Let's Chat here at 10:30am Eastern

Hi Lisa! Thank you for sharing your mom's wonderful progress with me. Please tell her I am very proud of her.

As for when I do step workouts, I use a 6 inch step. I personally get winded on 6 inches so I don't find it necessary to go higher. But every now and then I use 8 inches for about a week to shock my system with something different.

Everyone has different issues when it comes to knees. Some people's knees bother them on higher step heights and others have no problems whatsoever. I say change is good on all levels of fitness, so break it up and do a little of both.

Can't wait to meet you and your hubby in Texas. Enjoy your travels this week!

Hi Cathe! First off, thank you for remembering the beginner exercisers out there. My MIL has been battling a back injury for many years and just got the green light to start working out again. I told her about your beginner DVDs. She started using them without the step a few weeks ago and has now progressed to using the step. She loves you and your workouts, and is feeling so much better about herself already. Thank you for inspiring her!!!

Now I have a question: when you do step workouts (as YOUR workout for the day), do you use the 6 inch or 8 inch step? I typically go with 8 inches for the Low Max/LIC type workouts, but am not sure whether or not it's necessary for the higher impact step routines? I'm wondering if my knees will like me better 20 years from now if I stick to the 6 inch?

DH and I are coming to the Houston RT, leaving for a tour of Texas this Thurs. Woo hoo! :D

(((((HUGS Michelle)))))) I miss all of you. I had a BLAST working out with you. Especially our very first workout after registration. It was great to sweat out the travel stress and let it loose. I hope to see you again next summer. Thanks for stopping in here this morning :D

Hi Cathe,
My sister and I attended your Glassboro roadtrip this summer and I'm still basking in the glow of all the workouts. The motivation that you provided should last me until next summer's roadtrip.;) Now, in the morning when I workout, I feel like I'm working out with a new friend. AND, you've even got me contemplating moving into the 21st century and buying an ipod so I can take advantage of the workout blender particularly when I'm on travel. Thanks so much Cathe.
v/r
Michelle

This is music to my ears. (((((HUGS to you and your adorable family)))))

Yeap, Cathe!:D DH 3 year tour is up next year, we could leave as soon as March and the latest Sept:confused: You bet, I will see you next year:eek: That's funny, DH talked about you the other day. He said, you need to go the next Cathe RT to have some fun! What a sweety! I also will bring Alesia! We had a blast!

(((Carolyn))))))...I'm just ready to sign off too. Have a great workout and keep going strong on STS. I miss your energy and your great big smile I saw all weekend of the roadtrip :D:D:D

Oh I'm probably too late to say hi, Headed down stairs now to do Cardio Core circuit, just put my 2y/o down for a nap...........thanks for working out with me ;) Hope to meet you again next year, started sts for the second time and I see the gains I've made, thank you!!

Carolyn:rolleyes:

Hi Ketros!

I hear your frustration and am sorry you are going through so much at this time. I'm sure you will feel much better after sitting down with your doctor and discussing the pro's con's of going on meds.

I can share with you what my understanding is on why some women gain weight after having a full hysterectomy but my input is certainly not that of a medical professionals and I wouldn't want it to be taken that way either :)

The ovaries produce estrogen, progesterone, and androstenedione. When they are removed the levels of these hormones drop dramatically and the effects on a woman's body can be varied. Weight gain, particularly around the waist, appears to be most common side effect.

Abdominal weight gain is believed to be tied to an excess of androgens along with a relative decrease in estrogen. Androgens are the "male hormones" that are normally present in a woman's body. A hysterectomy can skew the balance of these androgens against estrogen causing weight gain and a thicker middle since this male hormone is usually what causes men to gain weight in their abdomen area. Other elements that can contribute to weight gain are a slowed metabolism and water retention.

Hope this helps!

Hi Cathe
Really was hoping that I could send this Priviate but I can't so here it is

I think your a wonderful trainer and I am really enjoy the Sts 3 month Program.
I am into my 6th week and have followed the Sts/with cardio and also purchased the Nutrition plan for 1 month.. I have noticed my muscles are getting stronger but am still my scales does not move.

I had surgery about 5 months ago had too have a full hysterectomy due to endormetrios. I am 41 and the Doctor would not put me on any hormones for at least 6 months case it came back ..

My Question to you is .. Would this be a reason (lack of estrogen) that I am not losing any weight .. I am 5"6 and weight 137 lbs .. I have never been this heavy unless I was prego lol..120/125 lbs is the norm for me and would like to get back too that!

I have got some great advice from fellow Cathe fans but I have never had problems losing weight before.. it fell of ... this time it seems to want to cling on me for dear life!

I go too the Doctor in October and not sure if I should get estrogen or not there are so many Pros and Cons too it
Really could use your view on this!
Thanks
Tracie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.