KK's June Check-In

Good morning Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

I'm back from our weekend black powder shoot. We had a very, very nice relaxing time. DH and I had fun throwing the hawk and knife on the course, then switched to pistol for him (my pistol needs some work with a gunsmith for some new sights) and then he and I went out and shot the pistol course. Neither one of us shot that well, we don't do it often enough or practice at all, but we had lots of fun. I also made a yummy caramel apple dumpling dessert that everyone loved. We got back home yesterday afternoon, cleared out the trailer and will clean up the trailer later on.

Yesterday, I did Imax2 and then abs from ME. Today's workout was CTX chest and tris and then Muscle Max chest and tries. I did all the pushups on my toes, didn't even attempt the on toes ones. Just wimpy on those today. Anyway, good workout and I'm feeling it.

Karen, enjoy Imax2 today. The time went by pretty fast for me on Imax2 yesterday. It has been a long time since I've done the complete workout. This rotation is pushing me to do these things! I'm glad your hip is better too. No fun to have any nagging twinges.

I'm puffy today. I had forgotten to take my vitamins and supplements while I was gone, though I'd packed them so wondering if that has anything to do with it. The B6 and evening primrose really seem to help me. I'll flush with lots of water today.

Must go now, I have my century bike ride on Saturday and hope to be strong for it.

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Jeanie & Natalie!:)

Really sounds like fun, Jeanette. Am so glad that the weekend was relaxing and it sounds so fun. Nice to take the trailer and get away from it all like that -- the dessert -- apple dumplings -- sounds scrumptious. Yum...

Sorry to hear you're puffy today -- hope the supplements and extra water help. I'm feeling pretty puffy, too, but I don't have an excuse -- I'm just following a low carb diet right now until I get back to a weight that's acceptable -- I'm about 4 pounds overweight right now. I'll settle for losing 2 lbs, though. Supplements can really make a difference, I think. I know they do with me. With me, I need my vitamin B1 every night before I go to bed, or I have dreams -- sometimes they're strange...and then I don't sleep well and so every night I have my B1.

IMAX2 is really one of my favorites -- it's just a fun workout. Didn't get alot of sleep last night and so I took it easy on IMAX2 today -- did lo versions of many of the moves, simply cause I was a little wiped.

Writing went well today, though -- and I needed a day where I was able to put in more pages than usual -- we'll see tomorrow how much editing those pages need.:+

My daughter got both her workouts and the weighted gloves today, and she's excited about it. Yea! Am so glad that she's getting into working out -- kickboxing is her favorite.

These rotations look like really good ones, Jeanette -- definitely going to make CTX my next purchase.

Have a wonderful day, everybody! And super workouts!:7

Good morning,
Today's workout was Cardio & Weights (step only) and then CTX All Step (most of it anyway) and then the planks and abs from CTX Power Circuit. Good workout. More steady state cardio today. I plan on getting out on my bike after work. It's getting warmer and I need to acclimate to riding in the heat on Saturday for my century ride.

Karen, glad the writing went well. You are sooo disciplined, I admire that greatly. Glad you liked Imax2. I also modify some of the high impact. Doesn't bother me a bit to modify and help my body avoid extra impact.

Must go now, great workouts to all today. Hi Rhea, hope you aren't too swamped at work.

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Natalie & Jeanie!:)

It was another good day with writing, but my blood sugar levels gave me some trouble today. But still wrote enough pages to satisfy me.

My daughter called me during workout time and so I had to do a shorter workout than ME, so I chose Push/Pull -- it's only 44 minutes and it's a good full body workout -- for those days when you're pressed on time.

Interesting rotation, Jeannete, using things from several different workouts, plus CTX. Have you seen any results with it yet -- probably too early to see what it's doing, but I'm interested.

Am planning to go to bed early tonight and up early tomorrow to get in more writing time. In truth, Jeanette, if you had a deadline and it HAD to be done on time, you'd do it. Look at all the discipline you have with working out and the biking... You'd do it -- it's really just a matter of putting in the time and getting those pages written. Trouble is, I keep putting it off till the last minute.:+

Rhea, hope all is well with you and that you're not working too terribly hard.

Have a great evening, everyone and a super day tomorrow.:7

Hi Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

It was Muscle Max back and biceps, then CTX back and biceps for me. Good workout. I repeated MM to get a full hour of back and bicep work in. Karen, I'm still battling my water weight (guess that's what it is, so muscles don't seem as defined yet). Am feeling better. I had a blah stomach a couple days ago that's almost gone now. Also a headache along with it. Lots of people have been getting this bug so feel like I got off easy. Did a bike ride (hill climb) last night in the heat. I'm glad I got it in cuz it's going to be hot this weekend for my century. Where the heat gets you is on the climbs when you aren't moving fast enough for air to circulate and cool you down. Even a wind helps in those cases, but when it's still, you really feel the heat. Usually it takes me a week or so to acclimate to I'm hoping to do okay on Saturday.

Karen, hope you got a good night's sleep in. Push/pull sounds fun too. Are you still doing the coconut oil? When you say blood sugar problems, what symptoms do you have?

Must get going now. Have a haircut after work today and then will help DH on the Bowflex tonite.

Great workouts today,

Jeanette :7

Good morning all!

Been absent from all my check-ins since I've been so darn busy trying to fit in golf with the workouts and work. I've decided that I probably just can't fit it all in, so I'm quitting work. HAHAHA....Nope, I wish it was that way.

Let's see, Monday was a short day at work so I played golf with husband and then worked out to Kathy Smith's Foundations and the upper body/abs section. I think I'm sticking to shorter, little less intense workouts for the summer. I'll be throwing in an anerobic type workout once a week if I can. Yesterday was 18 holes of golf; it was pretty warm with no breeze, so I'm pooped today. Not sure what will be today.

Well, must get going have too much to do this morning. Have great days everyone!

LOL -- you really got me on the "quitting work." Really good to see you here, Rhea. We've been wondering about you -- I even went to WHFN to see if you were posting there and decided you were simply too busy. Good to see you hanging in there with the workouts, though. Golf sounds wonderful and de-stressing. Is it?

Jeanette, the low blood sugar symtoms I get are varied -- sometimes, it's a hunger that just won't be satiatied (did I spell that right?). Yesterday, however, it was dizziness and just unable to really think well and concentrate. I've discovered two things that help: one is cinnamon -- 1/4 teap. a day -- the other is a soaked/sprouted grain (cracker or Eziekiel bread) with lots of raw butter. Within about 10 minutes, the symptoms go away usually.

Didn't have the low blood sugar symtoms today, but maybe that's because first thing when I got up after breakfast, I had 1/4 teap. of cinnamon and soaked bread with raw butter. Wish I didn't get these things, but at least I know some things that seem to keep it at bay.

Those climbs sound really hard, Jeanette. Hope you have an easy time of it, though. As always, I so admire your dedication. I know what you mean about the wind, as I feel the same way when I'm running. A wind is a blessing as it keeps you cool. Just thought about running, I haven't run in a while -- I'll have to start doing that again. I tend to get into ruts... :eek:

Hope you are pleased with your haircut -- mine needs cutting right now, but I don't want to take the time away from writing. Today was a pretty good day writing -- plot problems again, but they resolved themselves -- sort of -- I'll have to go and check it all tomorrow.:eek:

Love hearing about those workouts, Jeanette and Rhea. Took another look at the CTX series, and really want it now. Have to save up for it, though.

Have a super day and great workouts, everyone.:7

Hi ladies:

Rhea, so good to hear from you. Glad you're getting to golf. I'm sooo with you on quitting work!! Yes, it has been warm and getting more so, I'm afraid. Are you getting to work in your yard and on your pond?

Karen, good that you know what to do for the low blood sugar thing. I used to be just starving and would come home and feel like ripping the cabinet doors off to find something to eat. Never feel that way anymore as I eat small meals pretty often. Here lately, I've had that really blah stomach. I didn't get the bad stomach bug that's been going around just a slight icky feeling in the stomach. Also had a headache along with it. Other folks had the really bad screaming headache, diarhea, vomiting, etc. Also worked DH on the Bowflex last night.

Today's workout was Timesaver step from #1 and #2 (both fun), then added on Rhythmic Step combo #2, then finished with SJP abs and planks from Timesaver. Don't think I'd ever done that one before (SJP abs). Today will be an easy spin on the bike with our ladies group. Have to have fresh legs for Saturday's century. It will be warm, I'm afraid. I will start working on the hydration on Friday. I also ride with a Camelbak so I can drink on the bike, a bottle of Cytomax (sports drink) and every couple hours, I take a couple of endurolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium, etc). The heat usually doesn't bother me too much, the climbs can be hot but bearable.

Karen, my haircut turned out fine. I usually have it cut every 6 weeks so it stays nice and healthy. Thanks for asking. Hope the writing goes well for you today. Today is my Friday (yahoo).

Jeanette

What an interesting workout, Jeanette. I don't have the TimeSaver any more -- gave it to my daughter -- so I'd have to go another one -- and I have SJP, but also haven't done the abs on it yet.

Saturday's century sounds like it could be a tough one if it's warm. Here's hoping that if it is warm, there's a good wind. Sounds like you really know what you're doing to stay hydrated.

Oh, and yes, I'm still on that diet, though I'm not being very strict on myself -- I'm doing more low carb than anything -- but this is a low carb diet -- your oils are restricted to coconut, seseme or olive or butter. Oh, and I think flax, too. Weight isn't high, it did come down, and is right now at the high end of what I consider "normal." But again, I'm not really paying much attention.

That's great that your haircut turned out well -- I always fret when I go to the hairdresser, but goodness knows I need to go.

Am hoping that the blood sugar will stablize out pretty soon. I think it started acting up when I was on the liver cleanse and was eating almost all veggies and fruit -- I think it was all the fruit that sent me over the edge.

Anyway, it was ME for me today and that went well -- have forgotten how much I love that workout. It's a tough one for me, so I always feel good when it's done.

Writing was tough today and so I'm looking forward to tomorrow -- and am hoping it goes better.

Well, happy workouts, everyone -- and have a super day.:7

Oops, I thought I posted yesterday! I must have been interrupted and never finished.

Hmm, haven't done an official workout since Monday. Was too tired on Weds from Tues to workout at all. I think the heat got to me. I think I already told you that too!

Okay, yesterday, I ended up golfing again. But I made sure that I had a cup of ice water with me the entire time. It was hot. Phew. My eating has been horrendous lately though. That darn ice cream gets me every time. My step-daughter got her dad a bunch of ice cream for father's day (was a funny since I must have mentioned to her that he is not allowed to grocery shop by himself because he will load up on ice cream) She got the good stuff....Haagen Das, Ben and Jerrys. The Haagen Das cookie dough jumped into my mouth. But it did cool me off! At least I ate it before I went golfing....I was floored to read the calorie content. I think I had about 600 cals worth :eek:

So today, I'm going to try to ignore the ice cream in the freezer. I stocked up on fruits and veggies, so I have no excuse.

Tomorrow we are pouring concrete. About 5 yards. It will be interesting to see how fast we have to work because of the heat. It is coming at 8:00 a.m., so it won't be 100, but this morning it was already 72 at 8:00, not a cool day.

Well, enough rambling. Have a great weekend everyone!

Good morning,

Today's workout was ME shoulders (2X) and then Timesaver shoulders. I definitely felt the fatigue so that's good, huh? Also tacked on Cathe's Body Fusion Step #1 (just wanted to move my legs a little, used no risers) and then did Yoga Crunch.

Rhea, yep it will be a hot one today. Wouldn't you know it, the hottest day so far will be tomorrow, just in time for my century ride in Chester/Greenville/Taylorsville. I'm hydrating up plenty today in preparation. The worst part is the climb back up from Greenville to Canyon Dam as you're going pretty slow and just tend to bake. What are you pouring concrete for? You guys always have some project going! DH is making a wood splitter for my BIL. We're going camping next weekend so will try to scope out our spot again this weekend and clear the limbs out of the way. Hope the heat has dried up the meadow some so the skeeters won't be so bad. Oh yeah, stay out of the ice cream. I used to be a big ice cream eater. I would bring it home from the store and it'd be melty on the top. You can eat a lot of that soft ice cream in a very short time. I don't even buy it any more. How has your DH done on South Beach (think that's what it was?)

Karen, hope the writing is better today. I don't know much about blood sugar problems. Just glad I don't have them. I used to have to eat something before working out in the morning, now all I need is coffee and my beloved fat-free vanilla creamer. I thought of you as Push/Pull was on FitTV this morning with Cathe. Looks fun and like it has lots of variety. I do like stuff on the ball too.

Must go now, have tons to do today, why am I still on the computer and it's almost 11?

Jeanette

Nice to hear from you again, Rhea. Hi Jeanette! Wow, sounds like your heat up there is similar to ours down here -- only thing is that I am working inside with the AC and so I don't often get out in it -- I really should get out more -- didn't even go out of the house today -- but I got my page count done -- yea!

Yes, it does sound like you have alot of projects going on Rhea -- hope you guys get the concrete poured before the heat of the day starts.

Jeanette, I will be thinking about you tomorrow and the century ride. I really hope it won't be too hot. Let us know how it goes.

Oh, Rhea, if you really want to stop eating ice cream, pick up the book, THE MILK BOOK, The Milk of Human Kindness is not Pasturized -- and read what it has to say about ice cream ingredients -- cured me... We make out own now -- and I have to admit that knowing that its ingredients are good has my hand in it a bit more than it should be. Truly, is there a better dessert?

Wow, 11 and still on the computer, huh, Jeanette? Got up early today and got the pages done -- about 5 PM. Yea.

Anyway, something I noticed on doing IMAX3 today -- I think my strength is building up again. I noticed it yesterday on ME and today on IMAX3 -- I could have done it on a 6" step I think -- always use the 4" step for IMAX3. It's taken me that long to build up to that again -- what's it been now? 2 months that I've been home. But it was a bit of a win, since when I came back, I was a little out of it -- even though I'd been exercising all along.

Okay, so tomorrow is a circuit sort of workout for me -- don't know which one I'll do as of yet -- but some sort of circuit -- have a radio interview at 10 and then I'm off to do chores -- am hoping to get up early and get a few pages written before I have to go off for the day.

Have a terrific day, everyone! And Jeanette, Go Get 'em.

:7

Hi Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

DEFINITE rest day for me today, except I will be doing a yoga of some type. Also need to clean the camp trailer, little housework, etc.

Okay, yesterday's bike ride: Turned out to be 110 miles, guess I'd forgotten that from a few years ago. It was the hardest ride I've done. I'm sure feeling it today, tight hamstrings, tight lower back, sore big toe, BUT it was my best time. I rode it all by myself, no drafting (drafting can ease the intensity by 30% I've read) and the temps were in the mid 90's on the flats. The scenery was absolutely spectacular, traffic fairly low (non-existent on some parts, I thought I was in the twilight zone). The one last climb (9 miles long) was a real cooker. One guy had a computer on his bike with a thermometer and he said at the hottest point, it was 118 degrees on the pavement. That's the point that I pulled over to side and took a breather. I knew I was near the top of the climb. Another rider had pulled over in the shade (there was finally some shade) and didn't feel well at all. I talked to him for a little while and then we set back off for the top. The rest area was only less than a mile away and when I got in, I actually starting to feel the chills so I dumped all kinds of water on my head to cool off. Waited a while, ate watermelon, salty snacks, a cookie, more sports drink, took some more electrolytes and took off. The rest of the ride (there was only had about 15 miles to go) was on rollers, with lots of air flow around me so no more problems with the heat. I did get a few thigh cramps, but got off at one point and stretched, then was able to manage them to the end. Just was glad there was no more climbing to go. Also, my big toe on my right foot was hurting. I think I need to try moving the cleats on the bottom of my cyclig shoes back more toward the ball of my foot and see if that helps.

Anyhow, I arrived at the finish in pretty good shape, though happy to get off the bike. We were rewarded with a spaghetti dinner which was really yummy, also got to enjoy some live music and meet some other cyclists and hopefully hook up with them on future rides.

My stats:

Total riding (on the bike) time: 6 hours, 45 minutes
Total miles: 110 miles
Top speed: 37.5 mph
Average Speed: 16.4 mph

This is the fastest I've ever ridden and by myself too so I'm pretty happy about that, but I much prefer company. Don't know what I would have done without my mp3 player. I kept only one earbud in and ride with a mirror on my glasses so I can see the traffic coming behind. There were a lot of Susanville people that rode this, but no one else attempted the century because of the heat.

Something else to look forward to, I have a massage after work tomorrow. PERFECT!

Karen, hope writing was good for you yesterday and way to go on building endurance to do Imax3. Hope the radio interview went well.

Great workouts or rest today, okay?

Jeanette

Decided to do Slim Series Cool It Off as she has wonderful stretches in this one and holds them longer, which I like. Feel better already.

Jeanette

Wow! Super Wow! Way to go, Jeanette. 110 miles in 6+ hours in 90 degree weather. Wow! I'm glad that the scenery was great, at least you had that -- interesting that you did the ride all by yourself, as well. I think you deserve a good stretch and a good massage after all that. Enjoyed reading about the ride, too, Jeanette -- made me feel as though I were there. Again, WOW and high five!:p

My weekend was somewhat quiet -- my hubby and I went to see "Click" last night. Actually, I didn't enjoy it very much -- but then I wasn't feeling all that great, either. But I found it to be a little depressing and we didn't stay till the end -- like I said, I just wasn't feeling well. One movie that I have enjoyed recently, though, is Nacho Libre, which was very cute. Saturday I did the FIRM Calorie Killer with Nancy Tucker.

Today, was my day off, so to speak. I cleaned house and then went shopping at Macy's -- the last day for me to get an extra 20% off even sale items -- love those kinds of sales. Oh, and went for a long, 1 1/2 hour walk. Monday through Friday, I hardly ever go outside at all and so this was nice.

So, want to post what I plan to do for the upcoming week:

Monday: IMAX 2 -- just because I so love this workout

Tuesday: ME -- want to keep this one on my rotation for a while -- still feel like I'm working up to it

Wednesday: A walk or some cardio for 30 minutes and then a stretch

Thursday: Supersets or Push/Pull

Friday: IMAX or Sprint 8 outside if there is no pollen and it's not too horribly hot

Saturday: KPC premix or Tae Bo or a Turbo Jam

Sunday: Off

Have a great day everyone and super workouts!
:7

Good morning,
Today's workout was CTX chest & triceps, All Step abs. I did triceps twice. I was busy trying to see the Coure D'Alene, Idaho Ironman results so got hung up. A friend of mine competed there yesterday. Anyway, my workout was shorter due to monkeying with the computer.

Had a good day yesterday. DH and I got the swamp cooler going, new pads, belt, hooked up so the house was cooler last night. Should be near 100 today. I also have a massage right after work, something to look forward to. I'm less stiff this morning, thanks to stretching yesterday and also DH and I went to the woods and looked over our camping site, taking branches out of the way, etc. I also got the camp trailer cleaned up from last week's trip.

Karen, hope you are feeling better now. I had a "blah" stomach most of last week. Also wanted to tell you that I bit the bullet and ordered the GS upper body workouts, Step Jump & Pump/Step Blast, and also Push/Pull and Supersets. You enjoy PP & SS so much I thought I'd get in on the love!

Good workouts all,

Jeanette

Good morning!

So glad that you did great on the century Jeanette. I was thinking about you as I was laying concrete. It was hot here....above 100, only about 101 though. Yesterday it hit 106 in my backyard ( and that was in the shade) Today is not going to be much better. It was already 65 degrees at 5:00 a.m. I think it was about 74 when I left for work.

Well, not much going in the workout deparment that is very exciting. I got up early today, not a problem either which was very strange, and did Foundations and Upper body. My stats were low, probably since I was quite awake and didn't push myself very hard. I had my glasses on instead of popping in the contacts, so I kept it pretty low impact.

Back to work...rats.. Have a great day everyone!

Goodness, but that's hot -- that's about how hot it's been here, as well. I think we missed it today only cause it was so overcast -- but 106 in the shade. That's just hot. It's been humid here, as well, reminds me of southern Illiniois just a little -- remember growing up there where the summer evenings were somehow hotter than the days.:eek:

These rotations are really interesting, Jeanette. I need to mix mine up a bit, as well, since I get into liking something and just do it over and over and over...

That's so cool that you bought the GS Upper Body and the Blast series -- really think you're going to love Supersets and Push/Pull. At first, compared to ME, I thought they were too easy, but I soon changed my tune -- the ball is just really fun to use on these workouts, although it took me a while to get my balance down on it.

That's great, Rhea, on getting the workout in. Now pouring concrete is also a pretty good workout, isn't it? Hope that went well, Rhea.

Took a walk this evening and realized that although I get up early (around 6AM), I mess around the house usually until about 8 AM before I get to work and am thinking that maybe I should just do my workouts in the morning. I'll give it a try and we'll see -- I usually do them around noon.

Anyway, it was IMAX2 for me today and it was good. Love the way I feel after that workout -- it's really a honey.

Am planning ME tomorrow, either the whole thing or the TimeSaver depending on my time.

How was the massage, Jeanette?

Well, have a great day, everyone and super workouts.:7

Good morning,
Today's workout was one hour of a combo of Lowmax with squats and lunges inbetween cycles. Good leg workout. I will be spinning tonite on a short bike ride. Last night I worked DH on the Bowflex. We plan on starting our running/walking while camping this weekend.

Yesterday brought lightning and thunderstorms in the afternoon, causing nasty fires on the outskirts of town, threatening homes. I haven't listened to the radio to see how everything came out, but am hoping for the best. Much smoke last night and today. Hope we don't get a repeat this afternoon. So scary... Rhea, bet you had a good view of it from your house.

My massage was nice, except I could hear the helicopters during it so I couldn't relax as much as I wanted to, plus worrying about peoples homes.

Karen, glad you liked Imax2, you always do! Good writing today, okay?

Must go now.

Jeanette

Am logging on early today as I exercised early today -- just thought I'd try to new schedule and see if I can get more work done throughout the day.

It was ME for me today -- it's my favorite full body strength workout -- always feel energized after that workout -- and so I'm only now starting work.

The target today on page count is 7 pages -- including editing what I wrote yesterday. Am having email troubles. I almost wish I didn't have all this latest technology -- sure it's fast, but it seems to never be working very well -- at least on my old computer, I could get and receive email and send it -- now I'm getting the email, but the computer won't send it... Frustrating.x(

Oh, Jeanette or Rhea, if you know -- how do you go about getting a picture on your messages? Is there somewhere that I need to go on Cathe's site to do it?

Anyway, have a great day, everybody and wonderful workouts -- oh, and Jeanette -- have a great spin.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.