Lifting like girls

Karen, tomorrow is now today and I did a Sydney Cummings YouTube HiiT workout. Yesterday was legs for me, too!

Tom, you still working with what you got in that hotel "fitness center?"

Friends, so excited because my DH and I finally found a babysitter with her own transportation! We get to escape the zoo tonight and have a conversation where we won't have to scream over our loud children in order to communicate. Plus, I'm going to eat steak, which I don't have to prepare, and drink a beer. If that's not paradise, what is?

Hope you both have a terrific weekend!

Karen, tomorrow is now today and I did a Sydney Cummings YouTube HiiT workout. Yesterday was legs for me, too!

Tom, you still working with what you got in that hotel "fitness center?"

Friends, so excited because my DH and I finally found a babysitter with her own transportation! We get to escape the zoo tonight and have a conversation where we won't have to scream over our loud children in order to communicate. Plus, I'm going to eat steak, which I don't have to prepare, and drink a beer. If that's not paradise, what is?

Hope you both have a terrific weekend!
Oh Lisa, if you have found that little slice of heaven, never give out her name to anyone, especially best friends. I found the best babysitter ever, and trying to be a good friend, gave her name to my best friend. Evidently she passed her name to everybody. I could never schedule her again. Uh huh, keep that to yourself!! Tom, hope you're well, and working it.
Lisa, enjoy the time away from the zoo. Although I'm not a beer drinker (don't like the yeasty smell. Think I have mentioned that before) have a beer for me!
Enjoy your weekend all! Today will be Mark Lauren Circuits, ouch!

Oh Lisa, if you have found that little slice of heaven, never give out her name to anyone, especially best friends. I found the best babysitter ever, and trying to be a good friend, gave her name to my best friend. Evidently she passed her name to everybody. I could never schedule her again. Uh huh, keep that to yourself!! Tom, hope you're well, and working it.
Lisa, enjoy the time away from the zoo. Although I'm not a beer drinker (don't like the yeasty smell. Think I have mentioned that before) have a beer for me!

LMAO! Good advice! Some things should not be shared amongst friends...

I actually love the yeasty smell. Maybe it's because I'm a bread addict, as in homemade bread would be my last meal on Death Row. I also love the cheaper, crappier beers better than the "Artisan" ones. I'm such a cheap date. I know you go for the wine, which I love the smell but am still trying reeeeeeaaaaalllly hard to like the taste. Have a glass after Mark's torture session today. I think it's the right thing to do, don't you? :)

LMAO! Good advice! Some things should not be shared amongst friends...

I actually love the yeasty smell. Maybe it's because I'm a bread addict, as in homemade bread would be my last meal on Death Row. I also love the cheaper, crappier beers better than the "Artisan" ones. I'm such a cheap date. I know you go for the wine, which I love the smell but am still trying reeeeeeaaaaalllly hard to like the taste. Have a glass after Mark's torture session today. I think it's the right thing to do, don't you? :)

If your a bread baker, I have the best homemade bread recipe. It’s specifically for high elevations. Above 4000 feet. It’s from Utah State University.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi all. Have a fit tower question. I have all the fit tower dvd's, but I'm just starting back to it. I will be doing the intermediate today.
Do I do them every other day? or can I do them every day?
I'm having low back pain with floor exercises (abs mainly) so added a thicker mat, helps. Today's has more floor work, so not sure if I should grab a pain pill before the workout.

Chemo brain sucks, I can't remember many things.
Doc pulled me off all chemo (nothing working now), and is looking for trials. Many say I can't have had chemo within 30 days, or some other issue with chemo. When he told me to start working out again, I knew I wanted Cathe. Unfortunately, my brain thinks my body can do more than it really can. So, I started back with fit tower.

Missed you all.

Lib, good to hear from you!! Y'all talking about bread is making me hungry.
I seem to be suffering a crisis of motivation, only lifting once in the last 10 days...sad! I decided to ease back in with a light upper body day. 3sets of really light bench, 135x5x8x12 and the 5 rep sets was more painful than the 12. Chins 2x5, db shoulder press 45s, x8 alt and 10 simultaneous. Next was db curls 35s x10x15x10 and tri pushdowns 3x10, only 13 sets but hope to amp it up starting Monday. Tomorrow I'm going to try to do a light lower body day, and hope to be in a better frame of mind Monday. Glad to see my iron warriors have been at it and I am drawing motivation from that! By the way The Huskers won big after a near win at Ohio State....long year but the future is bright again for Big Red!!

If your a bread baker, I have the best homemade bread recipe. It’s specifically for high elevations. Above 4000 feet. It’s from Utah State University.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen, Are you serious??? Yasssss! I need that recipe
True story, my older sister and I used to attend a music school during the summers at USU in Logan. Every, single, day we would buy a slice of warm, to DIE for homemade bread from the campus bakery to eat. If you can send me the recipe, you will be bringing childhood magic back into my life!!!

Hi all. Have a fit tower question. I have all the fit tower dvd's, but I'm just starting back to it. I will be doing the intermediate today.
Do I do them every other day? or can I do them every day?

Missed you all.

Hi, Lib!!! We have missed you, too! So great to read your post.

Of course, listen to your doctor and your body, above all. Since you're just getting back into workouts, and since the Fit Tower workouts fire the muscles, I would say do a Fit Tower workout every other day to allow for muscular recovery. On the days in between, try walking, swimming, gentle yoga, or stretching.

I hope you can find a clinical trial in your area. Take care. We are on your team, wishing you the best

Checking my log and I found that this was my first leg day in 15 days! Pathetic, but pathetic by design...light everywhere. Bench squats sets of 5 at 115 135 155, rev lunges with 25s 2x8, gob squats 2x12 and dropped to a 40# kb, swings 1x20 with the 40#kb, 2x20 BB calf raises at 155, and 2x20 single leg calf raises, finishing lower body with light deads, 205x8 (sumo) 8 (conv) and that was it! Now I gotta go eat some bread or something!!;)

Chest and tri day, disappointing but expected. 10 sets of flat bench, 2 sets of inclined flys, 4 sets of pushdowns and 2 sets of kickbacks, finishing with 3x20 cable crunches. Did 2x3 Bench at 195, 185x5x4 and 165x8x5 on drop sets. Its what I get for 2 weeks of slacking...oh well, will try to get back to it....pretty clear I can't take that much time off...note to self! Have a great week friends!

Hey Lib, do what ya feel!!! Anything you do is better than doing nothing and "it's all good"!!
Today was back and bis, and NO CHINS! Those just seem to get me off to a "creaky start". Today was 4x10 low lat cable pulls, 4x8 lat pulldowns and 2x8 pullovers. I went heavy and had to work at it! Bis were 3x8 ezbar curls, 2x10 db curls and 1x10 conc curls. The db curls were lighter than usual, still being a little protective of stuff and I did drop 5# on the ez bar curls but still 95# and it felt like plenty! I did this early but just didn't get to post it....but did show at least...NO MORE LONG SLACKER BREAKS!!

A leg day show, not titanic but added either weight, reps or both to everything. Bench squats 3x8 115 155 175, gob squats 2x12 (50) rev lunges 2x8 (35s) kb swings x20 (50). Calves were 2x25 standing BB raises (175) 2x25 1 leg calf raises and finished with 3x25 cable crunches...all for me, have a "goodun" friends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.