Let's Chat here at 10:30am Eastern

I am glad that I am not the only one that 40/20 wasn't so nice to this morning. In my case, i did IMAX yeasterday and I was still feeling it.

Hi Agzo! So bummed that you had to miss Daytona when you were so close. I hope you did well on your test. Btw, Rhonda doesn't live in Georgia anymore. She is back in our area again.

good idea to the max, I would love to see an Atlanta roadtrip

I was heart broken I missed the Daytona one since it was so close to me but I had to sit for my state licensing which had been planned for about 6 months in advance and they only offer it twice a year. I would come to Atlanta for sure, they could invite Rhonda to hang out as well :D

Hi Cathe! - I've been doing STS and wondering about deadlifts for the back vs. deadlifts for the legs. I feel like I'm doing the same thing in both exercises so I'm confused as to why. I'm sure I'm missing a form point.

What should I be doing differently when working the legs or the back?

Cathe- you gearing up for Houston? I noticed that the itinirary doesn't list what each class is. Just "class with Cathe" hmm.... don't want us to know what we're in for huh?!

Sie sind zu süß Belinda. Sie finden sie in der heißen Händchen bald haben. Ich glaube, dass Texas der letzten RT von 2010 ist, aber sie werden nach den Feiertagen im Jahr 2011 fortsetzen. Gosh Ich würde gerne nach Deutschland kommen auf einen zu tun!

You are too sweet Belinda. You will have them in your hot little hands soon. Yes, I think Texas is the last RT for 2010 but we will continue with them after the holidays in 2011. I'd love to do one in Germany!

Guten morgen mein Sonnenschein:eek:

das war aber schnell:eek: Freue mich schon auf die neuen DVD's, kann es kaum noch abwarten die in meinen heissen Haenden zu bekommen! Ist Texas dein letzter RT dieses Jahr?

Good morning Cathe and Cathletes

Cathe, I am counting down the days (and trying to get in as many workouts as I can) for the Houston road trip.

Can't wait to see everyone and workout. :D

Have a great day!

Hi Lori! Glad you are having fun with your rotation. Yes, I crack up at the DVD /Download episodes too. Chris, my business partner, wrote all the scripts. He surprised me with them one day and I thought they were a riot and so we moved forward with the plan and hired actors and taped the segments. Both guys did great but I thought DVD was in particularly exceptional at his roles. Thanks for stopping by this morning!

Good Morning Cathe. Hope you are enjoying your cup of coffee. :D
Your DVD Down Load episodes are cute. They make me laugh. Wondering where did you find the two guys and are you the writer?

BTW I am enjoying the Sept rotation. You kicked my butt this morning HIIT40/20.:eek:

Lori

Sie sind zu süß Belinda. Sie finden sie in der heißen Händchen bald haben. Ich glaube, dass Texas der letzten RT von 2010 ist, aber sie werden nach den Feiertagen im Jahr 2011 fortsetzen. Gosh Ich würde gerne nach Deutschland kommen auf einen zu tun!

You are too sweet Belinda. You will have them in your hot little hands soon. Yes, I think Texas is the last RT for 2010 but we will continue with them after the holidays in 2011. I'd love to do one in Germany!

Liebe Cathe, you are so sweet! I hope you do one in Germany too:eek: That would be so awsome! We will leave Germany next year:( I will come to your next year RT! :D

Hi Jenn! I can't always plan that perfectly on the destination road trips because I don't really know the "grounds" I'm working with until I arrive and usually have to adjust what we do accordingly. This means we either have to change the workout itself or the time of day we have it. In any case, we will do step, kickbox, lower and upper body weight training, bootcamp type workout, an outdoor workout, portions of Cardio Core Circuit, and band work. You will be on Fi-yah! :eek: Can't wait!

Cathe- you gearing up for Houston? I noticed that the itinirary doesn't list what each class is. Just "class with Cathe" hmm.... don't want us to know what we're in for huh?!

Hi Cindi1! You aren't doing anything wrong by feeling it in both. No matter how you slice it, deadlifts work both the back and hamstrings. So sometimes I put them with back and sometimes with hamstrings. But if you want greater emphasis on your hamstrings do a stiff legged deadlift and single leg deadlifts. Hope this helps!

Hi Cathe! - I've been doing STS and wondering about deadlifts for the back vs. deadlifts for the legs. I feel like I'm doing the same thing in both exercises so I'm confused as to why. I'm sure I'm missing a form point.

What should I be doing differently when working the legs or the back?

Hi Cathe! First off, thank you for remembering the beginner exercisers out there. My MIL has been battling a back injury for many years and just got the green light to start working out again. I told her about your beginner DVDs. She started using them without the step a few weeks ago and has now progressed to using the step. She loves you and your workouts, and is feeling so much better about herself already. Thank you for inspiring her!!!

Now I have a question: when you do step workouts (as YOUR workout for the day), do you use the 6 inch or 8 inch step? I typically go with 8 inches for the Low Max/LIC type workouts, but am not sure whether or not it's necessary for the higher impact step routines? I'm wondering if my knees will like me better 20 years from now if I stick to the 6 inch?

DH and I are coming to the Houston RT, leaving for a tour of Texas this Thurs. Woo hoo! :D

Hi Jenn! I can't always plan that perfectly on the destination road trips because I don't really know the "grounds" I'm working with until I arrive and usually have to adjust what we do accordingly. This means we either have to change the workout itself or the time of day we have it. In any case, we will do step, kickbox, lower and upper body weight training, bootcamp type workout, an outdoor workout, portions of Cardio Core Circuit, and band work. You will be on Fi-yah! :eek: Can't wait!

Cathe, that sounds awesome -- I can't wait!!! We've had a break in our summer heat the past two days, so maybe it'll be pleasant next week.

See you soon!
Kristi

Hi Cathe,
My sister and I attended your Glassboro roadtrip this summer and I'm still basking in the glow of all the workouts. The motivation that you provided should last me until next summer's roadtrip.;) Now, in the morning when I workout, I feel like I'm working out with a new friend. AND, you've even got me contemplating moving into the 21st century and buying an ipod so I can take advantage of the workout blender particularly when I'm on travel. Thanks so much Cathe.
v/r
Michelle

Really Belinda? Why are you leaving Germany? Did I miss something? In any case, I will selfishly shout out YIPPEE, I get to see you next year!!!!

Liebe Cathe, you are so sweet! I hope you do one in Germany too:eek: That would be so awsome! We will leave Germany next year:( I will come to your next year RT! :D

Hi WendyBegy!

Yes, I was just going to suggest that you need more weight, but you beat me to it. I also HIGHLY suggest using a barbell with this exercise. With a barbell, it is easier to control the motion and focus on your form. Good Luck!

I'm not to sure how to use the form, but I do have a question.
On the dead lifts.
I just don't seem to get much out of them and I'm wondering if I am doing them incorrectly.
I do bend to a flat back.
I keep my shoulders back and relaxed.
I use a slight bend in my knees
I use 18 pounds right now and only dumb bells, I don't have a bar yet.
Do you thing maybe I just need to use more weight?

Thank you
Love your shows, I'v lost 13 1/2 inches in 5 weeks...:rolleyes:
and 20 pounds...

Oh I'm probably too late to say hi, Headed down stairs now to do Cardio Core circuit, just put my 2y/o down for a nap...........thanks for working out with me ;) Hope to meet you again next year, started sts for the second time and I see the gains I've made, thank you!!

Carolyn:rolleyes:

Really Belinda? Why are you leaving Germany? Did I miss something? In any case, I will selfishly shout out YIPPEE, I get to see you next year!!!!

Yeap, Cathe!:D DH 3 year tour is up next year, we could leave as soon as March and the latest Sept:confused: You bet, I will see you next year:eek: That's funny, DH talked about you the other day. He said, you need to go the next Cathe RT to have some fun! What a sweety! I also will bring Alesia! We had a blast!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.