Les Mills Combat on its way to me!

So far, I'm loving Combat! I've done Combat 30 two times, and both times I was sore afterwards. I was surprised, because it didn't seem too fast paced and I was able to do the entire thing, though I was sweating and out of breath at the end. I did Power HIIT 1 today, and I liked it too. But, I was surprised that it had a brief weight section. I expected it to be all cardio. I like the cast and so far the moves have been really fun.

What about the music in them?

I tried to pay attn to the music in Kickstart but I was so busy with the work out that I have no idea how the music was! LOL That being said, in genergal, as long as the music doesn't annoy me (which it did not in this work out!) it's all good. That's all I really care about. The music in the Slim Series and Barry's Boot Camp, for example, totally aggravates me. TG for the Music Off option in those series! ;)

How many sets are there i thought it was only body pump then now combat? Now i would b co.fused at what to order. They really need to put video clips up so we can know more.
With that being said what series seems to give u more high heart rate or at least keeps u sweating more? Hope im not irritating u woth questions. Thanks for ur time !

How many sets are there i thought it was only body pump then now combat? Now i would b co.fused at what to order. They really need to put video clips up so we can know more.
With that being said what series seems to give u more high heart rate or at least keeps u sweating more? Hope im not irritating u woth questions. Thanks for ur time !

Beach Body has put out "2" Les Mills sets. First was Body Pump (weight lifting) and now Combat (martial arts based). You may hear that Body Pump had a set of extra cardio workouts that you could mix into the weights and one was a "Combat" workout. However, that was still part of Body Pump. So, only 2 sets have been released: Body Pump and Combat. In answer to your question, Combat would get your heart rate up more because the set is nearly 95% cardio (with Hiit 1 having some weight work plus if you get the deluxe workouts you'll get 1 upper and 1 lower body weight dvd). On the other hand, Body Pump is weight training and you add in your own cardio (or buy the couple add ons for that set which are cardio workouts---see above) I am LOVING Combat right now!!

Hope that helps!

Denise

Thanks to the suggestions here, I ordered this set and received it today. I'll do the first workout tomorrow. I'm looking forward to having something new to do. I also ordered XTrain, but I think I'm going to try to do the 60 day Combat rotation and then move on to that.

Quick question for those who have this set...do you do the workouts with hand weights? If so, what brand do you have and what weight do you like using?

Thank you,
Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.