LauraMax

Has anyone heard from LauraMax? I know she lives somewhere on the east coast and I'm hoping she's ok. I pm'd her but haven't heard back.

Hi Deb! I've "seen" her on FB. She was without electricity for awhile but I do know she's okay! :) I'm still not believing the devastation from the storm! :(

Hi Deb, Deb & Jen! :p I'm doing much better now, thanks. I was w/o power for 9 days & it was pretty brutal. Cold. Had to buy a kerosene heater so once I get through the mountain of laundry from having to wear 4 layers of clothes each day, I have to get all that icky soot out of my house. The food situation got a little scary towards the end there too.

But I will make you guys laugh. I would've traded the heat for the TV in a second. I follow every second of a campaign for a year & I lose power in the last week & couldn't watch the returns come in. How stressed was I Tuesday night? LOL!

Anyway, I am one of the lucky ones. It was very uncomfortable, inconvenient & expensive, but I had no propery loss or even damage, which is a wonderful thing. There are still many suffering here. There are something like 50K people without homes. It's a very sad situation. :(

Laura - glad to hear everything has resolved. I was out for just a couple of days and it was crazy. I have DVDs of news coverage the first couple of days after, as well as of election night (the returns and the speeches) that someone graciously recorded for me. Let me know - I'd be happy to make you copies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.