Les Mills Pump...any more reviews??

Now that some time has passed I was wondering if anyone had anything else to say about Pump. Like it? Not like it? I am still on the fence mainly because I don't want to purchase the barbell and pay so much for shipping. Power Hour is one of my all time favorite Cathe workouts and I also like Michele Carmichael's Fuel series.
So is it a yes, a no or a maybe--which is where I am now.
Thanks for any opinions, info.

Hi PhyllisG, I purchased Les Mills Pump and honestly, I do not like it that much. There are tons of repetitions and every workout is basically the same with maybe adding shoulders here and there. I found the workouts boring - the music is great. In fact, I was so bored with them that I went back to doing Supreme 90 which is an awesome system (then I will be doing STS). So for variety, I'll do a high reps/low weight workout -the Les Mills DVDs. Cathe's High Reps is much more fun for me. The ab workouts are different, so again for variety I'll do their abs DVD.

You mention that you like Power Hour, so I think you enjoy lifting heavier weights, then maybe you will not enjoy these - I'm the same I like heavier weights and slow but for muscle confusion I will do some high reps and lighter weights. I've gotten great results with Supreme 90, Chalean Extreme and, of course, STS and these encourage the use of heavy weights. I did Pump for 1 month and I noticed that I lost some strength when I started doing Supreme 90 again.

I hope this helps.

Margarita

Now that some time has passed I was wondering if anyone had anything else to say about Pump. Like it? Not like it? I am still on the fence mainly because I don't want to purchase the barbell and pay so much for shipping. Power Hour is one of my all time favorite Cathe workouts and I also like Michele Carmichael's Fuel series.
So is it a yes, a no or a maybe--which is where I am now.
Thanks for any opinions, info.

Hi PhyllisG,

When I was a member at they gym, I took the U.S. version of PUMP, which was Body Training Systems (BTS) Group Power. I absolutely loved that class! So, when I heard BeachBody was coming out with a home version of PUMP, I was excited! However, because of the price, I was on the fence about buying it and decided to wait for reviews. After reading several reviews, I finally bit the bullet and bought the system.

I have absolutely NO regrets! I love it! :eek: It's just like I thought it would be - great music, high reps/lower (but still challenging!) weight, and the workout flies by! I do wish the system came with more than two 55-min dvds, but hopefully they will release more 50-60 minute dvds in the future. I'm happy with everything that came in the set. The barbell is very nice. It is padded and the clips are easy to use. There is also a 30-min and 45-min PUMP dvd...although they are not as long, I still enjoy them the same and are good to use on days you do not have much time. Sometimes I do the 30-min PUMP dvd and couple it with the Sports Attack or other Cathe cardio dvd.

Yes, there are a lot of repetitions, but it is a high rep workout. Some people do not prefer that style of training, so it may not be for everyone. I like both endurance and strength training, so eventually, I will throw in a heavier weight workout along with my PUMP workouts every week. Right now, I am using PUMP exclusively.

I have noticed single dvds being sold on Ebay. If you wanted to try just one, you might look at purchasing one dvd thru Ebay instead of buying the entire set.

If you have other questions, feel free to ask or PM me!

-T

Last edited:
I really like this set as well, I did a one month rotation of it before starting STS and saw some good results. I think the barbell is of nice quality, it is certainly nicer than my old $99 set from Sports Authority, and I like that it is padded and shorter, my plates from the old set fit on it as well.

I am planning on combining it with Cathe High Reps after I am done with STS. Personally I don't think I could do the 3 month program using only the pump videos, but I think they are great to mix in with other things.

To revive an older thread. I am still curious about these and wonder what you all think now. Anyone not liking them? Let me know. I am still interested in getting these--the DVDs actually not the barbell.

I borrowed the longer DVDs and did Pump & Shred. I liked it. I would be interested in acquiring only the longer 4 DVDs--Shred, Revolution, Extreme and Burn. I have been working out with Cathe forever and a change is always good. I have Michele Carmichael's Fuel series and enjoy it. She is a Pump instructor so I am familiar with their style. I had a good time this a.m with Shred!

fox2star said:
Hi,

I never bought from one of the coaches, what is the benefit?

Hi,

I'm a coach. When you order from a coach, the coach is then assigned to you and is supposed to motivate you and answer your questions. If the coach is unresponsive, you can always choose another coach. Also, when you order from a coach, you sometimes get free bonus workouts (e.g. if you order Insanity through a coach, you get the 20-minute Fast and Furious bonus workout.)

Hope that helps.

As far as I know the coaches aren't offering this deal right now. I spoke to Mary at totalfitnessdvds.com and she couldn't find any info about this. I called BB and they said the coaches don't have this right now and they don't know if they will in the future. I ordered from BB and received the DVDs in 5 days. The guy on the phone knew about the offer and I had no problems. I am starting the rotation this a.m.

Yes Karie I bought this without the equipment--just the DVDs and 2 books about nutrition and the program rotation etc.Someone on videofitness posted the info. She saw it on an infomercial.
I called 1 800 217 2681. The CS rep knew all about it and I had no problem ordering.It was $90 plus $14.95 S&H plus local sales tax.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.