Left vs right side question

larks mom

Cathlete
Is this normal? When doing 1RM tests today for upper body I found I could do at least 4 more reps on the left side than right side (I'm right-handed). I wrote down the 1RM for the different sides but only "saved" the weaker side. Should I work on getting the right side stronger to match the left or treat the sides differently according to their current strenghts? And how would/could I make the sides equal in strength?

If you're a Mom (which from your sign-in name it looks like:D) because of carrying the little one around say on your left side in order to keep your right-hand free for tasks, the left side is often stronger.

If you're a Mom (which from your sign-in name it looks like:D) because of carrying the little one around say on your left side in order to keep your right-hand free for tasks, the left side is often stronger.

Thanks, good theory :D, but not in my case. I was never blessed with human children--only dogs. Yes, Lark is my dog. I rarely carry her. At least it sounds like it could be normal for a person to be stronger on one side or the other, I'm grateful. Should I ignore the difference?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.