Life Cycle vs Spin Bike

stayfit1

Cathlete
I'm so excited to receive the new low impact series. I have a Life Cycle that has given me some great workouts, but can't wait for Cycle Max. Do you think I can adapt the Life Cycle for this workout? I'm not sure at this time on spending money on a spin bike.

Dianne

Unfortunately, the two bikes are nothing alike. Spin bikes have a weighted front wheel which allows you to stand, Standing then allows for jumps (up and down from the saddle) climbs both seated and standing, and different body positions. Maybe after seeing the video you can find a used one.

I'm so excited to receive the new low impact series. I have a Life Cycle that has given me some great workouts, but can't wait for Cycle Max. Do you think I can adapt the Life Cycle for this workout? I'm not sure at this time on spending money on a spin bike.

Dianne

Can you amp up the level of resistance high enough where you have to stand on the pedals? If so, I don't why it wouldn't work. I plan to use my Cybex commercial grade stationary bike for it. I do standing pedal work on mine all the time, np.

HTH

I also have a lifecycle and am an avid outdoor biker. I prefer the lifecycle feel to spin bikes overall as to me the lifecycle has a more "real bike" feel (though nothing is as real as a real bike!); but I enjoy spinning bikes a lot whenever I get to a gym class (which is not often). Anyway, with the cost and the space which would be required to get a 2nd type of bike, I plan to use the lifecycle for cycle max. I have found that standing on the lifecycle doesn't feel as "right" as it does on a spinning bike, and I have been doing bike workouts from Mindy Mylrea for years. I usually just don't stand. That said, you can stand if you want to. My feeling though is that you can still get a fantastic indoor biking workout without standing. I don't see why cycle max can't be adapted to whatever kind of bike you already have at home and I definitely plan to adapt it to the lifecycle in whatever ways are needed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.