Les Mills Pump Beachbody released

What's the barbell like

I posted a few clips I made with my flip camera.

This is the squat track from Pump Revolution. I have the workout set to music "pumped up" so you can't hear the instructor. You have the option of normal music and you can hear all the chatter.;)
VID00031.AVI - YouTube

Here is a chest track clip from Pump & Shred

VID00032.AVI - YouTube

All I can say is the music in this series is incredible!!!
The workouts look like a lot of fun and hard work (depending on the weight you choose)!
The workout segments are led by different Les Mills instructors.

Here is a sample list of music from Pump Extreme

Evacuate the Dance Floor (Cascada)
Pump Up the Jam (Techtronic)
Bad Case of Loving You (Robert Palmer)
Raise Your Glass (Pink)
Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Let Me Be Myself

What is the quality and length of the barbell set? Does it disassemble for storage?

I'm waiting for this barbell set to come back into stock but maybe I'll go with the Les Mills barbell...

http://www.wayfair.com/Troy-Barbell-Lite-Workout-Set-TLW-40G-TBT1290.html

Thx,
DR

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the length. It's definitely shorter than our traditional barbells.
I'm pretty sure these were designed for a large class, so they are shorter. The barbell comes in two pieces and it screws together. The set is very nice, but it is not commercial quality.
Also should note: the plates they are using in the video have 3 open slots, but the plates BB sends have two. Look at the picture on BB's site, they are different from the plates in the video.
I've always wanted a troy light set (plates have 3 open slots) and I ordered a set this week... because I want it that bad!:D I still would have bought this set for this price. I think they workouts are worth the price alone!
Sad to say the music may have ruined me for other workouts.
I'm probably going to take pump classes at my local Gold's Gym early spring, after the New Year's crowd weeds out. ;)

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the length. It's definitely shorter than our traditional barbells.
I'm pretty sure these were designed for a large class, so they are shorter. The barbell comes in two pieces and it screws together. The set is very nice, but it is not commercial quality.
Also should note: the plates they are using in the video have 3 open slots, but the plates BB sends have two. Look at the picture on BB's site, they are different from the plates in the video.
I've always wanted a troy light set (plates have 3 open slots) and I ordered a set this week... because I want it that bad!:D I still would have bought this set for this price. I think they workouts are worth the price alone!
Sad to say the music may have ruined me for other workouts.
I'm probably going to take pump classes at my local Gold's Gym early spring, after the New Year's crowd weeds out. ;)

Thanks for the info!

Have you tried the quick release locks that come with the Les Mills pump set? Are they of good quality?

From where did you order your Troy set?

I wish Cathe would make some body pump videos using the step! I have an older Firm video that uses a barbell with a step box and it is one of my favorites.

Seems like no one is making any barbell workouts anymore including Cathe and Jari Love. I love working with the barbell as it is a nice change from the ubiquitous dumbbell workouts that are available.

DennyR

I ordered the Troy lite set with quick release clips from here:
http://www.fitness1st.com/Troy-Bars.html

But I haven't heard from them and they have not charged my CC. :(
I'm calling them in a few to see if they are in stock and if they take orders from private individuals.

The quick release clips that came with the BB bar are GREAT! Very easy to use. :D

Update:
I called Fitness 1st and they do take orders from private individuals. They do not have all the components to the set I ordered. The sales rep said they will contact me when they hear from their supplier.

Last edited:
I got it! Yippee!

Hubby just finished opening it....can't wait until Sunday to start my program!! 6 weeks of Pump (maybe longer, just depends on when my DD, Kayla, is close to delivery of our 1st grandbaby, Ivan).

Anyone else starting a Pump rotation?

Denise

how long

how long are these workouts? I don't think I could do them if they are 60 minutes!

how long are these workouts? I don't think I could do them if they are 60 minutes!

There are only 2 that are 55 minutes, one that is 45, and the rest are 20 & 30 minutes.
I did Pump & Shred yesterday and it was 45 minutes. The time went by fast. The only negative I have to say is they didn't work the biceps & triceps directly. The chest presses and push-ups worked the arms and the plank work during the ab section.
I have butt and inner thigh DOMS this morning. I loaded all the weight on the bar for the squat & lunge segments and felt challenged.:)

Started my Les Mills Pump rotation today!

Today was just the Flow workout. I did do 30 minutes of Kelly Coffey Meyers new Step Boxing workout first to get nice and warmed up. I'm not following their rotation, I'm doing my own. The first 3 weeks, I'm doing the 30 minute Pump workout on Mondays and Fridays and then the 20 minute one done twice on Wednesdays. The last 3 weeks, I'm doing the last 3 weight workouts in the set, once per week on Mon/Wed/Friday. I'm doing the ab workouts on the same day as the weights. I will be adding in cardio, such as kickboxing and walking. I'm ready....2012, bring it on!

Denise

For those of you who received the bonus Pump: Core, is it worth it to try and get a set that has this bonus? TIA!

For those of you who received the bonus Pump: Core, is it worth it to try and get a set that has this bonus? TIA!

If I remember correctly, the bonus workout wasn't much longer than 10 minutes. I think the original core workout is sufficient enough, IMHO. :) Plus all the workouts end with a 5 minute core workout before going into the stretch segment.

I am starting week 4 of my Pump rotation and I'm still loving the workouts! I sure hope they make more full length, 55-60 minute, Pump workouts. :D

Denise

If I remember correctly, the bonus workout wasn't much longer than 10 minutes. I think the original core workout is sufficient enough, IMHO. :) Plus all the workouts end with a 5 minute core workout before going into the stretch segment.

I am starting week 4 of my Pump rotation and I'm still loving the workouts! I sure hope they make more full length, 55-60 minute, Pump workouts. :D

Denise

Thanks for your response! I'm glad to hear your still loving these workouts, they sound great.

BAD NEWS!! I really like the bar but the clips are CRAP! I completed my 12th workout Friday (4 weeks of Pump, 3x weekly) and one of the clips just stopped working. Thank goodness I wasn't hurt when it fell off the bar and the weight came off with it! Then the other clip stopped working after my workout concluded and I went to lower my weights out. They don't stay closed at all. There is literally no tension to keep it closed. After my workout, I grabbed both of them and took them upstairs and threw them on the bed where hubby was studying. I said "see anything wrong with these" and he was like "they don't have a grip, won't stay closed". I told him about the incident (he said he heard the commotion, thought it was one of the dogs, ha) and then proceeded to order new clips for another $20 from Amazon. Grr, this is so disappointing!! I still LOVE the workouts and hope they make more, but the clips are a no go! :(

Denise

Denise,
That's stinks, but doesn't surprise me.
I bought the clips from amazon before my BB crappy clips gave out. The clips from Amazon are awesome and they fit my BB bar and my troy lite.

My Troy lite weight set finally shipped! OMG, I absolutely love my troy lite set.:D:D I'm still using the BB bar though...I like the padded bar. It's nice to have two barbells and the extra weights. I use both during the workout.

Les Mills in the house!

Hello Ladies,
Mine came yesterday. I hesitate to open to weights that came with them in case I don't like the workouts they will be easier to send back, and since reading here I see that the clips are "ca-ca"...lol. I LOVE Cathe's Power Hour and think that perhaps these will be like that....My daughter was in NZ last summer and came home alllll a buzz about Les Mills Body Jam/Pump! So, I figure if I don't care for the workouts I can always send them her way....Wish me luck!

I am glad you got yours and look forward to hearing what you think of it. I would really like to get the dvds, but don't want the barbell...just seems like a waste to me since I already have one. I don't understand why they do not sell just the dvds by themselves! Oh well...maybe someone will get tired of them and sell them on ebay...that's what I will wait for!:)

Have fun!

Hi,

I see these offered all the time on Ebay, but they are different numbers? All go for a lot of money. What is the numbering system? I would like a set of the DVD's only since I already have many bars, including the Troy Lite set.

Deb

Hi,

I see these offered all the time on Ebay, but they are different numbers? All go for a lot of money. What is the numbering system? I would like a set of the DVD's only since I already have many bars, including the Troy Lite set.

Deb

The numbered Les Mills are the instructor dvd/cds. They are only available to Les Mills certified instructors. The instructors are not suppose to sell them to the public but they end up on eBay because they sell for a lot of money. The numbers are the order in which they were filmed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.