L&G on Timesaver vs. Legs and Glutes DVD

amy_b

Cathlete
Hi,
I have been doing the Timesaver Legs and Glutes and it looks like the L&G dvd has the same exercises but maybe additional sets? What is the difference? I'm trying to decide if I should buy the DVD w/ L&G on it or just reprogram the timesaver DVD to repeat some sets. The good news is that I am geting some benefit from the TS L&G. I can see that my legs are looking leaner and more toned. I'd like to add another legs set. Maybe I'll ask for the CTX series for my birthday or Pyramids.

I would go for the pyramids or CTX. You can always rearrange/repeat some exercises on the timesaver DVD to get a harder leg workout L&G . But if you want variety, plus upper body and/or cardio options, try Pyramid or CTX DVD.

PS I still do not own CTX but it will be my next purchase. The comments on this series have been VERY positive.
Judy
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

L&G has additional exercises that are not on the Timesaver workout. I can't remember them all right now, but there are explosive plies, explosive lunges, one legged deadlifts, and some additional standing work with ankle weights, to name a few. The L&G DVD also has Kick Punch and Crunch on it, which is a great workout. The premixes for L&G include some with additional sets, and there are also some really good premixes with parts of L&G and KPC together. It's a great DVD, and I'm glad that I have both Timesave and L&G/KPC. On the other hand, CTX has Leaner Legs, which is a great, tough workout, and also Power Circuit, which also has lower body work (also, with CTX, you get great, short, intense cardio workouts, and upper body work). L&G, Leaner Legs and Power Circuit are more endurance, whereas the Pyramids are more strength. They're all great though; you really can't go wrong!

I just wanted to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the CTX series DVD. I really like the Timesaver too, but I'm still reaching for the CTX DVD all the time.

How often are you doing L&G? Just curious as I liked what you had to say about your legs looking leaner and more toned.

TIA

Sue<><

Hi, Sue,
I'm working out 6 days a week, doing L&G 2x/week. I want to be doing a rotation, but right now I'm just doing the hardest thing I think I can do that day. This week, I did Imax2, L&G TS + the step section of TS1, Cardio & Weights, Stepblast, Bootcamp, so tomorrow will most likely be L&G TS plus Muscle Endurance upper body mix.
The only bad thing is that this level of workout is keeping me really hungry!! On my rest days, I don't feel hungry at all.
The best to you!
Amy

I just did Timesaver day #5 the other day, and refreshed my feeling that L&G is WAY better! There are a bunch of exercises on it that aren't on the timesaver dvd. But, I would have to say that Leaner Legs is the best lower body workout followed closely behind by Pyramid Lower Body.

I finally did both L&G and TS 5 to see the different exercises. L&G has these that are not on TS 5: Drop Squats on High Step
Explosive Plie Squats (with curtsey lunge)
Calf Raise
One Legged Deadlift
Plie Squats (traditional)
Sculpting drills
Explosive Lunges
Outer thigh Leg Press on High Step w/ank wts
Calf Raises
And TS 5 has added some not on L&G: Barbell Squats from SJP
Kick Butt lunges (right side)
One legged squats (right side)
Kick Butt lunges (left side)
One legged squat (left side)
No wonder I seem to have more energy for the ankle weight portion when doing TS 5....:)...Carole

L&G has given me great results as someone said lean look. The other tapes are great LL, PLB, but I've just never had these results. Legs are the toughest area for me to tone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.