but I will be good, at least drinking wise!!! Have a great Sat and Sun friends!

Wow, Tom, 2 workouts for the day, including legs? Are you showing off for Santa? Have a fun, safe party. Also, lol that you don't watch This is Us with your DW. Not your thing, huh? Not enough football in it, I guess!

Karen, forgot to say that I am so happy for you that your DH is back!!!

Today was legs plus GS shoulders. OMG just had to go to Costco for a prescription. Shoot meeeeee! So crowded!

Bench and ab day, and for bench I stuffed the bigger bench block under the shirt to save wear and tear on the shoulders. Today I did 7 sets total, up to 205x3 singles at 215 and 220 then 185x10 and 165x12. Abs we're 3x25 cable crunches and 3x60 mtn climbers. All for me friends, I was well behaved last nite, both DW and I had a 3 beer nite, and I resisted doing some " power drinking" with my young medical unit peeps, but do luv that bunch!! Enjoy the weekend my " fitness peeps"!!!

Last edited:
Could NOT stay away. Today was just a little of a few things, starting with...believe it or not, 4 miles on the airdyne!! Then, pullups x10 8 and really haven't done many of these in awhile so felt good I could still do some! Following pullups were 1x25 pushups, only 1 set since yesterday was bench and tomorrow will be again. I finished with 2x25 bwt squats and 2x30 single leg calf raises.
Well, that's all do me, hope the weekend was good to y'all cause Monday's coming!! Old guy out!!

Today was chest and tris and wow, I could tell I did chest 2 days ago! Bench was 8 sets up to 195x3 215x1 200x5 185x5 and 165x5. Sat, I did 185 x10 and 165x12 on the way down, but today x5 was all I had! Next were db inclines (60s) x18 and db inclined flys (50s) x12 and finished with 20 pushups. Tris were pushdowns x10 8 8 and skullcrushers 3x8. I did use the small block today for a little more stretch. I'm glad to be able to do reps at over 200 and while that pales to many, I am going to try to stay over 200 for as long as I can! I am so thankful to be able to do this at almost 70 and while I get discouraged from time to time for my limitations, I am so grateful to my "iron sistas" for keeping me motivated!! Rock on Ladies!!

Tom, yes, what Karen said! You lift iron for yourself and you show your own body who's boss. Who cares about anyone else? You do you! It's all good and I think "wow" everytime I read about your persistence.

Same goes for Karen, of course. Really could there be any more marvelous people to check in with??? I think not!

Today was We're Talking Legs Live from 12/6/18. Holy Macarena, this had my heart rate soaring the entire time. I can lift way heavier than Cathe does in Live workouts (due to limited equipment available to her in her fitness room...otherwise she'd kick my a$$ poundage wise). That said there's something about the pacing and formatting of Live legs workouts that just slay me!!!

Have a super duper start to the week! We've already gotten snow and I have driven past TWO separate vehicular collisions today, about 60 seconds after they looked like they happened. Sheesh!

We’re forecasting snow this week. I’m going to give that Cathe Live a whirl. Sounds like a good one. Super busy this week, with “stuff” that is just headache inducing. In other words, a PITA. My workouts may be spotty at best. But, I will be reading about your adventures. Take care, some days are definitely better than others!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick back and bi day, chins 2x8, 1x8 low cable rows that were real uncomfortable so I stopped and did 3x10 pulldowns and bi's were 1x10 ez bar curls and that bothered the low back too so I did 2x8 seated db curls and 1x18 light conc curls and that was it....pretty much a slacker day but did a little at least! All I got friends, have a good one!!

My PITA was not as daunting as first imagined!! Yayyy. So today was Cathe Live, Let’s Talk Legs, or Legs Are Talking. Anywho the Live that you posted, Lisa. What a great workout! Loved it. Thanks for the heads up! It was great! That’s pretty much it. The air is still crappy, but there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow. Let’s hope it cleans it up. That’s about it!! See you tomorrow.

Karen, good news about the PITA errands being tolerable. Do you have DOMS from that Live? I was SO sore yesterday. I haven't gotten leg DOMS in ages.

Tom, how ya doin?

Hi Lib!

Today was XTrain Burn Sets Chest Back Shoulders. I can't use a bench for chest presses because the bar limits the ROM in a way that aggravates my elbows but as a result I can't go as heavy as I otherwise could because I can't get the d@$% dumbbells up to starting position. These are my First World Fitness Problems.

Have a great day!

Yes, I do have leg and butt DOMS. Love it! I’m always looking for a workout that will give me DOMS like I got years ago as a beginner. You know the kind of DOMS that had you holding onto the bannister and walls for dear life, when descending the stairs, and lowering yourself in the bathroom (you know what I mean) was a five minute endeavor. I know a lot of people don’t like gliding discs, but I love them. Really liked this workout! Definitely a do over. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm such a slacker.,,slept thru the alarm, never do that,,BUT tomorrow will be legs and shoulders then off to Minnesota for biannual consult to see if I'm gonna make it! You guys are sick!!! Butt DOMS are the WORST!!! Upper body DOMS are great but getting your "thutt thumped" is painful. I make my living sitting and if I can't...well....I'll starve!!;) Tomorrow...promise!!

Shoulders and bwt legs. Shoulders were 4x10 seated db press )1x10 40s) 3x10 50s, 4x10 side lat (25s) 4x10 bench supported rear delt flys (35s) 4x10 seated db front raises (25s)and 2x30 db shrugs (85s). Legs were 100 btw squats (4×25) 100 BB calf raises #115 (4x25). Believe it or not, the bodyweight stuff was surprisingly tough...probably says more about me!! Off to the great Northland, nothing more exciting than that drive through Iowa! Happy "ironing"!!

This morning I did Cathe Live. A great barbell workout, that kicked my butt. I didn’t go heavy at all, but I had to sit on the floor and watch most of the ab work. My butt is still sore from the lower body workout, a couple of days ago, and upper body is sore from yesterday. So maybe today wasn’t the best choice, but it is a very good workout. Definitely, a do over.
Hope you’re all well. The air here is finally clean. Drive safely, Tom. Rock on, Lisa. Lib, hope all your news is good. Later guys!
Tom, driving through Iowa, can’t be worse than driving through Wyoming.

Last edited:
Quick dumbbell arm day, supersets, skullcrushers x15 15 12 12/ db curls x10 10 8 8 (40s) then dropped to 35s and did kickbacks 3x12 and conc curls 3x8 a,d then went to get stuck by a very sweet lab tech!! No ice or snow on the roads on the way up and I think today is going to be sunny. Always a bit of a "CRAP Shoot" going to Minnesota this time of year! Enjoy your Friday friends!!

Son 1 did his orthopedic residency there and I started up there in 2004 when he was an intern.....never had a bad experience with any provider...ophthalmic, rheum derm all been great just getting there in winter can be iffy! Should try plastic and see if they can help the esthetics!!:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.