KK's December Rotation

Hi Everyone!:)

Wow! Some good chats today -- Rhea, again you had me laughing -- this time over the cats and dogs and their having babies. How exciting -- all our dogs and cats are fixed so we don't have that excitement. Should be a fun Christmas for you, though.

Jeanie -- it's so good to hear from you here -- and snow -- that would put me in the Christmas spirit, too. Hmmm...how about some for LA? It's not impossible -- we live up in the foothills and once we actually had a touch of white on the ground on Christmas day.

Wow! Vacation until after New Year's -- that will be great -- should make the holidays fun and relaxing -- well, as relaxing as the holidays can be.

Jeanette -- that's terrific that you got your tree up -- isn't it exciting when it goes up? I don't know what it is about it -- I keep the lights lit up constantly -- I just love to look at it.

You know, I'm mostly sensitive to scents that are chemical based. Don't know of any that are natural that I can't take -- it's the chemical perfumes and such that really give me a hard time. Went to an opera last year and had to sit there with one of those paint masks on -- the perfume was so heavy that even that wasn't quite enough. But yes, the perfumes really bother me -- although I know some people who have much worse reactions than I do -- usually they give me headaches, which is bad enough.

Wow, Rhea, a whole hour and what, 25 minutes, did you say? Way to go. I love it when I can get in a really long workout, but it seldom happens.

Oh, Jeanette, I usually run around the neighborhood -- the neighbors all know me and often, we talk as I run by them. I sprint right outside my house -- right in the street (it's not a very busy street) -- but I sprint right outside the house so that I have access to water if I need it.

Well, tomorrow is BodyMax -- upper body -- the workout toward the end of the tape -- BodyMax is fast becoming one of my favorite workouts -- I think when I preorder the new DVD's, I'll order that one in DVD format, as well. That's so I can have it when I go on tour -- I got the DVD player fixed on my computer. Really hated being away from my workouts when I was on tour.

Okay, oh, also, thought I'd make a note that my energy is returning -- which is really nice to see -- the thing I find incredible is how long it has taken me to get back to "normal," as far as the workouts are concerned. But gradually...

Oh, and the face exercises are working -- slowly but surely -- at my age, no less (I'm in my fifties) -- but little by little I'm seeing a change for the better, of all things -- so I guess it doesn't HAVE to be that as one grows older, one also grows unhappy with one's appearance as well.

It's nice to know. Boy, how I do go on and on -- but I really love our chats.

Have a great day and terrific workouts, everyone.:7

Good morning!

Jeanie - 3 inches is great! I just love white Christmases...

The only one of those two turbo jams you mentioned, that I've actually done is the Ab Jam. It really works them abs! about 18 minutes, 1/2 standing and the other 1/2 floor. I did the Ab Jam, after doing Cardio Kicks, on Weds. I wasn't too sore yesterday, until.....I did Cardio Party #1 Thurs afternoon. At sorority last night, my abs were sooo sore. Any time I even chuckled, I could feel those muscles. I know that part of the soreness though is from improving on my form during zig/zags and the "wheel". I'm really trying to keep the hips tucked and the shoulders back. I tend to lean forward a bit and it really does take the work out of the abs and puts it more into the back. I'm forcing myself to do something else today, except I really do want to try the Lower Body Jam, so I might sneak that in as an add on.:p

Karen, I love when I have plenty of time to workout without any interruptions or time crunches or guilt for that matter. I enjoy my workouts so much more. I really would love to do some more of the Terminator or Hardcore Extreme Workouts, but lately, no time. Well, actually, not enough energy either!;)

Well, off to work. Jeanette must be running around this morning since I think it is her day off. It is very cold here. A whole 18 degrees when I left.

Hi all!

Rhea, I was running around, just got done from shopping and will post now. This morning I did a one hour Spinerval, all at aerobic heart rate level. It's a good workout, you really sweat, but designed for base training for cycling. I'm hoping to get in a bike ride on Sunday, not sure what the weather will do. Yep, it's cold today, but at least we now have blue sky!

I've got some housework to do before an after work party with a few friends, (actually a retirement party, though the retiree, my boss, won't be there, we're just glad he's finally retiring and getting the heck out of Dodge, he was a PITA). We're going to have a couple brewskies anyhow.

Rhea, your Turbo workouts sound good, may have to try them sometime. Puppies!! We sure do love our German Shorthair. That'll be exciting having the pups.

Karen, glad you are seeing results with the face exercises. Sure makes sense to do them. I'm noticing wrinkles more and more now. I'm just not looking forward to the saggy double chin thing. I didn't start using sunscreen until about 5 years ago so I'll probably pay for all that exposure.

Well, got to start the vacuum cleaner!

Jeanie, Rhea might want the snow, but I had enough last winter to go around for a few more. Thanks, but no thanks! LOL!! We probably need the water badly up here though, we always seem to.

Will check in tomorrow.

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette, Rhea, Jeanie & Natalie!:)

All this talk of snow is putting me more in the holiday spirit, I must admit. Today it was Body Max warm up, upper body work and stretch. Yesterday it was Body Max warm up, cardio and 200 walking lunges -- boy, are my legs sore today. I'm glad I had only upper body to do as I can barely lift one of my legs, it's so sore.:+

Rhea, those TJ Jams really do sound like alot of fun. I know Jeanie was telling me that she loves her FitPrime workouts, too, says that they really do well for her. Had to laugh again at your description of the abs -- boy, that must be a good feeling though. I know I'm supposed to be doing this rotation that's just a "maintain," but boy, those lunges yesterday and the weight work today -- I'm really sore -- but it feels great at the same time. :eek:

Jeanette, those spinervals really sound like good workouts -- and you had me laughing today, too, with your comments about the boss who is retiring.:D I'm happy for you that he's retiring.

18 degrees -- wow! It was cold here today, too -- got down into the upper 30's -- low 40's last night -- and the low 60's was about all the higher it went today -- I know. I know. But this is cold for LA. But 18 degrees. Still, I remember those Vermont days so well. I really do love Vermont. Loved it then. Love it now. One of the most beautiful places on earth, I thnk.

Anyway, here we go into the weekend. I have a closing tomorrow on our refinance. It's early -- so will either put my workout off until Sunday, or grab a later workout.

Have a simply wonderful, holiday weekend!:7

Good morning Karen, Rhea, Jeanie & Natalie:

It's a frosty and cold morning today, hoping to be able to hop on the bike and do a 20 mile ride, don't know if it'll happen. It's got to be at least in the 30's for me to ride. We'll see.

It was Pyramid Upper Body (up only premix, also stability ball abs). I did a couple things different: I did biceps first and then took a short rest before the heavy set on shoulders where you work the fronts of the shoulders. I could actually finish it at the 8# weight, something I've not been able to do before. With doing biceps first instead of right before the stability ball section, I was able to kind of make it thru most of this stability ball section (it's a toughy). Great workout! This has been my favorite upper body weight workout and I've been able to get results pretty quickly from doing this one, even the Up Only Premix.

The "retirement party" last night was fun. I had a couple of beers, appetizers, but didn't overdo. My friends picked me up after work and then when DH got off work, he came down and joined in the fun and drove us back. It was nice to get out.

Today, may go to Reno with DH for a little more shopping, think we have some weather coming in so don't know if I'll get my weekly group ride in tomorrow, that's why I'm hoping to get one in today.

Karen, hope the DOMS isn't too bad in your legs. Walking lunges, I've only done them a few times, but I've been thinking after this rotation (upper body) of going back to a freestyle leg work rotation as I'm lacking in tone again in the lower body. Hard to keep it all good, isn't it?

Rhea and Jeanie, glad you are enjoying and feeling good results from your workouts too. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend, wow, only a week until Christmas! Have a little baking to do later (not today). Must get with it as Christmas will be a big bash here at our house this year.

Jeanette :7

Hi Jeanette, Rhea, Jeanie & Natalie!:)

It was a good, if a busy weekend. Finally got the presents wrapped to the in-laws in Montana -- have one more gift to send off to my daughter in New York and various cards to readers and such, but then it's time to concentrate close to home. Lots to do -- along with baking and shopping for food and such. We have a big thing going on here for Christmas, as well, with ten or eleven people coming here. Am really looking forward to it -- we'll all unwrap presents together while having breakfast, then clean up, get the turkey and ham in the oven and then we're off to see Narnia.

Anyway, workouts have been strained -- and I'm now glad that I'm doing the TimeSaver rotation.;-)

Jeanette, the Pyramid Up workouts are great -- I find that upper body workout particuarly challenging -- I've never done up only, however. I'm going to have to try that -- especially with this TimeSaver workout. My legs are still a little fried from those 200 walking lunges -- but I like it.:eek:

Am glad that the retirement party went well -- and I understand about all the baking -- I need to get in baking mode, as well -- it's what I ususally give my neighbors. Anyway, this week will probably be the busiest so I'm going to keep with the TimeSaver rotation. However, I don't have any of the CTX series, unfortunately, so I think I'll repeat week one of the rotation.

Saturday did a Sprint 8 workout -- total of 45 minutes with the warm up and cool down and stretch. Sunday was my day off.

Mon: Push/Pull -- this will be my first time doing this workout -- just got it in the mail from my daughter as a Christmas present (45 min.) I think this is all weight workout, but we'll see

Tues: 30 minute run (with one of Cathe's stretches after (total about 50 minutes -- (cardio & stretch)

Wed: Body Max (leave out upper body at the end (51 minutes) cardio, legs, anaerobics and stretch

Thursday: 30 minute run (add in another stretch) cardop amd stretch

Friday: Supersets (53 minutes) Christmas wise: bake some more -- another all weight workout, I think

Saturday: Sprint 8 (early in the morning) cardio and anaerobics

Sun: Off

Well, it's the home stretch here for Christmas -- hope your week is fun filled. I know alot of people are off from the 20th on.

Great workouts everyone. :7

Hi Karen, Rhea, Natalie and Jeanie:

It was a nice, relaxing weekend for me, with a complete rest day yesterday. Only real work I did was shovel snow. Yes, we have around 7 inches outside. DH want to go to Reno today to do some shopping so will be definitely praying and thinking about him. He will be taking my BIL to the airport first so at least he'll have company for the first 1/2 of the trip.

Saturday, I got in a 1 hour plus bike ride, really, really nice, though the temps were in the high 30's. I wore my HRM on that ride and was surprised to see my HR go as high, though I didn't feel the effort. Seems much harder effort on the trainer. Am consulting with my Ironman girlfriend re: heart rates. She's helping me to structure my training for the little riding I do, to make it count more. I'm going to have to watch that I don't let my heart rate get too high on some of the endurance rides. Then for the interval rides, I'll let it get up there. I have a couple books on heart rate training that should arrive soon, one by Sally Edwards and the other by Joe Friel, both recommended reading.

Yesterday was pretty much lounging around and I also made some English toffee that uses saltines. It's really good, but I made it for gifts so it will be out of the house soon. I also received a gift of homemade Christmas cookies yesterday, but will take them to work where they will get eaten up quickly. I just cannot have it in the house or I will nibble. I've put on a couple of pounds that don't seem to want to come off so I'm going to really flush with water today as I feel like it's water weight. Oh well.

Karen, glad you got your wrapping done, I haven't started yet. I will pick up a couple of gift cards after work for DH to give as gifts for the guys in our family. Also have to stock up on some healthy food.

Karen, hope you like Push/Pull, that and Supersets I don't own, but they do look like fun.

Good workouts to all.

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette, Rhea, Jeanie & Natalie!;-)

Sounds like you had a really nice day, Jeanette, from the bike ride on Saturday and the relaxing day yesterday. Mostly I spent the day yesterday shopping for food, cleaning and then wrapping -- but I got off all the letters and packages today and then came back and started my baking. It's just a start -- but it's a good start.

Jeanette, could you let me know what you think of those books that you bought -- I haven't found much on the heart rate -- but then I've had my attention on other things and have only done a tiny bit of a search -- but I'd like to know more, too.

You shoveled snow... I know it's a chore, but what a wonderful Christmas environment you'll have. It was cold here on Saturday and Sunday, but warmed up today -- and we've had that cloud cover recently, too -- although it burnt off today.

Oh, Push/pull was a good workout -- not as hard as ME or Power Hour -- but it's one I'll do over and over, I can see that now -- Cathe actually had me laughing aloud at some comment she made -- can't remember what it was now -- but I really enjoyed the workout and I'll do it again -- there's literally no cardio in it -- but you work hard, nonetheless.

Well, tomorrow is a 30 minute run and then a stretch -- I think I'll really enjoy both. My weight is both up and down lately -- I'm eating more carbs than usual -- and I know I need to keep that at a minimum -- but perhaps after Christmas and all my Christmas baking.

Well, have a great workout tomorrow, Jeanette -- the snow sounds like fun to one here that has no snow to enjoy (or to shovel). Happy workouts everyone. And have a simply wonderful day.:7

Good morning all:

It was S&H biceps and triceps for me today, really burning now! I'll tack on abs to tomorrow's all step workout of my choice. I really concentrated on lots of water yesterday and some of the weight gain is down. Today, however, our department is making breakfast burritos so I'll just have a small one. Always something.

Saw 2 of my biker buddies after work at the grocery store. We've planned a ride on Christmas Eve day. Weather looks like it will be okay and at least in the 40's. I'm looking forward to it and sure it will challenge me.

Bummer, my wine kit that I was giving to my mom arrived by UPS yesterday, ruptured. I've emailed the company and will also talk to them on the phone to see what can be done. My son in Reno has offered to pick up another kit in Reno for me so that Mom will have it on Christmas day. He's a sweetie.

It rained a lot yesterday so our snow is sloppy and fading fast. Should be in the 40's all week and rainy off and on. Should be this way thru Christmas they say. Doesn't look like a white one, but that's okay with me. Last year's snow was enough and I've lived here since 1974. Enough whining.

Must pick up another package at the Post Office after work, stop by Sears, and start doing some wrapping.

Karen, my books haven't come in yet, but maybe today. I'll keep you posted. Glad you liked Push/Pull. It and Supersets always looks good and think they have good music. The music does make a difference to me, that's why I think I enjoy the Intensity Series so much. Imax2 yesterday was fun. S&H's music I enjoy also.

Hope everyone stays with working out to some extent this week and moderate in their eating. I'll sure try.

Jeanette :7

Good morning Karen Kay, Jeanette, Rhea, & Natalie!

Wow, you are all so busy getting into the Christmas spirit! I still have lots of shopping to do. My problem is that nobody will tell me what they want. Grr!!!

I'm glad to hear you all like Push Pull/Supersets. I think that dvd is underrated. I agree with you Jeanette, the music is great in this one. If the music isn't good, I have a hard time wanting to do the workout.

Well, I just saw that my TLT's won't be shipped to late December. I was hoping to have them while I was off between Christmas and New Year's, but it doesn't look really encouraging. I'm so greedy!

Have a great day everyone!

Jeanie

Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Natalie & Jeanie!:)

It's so nice to see you here again, Jeanie. Hope you'll continue to drop by and let us know how you're doing. By the way, what are TLT's? Sorry they won't arrive until after Christmas, but at least we have plenty of workouts to keep us busy in the meantime.

Jeanette, you made me laugh with your comment about it's always something. I was three pounds heavy this morning after baking all day (and tasting everything). Unfortunately with stevia I have to taste and taste and taste because I'm really working with almost no recipe. Sigh... But the cookies came out well -- at least the guys love them.:9

Great on losing that weight. I'm following your example today and drinking lots of water -- something I wasn't doing yesterday -- I get so busy with things that oftentimes I forget to keep drinking that water. Makes a difference.

Oh, Jeanette, what a perfect thing to do on Christmas eve -- it sounds like such fun. I'll be in the kitchen baking and cooking and stuff -- and of course, I'll be wrapping, too. But I do like kitchen work -- it's a good thing, huh?

Oh, that is sweet of your son to go and get a replacement -- bummer that it arrived like that -- means extra work, etc.

Have to remember -- as soon as I finish this post, I want to go and preorder the new series. May as well get it at a discount. As it turns out, I end up pretty much getting the entire series's over time -- may as start from the beginning and get that discount. I think at the same time, I might order Body Max in DVD format -- I just love that workout. Anyway, we'll see.

Today is was a 30 minute run (5-8 minute warm up) then the run -- followed by the stability ball stretch -- gee, that's a good one -- really feels good -- it's the first time I've done that stretch as my stability ball is new. Yes, I really like the music on Push/pull and am looking forward to doing the rest of the DVD on Friday -- tomorrow it's Body Max first two sections with warm up and cool down -- should be about 45-50 minutes, I think -- and it's a good cardio/anaerobic workout.

Well, hope you have fun today -- my daughter and I are going shopping tonight -- that will be fun -- I always love doing that. I'm with you, Jeanette, in keeping the workouts going despite the busy season -- it's hard sometimes.

Have a terrific day, everyone -- and great workouts.

It was different combos from the Timesaver DVD, plus stability ball abs from Timesaver too. All steady state cardio but lots of fun. My pup came out to see me when I got to the pikes on the ball, for some reason, she always does. Maybe she thinks I can't do them without her. She wants to lick my face when I'm doing them, which of course makes me laugh. Anyway, I was almost done with them when she came out so I got most of them in.

The breakfast burrito feed in the morning at work was nice. I just had a small one. There is food laid out at work everywhere. My weakness is chips and salsa, course other times I'll say my weakness is cookies, just depends I guess. I'm drinking more water and find that when I do that, I start getting hungrier and my food digests better, instead of sitting like a lump in my stomach. Actually, I prefer that hungry feeling to no feeling at all.

Jeanie, so glad you are getting to post more often. We like it! Too bad you don't have your Tracie Long workouts yet. I looked at a clip of them and they look interesting. Keep us posted, okay? I'm still waiting for my heart rate training books. When I check the shipping tracker, slowly they are making it to my home. They sure are slow, though.

I got an email from the company I ordered the wine kit from and they have already sent out another one to arrive here on Friday! Great service, no questions asked. They did ask that I keep the old kit for 10 days, in case UPS wants to inspect. I think I will have my son pick up another kit in Reno anyway, maybe a different variety of wine so we'll have another one to make after the first batch is done. I'm looking forward to it as it's something Mom and I enjoy doing and talking about, though neither one of us are very knowledgeable about wines, just like to drink them!

Karen, did you have fun shopping with your daughter? Bet it was!! I'm looking forward to shopping with my son's girlfriend after the holidays. We'll probably look for some towels for our bathroom, decorations, etc., sheets. We'll do that in Reno.

Rhea, it is really raining outside now, all this snow will be gone soon, leaving a lot of sloppiness! Are the puppies going to be born on Christmas Day? Has your dog had pups before?

Well, must run today. Maybe I'll get some wrapping done tonite. Glad I'm off on Friday. If I can, I'm going to do a short Spinerval workout after work, before DH comes home. Don't want to do it on Friday, the day before a bike ride as it takes too much out of me.

Good workouts and moderation in munching (if surrounded by temptation like I am). :7

Jeanette

Good morning!

Still no puppies. I figure she isn't due until the 27th, so I have a funny feeling that they might be Christmas babies.

I got to do Core Foundations and one of the Kathy Smith Timesaver Cardios. I ate a lot of carpet on the Core Foundations, my balance was really bad. I've lost some strength in the core that's for sure! I'm going to have to put those workouts back in my rotation so that I can build up the muscles again. Of course, maybe it is the extra weight that I've managed to keep on that is putting me off balance. haha!:-(

Well, trying to get a lot accomplished while the courts are slow and the telephone is nice and quite. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Jeanie & Natalie!:)

Jeanette, sounds like you're really keeping in shape over the holidays -- I'm trying -- but I am giving in to temptation a bit -- but only a bit. At least I didn't put on any more weight yesterday and dropped 1/2 lb. Guess that's better than nothing.

Anyway, both you and Rhea cracked me up with your posts -- you about your puppy and Rhea about eating carpet. I find myself on the floor alot (not intentionally) when I use the stability ball. Some of those rolling back and forth things only make me laugh when I attempt them :+ -- but I'll keep at them.

Christmas pups. What a wonderful Christmas present, huh? You'll get those abs back in shape, I'm sure, Rhea -- they're probably not all that much out of shape, anyway, I bet.

Your workout sounds good, Jeanette -- hope you get a chance to do the Spinerval. It was Body Max for me today, the cardio and drill part -- about 50 minutes -- although it always takes me almost an hour to do it -- with the stretch at the end and such. Good workout.

That is so cool that the company sent a replacement shipment on the wine. Good company. At least it takes the pressure off you a bit.

Shopping with my daughter was fun -- we were out late -- until the stores closed -- but she got her shopping done, and I did a little bit, too -- although my shopping has been pretty done for a while. I'm sure you'll have fun shopping with your son's girlfriend -- you know it was Sears where I saw some really pretty towels -- actually I picked some up, they were so pretty.

Lots of rain, huh? We have a bit of a heat wave going on -- which seems strange this close to Christmas -- was supposed to get up into the 80's today -- that's really strange -- even for LA -- at least at this time of year.

Well, I'm going to try to do some wrapping tonight, as well. Plus, we'll have a bit of early Christmas with my brother-in-law, since he's going to Montana for Christmas.

Tomorrow is a 30 minute run with additional warm up -- and ab hits after -- I might also include a stretch -- love those stretches.

Have a wonderful day -- good workouts, and if you do indulge, enjoy it thoroughly...savor it...cause soon, we're going to diet to get off those pounds... For me, since they are so hard to get off once they're on ( the pounds ) I'm going to try to take it easy -- easier said than done when I'm the cook.

Well, happy workouts anyway.:7

It was Pyramid Upper body Chest and Back today (entire pyramid) and then the step portion only from Cardio & Weights. Good workout, I was really sweating from C&W. Have upped my water and that has helped me to start to drop down on the scale a little too. Also helps me to sweat too! I also did a Spinerval when I got off work (50 minutes). I did the Spinerval because I knew I had to do interval bike work and didn't want to do it on my usual day (Friday) as I have a bike ride on Saturday. Really important for my legs to be fresh when in a group ride. Felt good afterwards and probably helped burn off the cookies I ate at work. There was yet another potluck at work, but it wasn't in our department so I didn't go (thank goodness). Heard there was TONS of good food at it.

Karen, I didn't do any wrapping at all last night, but I have tonite as I have the presents in the spare room and that will be occupied on Friday night. Nothing like pressure, huh?

It rained pretty good, but think it's slacked off. Think the weekend should be good.

And yes, Karen, I do believe in indulging a little, but will tighten up my eating more after the 1st of the year!

Jeanette

Good morning!

Jeanette - had to laugh at the slacking off the rain comment. I'm sitting here at work at about 9:30 a.m. and it is pouring. I don't think it is going to stop ever. The only good news is...no water in our basement. With this much rain, the pump is usually going, but we put in that french drain last summer and so far, not a drop of water....as my DH said...as dry as a popcorn fart. (I've never hear that expression have you?)

No workout for me yesterday, I played hooky and went to the movies at 3:00, saw Chronicles of Narnia.

Something will be in store today I hope. I'm still real tired, which is completely due to my eating habits of late. I'm sure my ardrenal glands are almost completely shot again.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Jeanette & Rhea, Jeanie & Natalie!:)

Tried to log on late last night, but Cathe's site was down for some reason -- first time that's ever happened.

Anyway, Rhea, you had me laughing with the "dry as a popcorn fart" comment. Never heard that before either. But it sure cracked me up. Glad your basement is dry -- nothing like water in the house to drive you beserk -- we had leaks in our roof last year, but they're all fixed now -- Knock on wood -- our rainy season hasn't started yet.

We're saving Narnia for Christmas day -- there will be three very young children in our Christmas party -- and so we've decided that's probably the best movie to see.

Well, somehow I've managed to have all my wrapping and baking to be done in these next two days -- I honestly tried to avoid that this year -- but maybe I like it that way -- there's something about staying up late at night, wrapping presents and waiting for Santa that's magical.:)

Anyway, yesterday was a 30 minute run (I did 4 minute warm up, 25 minute steady run up and down hills, and 3-4 minute cool down and then a stretch with StetchMax -- the first one, which is my favorite). Today it's Supersets.

Jeanette, loved the way you put that workout together -- I love the Pyramids and then the C&W cadio section -- if I didn't so much want to do the new Supersets DVD I have, I might do a similar workout today -- as a matter of fact, I might anyway -- since I'm going to be baking a bit today, it might be good to get some cardio in there.

Have fun on your bike ride tomorrow -- I'll be in the kitchen all day -- I know I will be -- I still have most of my cookies to make for my neighbors (as well as ourselves).

Well, I have so much to do today -- have to take presents to my god-daughter and her family -- go see my daughter who lives here in LA -- take her to the chiro -- and finish off my grocery shopping -- I had tried to get it all done yesterday, but didn't manage it all.

So, I'd best get to working out and then get started for the day. Happy workouts to everyone -- Rhea, don't sweat it, I'm sure you'll get right back onto the workouts soon -- Christmas is such a busy time of year -- and if I don't hear from you again (Jeanette, Rhea, Jeanie & Natalie) before Christmas -- Have a very Merry Christmas!:7 :7

Good morning ladies:

Today's workout was 30 minutes of hi/lo from Maximum Intensity Cardio and then an ab section from CTX (Power Circuit). I feel really good today, for some reason. Must have something to do with not going to work.

Rhea, hope you start feeling better soon. I've never struggled with fatigue, but someday might. Keep us posted on what you find that helps get you out of it. I saw the Narnia movie the other day. What I can tell you is that I hate the seats in the theatre. They give me a screaming headache and nechache because they force my head forward. So uncomfortable. I try to sit on the aisle so I can sit somewhat sideways. I've heard other people complain about it too. We'd seen Harry Potter the nite before, but it was in the upstairs theatre and no problem with those seats. Oh yeah, I've heard the popcorn fart thing before. My DH says it sometimes too. Maybe a Susanville thing?

Karen, I only did a little baking last Sunday. I still haven't wrapped anything yet. Must house clean today and then wrap later on. Looking forward to my bike ride tomorrow. Right now it's beautiful and hope it will be that way tomorrow. 50 degrees will be nice to ride in for a change. I haven't ridden with faster people since October so am anxious to see how I do. I did receive my heart rate training books. Finished the one by Sally Edwards and it was easy to understand. She gives you lots of ways to train, depending on what your goals are. I'll be taking a look at the other book later. Have to get moving!!!

Merry Christmas to you Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie,

Jeanette

Hi ladies!

Rhea, my grandma used to say "dry as a popcorn fart" too! You sure don't hear that expression everyday, do you?:7

Karen Kay, the TLTs I referred to are "Tracie Long Training" videos I preordered. Jeanette, I will definitely give you a review of them once they arrive. I don't expect to see them now until early January.

Well, there will be lots of social functions for me tonight, so I hope to get a workout in before the eating fest begins! This has not been a good year for me weight-wise. I've worked out harder than ever but ate like crap. I truly DO believe that clean eating is at least 80% of the equation for me to be at my best body weight. I really need to drop a good 20 pounds.

Jeanette, hope you have a great bike ride!

Love you all and wish you a joyous holiday season.

Luv,

Jeanie

Good morning Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was very nice, had a big group, I didn't count but there was at least 20. Lots of food, of course. Need to start eating clean now, starting today. I'm also sending all the leftover peanut brittle, nuts, candy, etc. to work with my DH so the guys can have it. Just don't need it sitting around here. Also have much picking up to do today, and want to help DH with a project that I've been pushing on him for a long time to finish. If the weather cooperates, I may get an easy bike ride in.

My bike ride day before yesterday was very good. Two other guys showed up, weather was in the mid-40's and we took off. Did about 24 miles of aerobic level riding with short hills thrown in. I felt I did well on the hills and was able to stay up with them. I wore my HRM just to see what intensity we were riding at, at one point I got a high of 165 on a steep hill. I'm still working my way thru the HR training books, they are very interesting.

Today, I did all of Rhythmic Step, such a fun workout. Not sure what all I will be doing rotation wise this week. I'm going to see what Cathe posts for January. I will get a Spinerval (interval workout) in one morning this week though. I was up on the scale this morning but a lot of it is water weight as the food (ham, smoked turkey, nuts) has so much salt in it and I can feel the puffiness in my face. I'll be pushing the water heavy today too.

Karen, did you like the Narnia movie?

Must go now, shower and start the cleanup.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.