KK's December Rotation

Hi everybody, Jeanette, Jeanie, Rhea & Natalie!:)

Jeanette, you are truly an inspiration -- you set such a good example -- I haven't exercised yet today -- not enough sleep, actually -- though I could at least take a walk -- you know, I will do that -- no matter what.

Okay, so workout stuff first -- did a Sprint 8 on Saturday, the 24th -- was great -- and the next day -- Christmas -- was only 1/2 to 1 lb. heavy -- though I ate my way through all the baking I did. After the workout, I spent the rest of the day up until 8:30 PM in the kitchen, making breads and cookies and pies, while DH cleaned and ran errands. Then around 8:30PM we finally wrapped -- and it took us until 2:30AM to get it done -- then clean up and get to bed. Then it was up at 7AM for me -- to get the muffins in the oven and get the breakfast casserole in the oven (eggs and cheese and bacon). Plus, try to get a handle on all the baking needed for the rest of the day -- but before I was even out of my PJ's (and without my teeth being brushed) guests started to arrive -- and so my day was spent hectically between unwrapping presents and the kitchen. What a day -- I think we numbered 11 all total -- but this is the most people I've ever cooked for all by my lonesome...both breakfast and dinner for everyone -- but oh, the looks on the faces of the kids and the look of joy on Grandfather George's face (not really my grandfather, but in Native culture -- all older men are called Grandfather). So it was a very, very good day. But guests didn't leave until about midnight and then DH and I had to clean up, and so once again, we didn't get to bed until 2:30 AM -- DH slept in but I can't really do that -- so I've been up working. But it was a grand day.

LOVED Narnia -- was so glad to see that it followed the storyline of the book almost to the letter. But I truly loved this movie.

Oh, Jeanette, did your books say anything about the different heart rates individual to individual -- and what it means when one's heartbeat goes up quickly while another's is slower to rise? The books sound fascinating. Don't you love Rhythmic Step -- believe it or not, it's a little tough for me, as the footwork is fancy.

Jeanie, do you really have 20 lbs to lose? You would never even guess it if your pictures are anything to go by. But I think you're right, diet for me is about 80% of my weight problems -- if my diet is off -- even if I'm exercising -- I won't lose the weight.

Am totally afraid to get on the scale today -- I applaude you, Jeanette for your extraordinary confront in climbing on the scale this morning. I'm going to give away most of the cookies, as well. But I still have alot of pie hanging around the house -- might try to give it away, too.

Anyway, today it's a long walk for me -- too tired, really, to do much else. Oh, the picts of the tour -- plus pow-wow picts are up at my website, if you want to check them out.

Have a terrific day, everyone. It's always such a pleasure to come here and chat.:7

Hi Karen Kay, Jeanette, Rhea & Natalie!

Sounds like Jeanette and Karen Kay had a wonderful and busy Christmas! Ours was very low key, but nice. I'm almost ashamed to say this, but I'm always a bit happy when the holidays are over and my life gets back to normal.

Jeanette, I don't have Rythmic Step, but I've always wanted it. I think what made my shy away is the fact that it's a bit dancier.

Karen Kay, I do indeed need to drop 20 lbs. I think the fact that I'm an hourglass shape with a tiny waist allows me to carry more weight without looking obviously overweight. Goodness Karen Kay, I looked at the new pics you posted, and you are just drop-dead gorgeous! I bet your husband and girls just love showing you off! When I look at your photos, it really gives me incentive to eat clean, since I know you do that and it obviously keeps you looking SO YOUNG!!!!!

Well ladies, I'm sipping on a glass of red wine now. I have to be a little bad over the holidays you know!

}(

Jeanie

Hi everyone,

I have missed posting over the holidays. It's great to be back and I hope everyone had a restful holiday. I too had a glass of red wine tonight Jeanie. I try to stay away from sweets but I figure a little wine is good for your heart so not completely empty calories.

I'm doing the December rotation and I didn't realize that week 3 had 2 Thursdays in it by mistake until I got to that Thursday!

I think I'm ready to go back and use the Gym Style workouts next month is some sort of strength rotation so if they are not included in the January rotation, I may go back and do the one from the earlier this year.

Natalie

Good morning all:

Don't have much time to post today. I have to take our little dachshund to the vet's this morning to be spayed, couple retained baby teeth removed and back dew claws removed. I feel so bad for her, she's a special one to me.

Did The Viper this morning, ran out of time and didn't do the last Imax2 interval and pushups but these are great compilations (from The Terminator DVD) and the time does fly. Tomorrow, I plan on doing a Spinerval workout, will be interval stuff.

Been thinking that for the new year, I'd like to start incorporating some yoga/stretching into my rotations as lately I've been a bit more plagued by muscle soreness and small injuries. I've got a few Bryan Kest Power Yoga DVD's that I remember were pretty tough and some Karen Voight yoga and various others.

I really drank a bunch of water yesterday, threw away all the temptations (sweet potato casserole, cheesecake), sent goodies with my DH today to work.

Karen, glad you liked the Narnia movie. I saw it the evening after I saw Harry Potter so it was tough to come down in the intensity (viewing wise).

Must go now and get in the shower. Good workouts to all. Karen, I'll try to answer the heart rate question later.

Jeanette

Good morning all!

I'm back at work, so I can post! My computer at home is completely slow with the forums lately, so I've given up trying to post while at home.

Looks like everyone had a great Holiday. I'm so glad. Nice to see you again Natalie. I figured you had been really busy since we hadn't heard from you.

Let's see, workouts....I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party on Friday, along with the Abs Jam, just the standing abs. Then Saturday I did Step Blast and took the teenage dog for a walk trying to get some training in. Yesterday and Christmas were forced days off. Doing way too much, not enough time to get that workout in.

Well, Christmas started for us at 3:30 in the morning with puppies being born. She had six, with a seventh being still-born this morning. DH's taking her to the vet, she had no signs of any more in their and her sixth one was born at 9:00 on the 25th, so this was a surprise. She's been eating and drinking, so no signs of distress either.

I suppose I'd better get back to work. Hmm, well, at least start work.:p

Hi Everyone!

So nice to see a post from everyone -- and see what their holiday was like. Sounds like we all had some nice -- though -- busy holidays.

Rhea -- what a great Christmas present -- 6 new pups. You nailed it, though, didn't you? -- thinking that she might have them on Christmas? Great intuition (sorry about my spelling) on your part.

Jeanie, I'm with you. Much as I like the holidays, I'm always happy to see them over, and get life back to a more normal pace. I almost always cook too much, eat too much, and then complain about the weight I have to lose.:+

Thanks also for your sweet, sweet compliments. Made my day -- truly made my day.

Natalie -- it's really good to hear from you. I figured you were just too busy with the holidays to do much posting. Were there really two Thursdays? I didn't even notice. This week, I'm going to start my workouts with cardio -- as I have 3 pounds to lose. :eek:

Adding in the Gym styles sounds like fun, too.

Jeanette, hope your dog is okay. Always worry about the animals -- we have many -- 3 dogs and several cats -- and they are all special. But it sounds like you're really keeping pace there with the workouts. I'm going to take a page from your book, Jeanette, and send off all the sweets to my husband's workers (construction workers). I noticed today that the pecan pie was calling for me -- and I did answer it's plea to be noticed.

Today it was IMAX2 for me. It's my favorite workout, and I wanted to kick the week off with a blast while I wait for Cathe's January rotation. Am hoping that it is once more a fat burning rotation -- but in the meantime, I'm going to be doing cardio with all my rotations to try to get off a little weight. So tomorrow I plan High Step Challenge -- need some weight work with cardio -- so I figure this one fits the bill.

Well, must sign off and get myself back to doing what needs being done. Goodness, things are certainly busy...

Have some wonderful workouts everyone and a terrific day.:7

Hi Karen, Rhea, Jeanie & Natalie:

So good to hear from everyone lately, maybe we'll all have more time now that the holidays are drawing to a close.

Rhea, bet the puppies are beautiful! We just love our shorthair to pieces. She's the sweetest dog. Little Tillie is pretty darned sore, just got spayed, back dewclaws removed and extra teeth taken out. Nice little bill at the vets for $195. Oh well, had to be done.

Karen, hope you enjoy HSC. It was Spinervals "Enter The Red Zone" for me today. Always tough but think they are really helping in my actual on the bike rides. I really hope that Cathe starts putting out more low impact cardio as so many of us are middle aged and just can't take the impact of jumps, tucks, etc. Who knows, maybe she'll even put out a bike workout? Cycling (whether on the road or on a stationary/trainer) gives you a great cardio workout without wearing out your joints.

It's really raining here today. Looks like it will be doing this till the end of the year. I have a bike ride planned for the weekend but don't know if that'll happen at all. If not, I've got my aerobase Spinerval as I've already gotten my interval workout in YAHOO!

Must go now. Great workouts everyone.

Jeanette:7

Good morning everyone!

Yep, it is just pouring buckets up here. Very eerie coming to work, nobody on the road. If the radio hadn't been on with the local guys talking away, I would have sworn that there was an invasion of body snatchers or something!
Yesterday got to do Rythmic Step, I know I spelled that wrong, but the fingers won't work this morning very well.....Then I added a bit of Core Foundations to get some core work. It felt great. I'm so glad that the workouts are feeling good again and I ahve that nice little endorphine rush to motivate me. I have to thank you for the inspiration to do Rythmic Step, I remembed y'all talking about it and I hadn't done that one for a while. (At least I think it was you two, but now I'm not so sure?) hehe, old age creeping up on my brain!:p

Well, have a great day!

Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Jeanie & Natalie!:)

No workout for me today:-( -- Woke up with a sore throat, and so I thought it better for me to just take it easy. But goodness, there's so much end of the year work for me to do -- plus promo for the new book -- so didn't actually get much rest -- but it was good to get some work done.

Plus, we took down the Christmas decorations -- I know it's early to do that, but I'm trying to get myself back into the swing of work. Grandfather George came in and said, "Oh, the magic's gone." -- speaking of the decorations, so I said, well, we'll just have to make everyday life magical.

Hope I'm better tomorrow, as I really hate to miss a workout on a day scheduled to be a workout day -- and if I do feel better tomorrow -- again, I think I'll do some sort of circuit workout -- so I get in weight work -- but cardio, too. Still have 3 pounds to take off.

Jeanette, I, too, hope that Cathe comes out with some more lo impact -- I notice that in her new videos, there's a lo impact circuit workout. I'll be happy to see that one. Still haven't preordered those, but I will -- they look like they'll be good workouts.

It was raining here today, too, but not like you both are describing. It was more sprinkling, but it was enough that my hubby couldn't go out to the job.

And Rhea, I do think that it was Jeanette and I who were talking about Rhythmic Step -- so you were right -- interesting your comments about how sort of spooky things were this morning going to work. The day after Christmas, I was noticing that there was almost no one around as I went for a walk -- but the sun was shining so it wasn't spooky.

It's great that both of you are enjoying your workouts. Did I tell you that my daughter is thrilled with her workouts -- she tells me it has really made a big difference in her life. Really makes me feel good.

Anyway, I'd better go get ready for bed. Think I could use some sleep.

Happy workouts everyone and have a terrific day!:7

Good morning ladies!

Rhea, glad you're liking Rhythmic Step. I sure like the steady state cardio in it and it makes me think, sometimes hard to do in the morning, but you find out soon enough if you're not with it.

Karen, hope you are feeling better. I've been working with a lady that's been hacking for the last 2 weeks. I still haven't caught anything yet, but I keep up on the water, try to get out and take a couple walks during the day and just stay positive that I won't catch anything. Actually, health wise, I've had a very good year. Think we all are pretty healthy. I believe a lot of that comes from listening to our bodies and not getting too hard of a workout and becoming exhausted. I'm off tomorrow (took 4 hours granted by Governor and 4 hours vac) so will take down the Christmas tree and decorations. Also have a bridal shower to attend in the evening and still need to buy a gift. I'd like to do a yoga video too at some point during the day.

Oh yeah, today I did the bonus combo premix from the Pyramids. This one does pyramid up only for both upper and lower body. I kept my weights low for the lower body but did the same as usual for upper body. I also left out 1 set of leg presses as it wasn't convenient (I'd already set up my risers for the upper body work, didn't want to tear down again). I sure love that upper body workout! I then tacked on CTX Kickbox abs at the end, which does plank work.

Must get ready for work. I put in a request (new year) for my 4-10 work schedule, again working from 6-4, don't know if they'll allow it. It might change to 7-5. I'm trying to be positive and flexible on this time change. At least I think I will still get the 4-10's. Please send out good vibes for me as this work schedule is a big part of making this job bearable.

Must get in the shower now, good workouts everyone!

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette, Rhea, Natalie and Jeanie!:)

Well, I am feeling better today and so I did the HSC -- 51 minute premix -- was going to do the 31 minute premix, but decided I'd go with the other when I put in the 31 minute workout and there was no warm up -- although the first cardio section is sort of like a warm up, itself. Hope to be over this thing tomorrow or within the next few days.

I think you're right, Jeanette. I've noticed that we all do tend to listen to our bodies and not exhaust it when sick, etc. It's hard to miss a workout -- but sometimes necessary.

Love the way you're putting together the Pyramid premixes -- I'm going to try that premix, and tack on a little cardio, I think and see how that goes. It's kind of fun to experiment a little now that I'm getting to know the workouts better.

Okay, I'm sending you some good vibes on this job and your schedule -- it's too bad that the job seems to be barely bearable -- so maybe we should send out some vibes to make it more bearable, as well. Although there are many drawbacks to what I do -- and the income is never certain -- one thing I do like is that I get to work from home.

Well, I'm not really doing a preset rotation this week, as I've sort of blown it a bit -- but I think tomorrow, I'll do some sort of cardio -- perhaps a run outside or the first part of Body Max -- and a stretch -- I love Cathe's stretches.

Have fun on your day off tomorrow -- and have fun at the shower -- that sounds like fun.

Have some terrific workouts, everyone.:7

Good morning!

Hope the job thing goes your way Jeanette! I'm sure it will. No very many people really want to be at work by six in the morning.

Let's see, I forgot to post yesterday. Been keeping up on the workouts. Weds I did Turbo Jam Mix #1 and Tamilee Webb's Cardio Blast. That was a 1:24 workout, with 1:something being in the target HR zone and burned 524 kcals. Yesterday I did Cardio and Weights, skipped most of the push-ups and all of the abs. I added IMAX2, warm-up through the second blast. Then I added the standing part of Turbo Jam abs and part of the Stretch Max stability ball. Sounds like a lot, but the total time was barely 1:30 and I rested inbetween because my DH interrupted me.

Today is an "easy" day since I have a massage. I still want to get in at least 20 minutes of cardio.

Today all the Christmas stuff is coming down. I was waiting until my sister and niece came, but they canceled because of the weather. They have to come from Redding and this storm is not too nice. Plus my poor sister got a cold, a legacy left by her DH and daughter.:7

Well got to get to work, have a great day!

Good morning, Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

Wow, it's nasty outside this morning! Think my DS will be up later as he has one more day he wants to fish at Eagle Lake. Crazy, huh?

Thanks for the good vibes for the job schedule. I won't know until later, but the reason I like working until 4 instead of 5 is that a lot of our bike rides in the summer start at 5:30 or even 5:00, which won't give me much time to get there and get ready. I like starting at 6 in the morning as there's no one around and I can get a lot done without the phone ringing.

Glad you're feeling better, Karen, and enjoyed HSC. Today I did a cardio only premix from KPC and then dusted off my Power Yoga for Beginners tape by Bryan Kest (30 min.). I've forgotten how good I feel and how much I need to stretch. Also, how hard some of the moves are to hold. I called a gal I know (my masseuse) to see if she knows of any yoga classes. I'd like to take a class one evening a week, if they have one. Wow, I feel so much better right now, hamstrings, lower and upper back, etc. I sure needed this today! I have Bryan's 3 more advance power yoga tapes which I will need to work up to.

Have to take down the tree and clean house today, also start a soup, but all this will have to wait until I get a few errands done uptown. Also have the bridal shower tonite, which should be fun.

Rhea, sounds like you are really doing well on your exercising and mixing it up good! I like doing that too! Wow, you burn a lot of calories! Even with my 1 hour Spinerval the other morning, I only burned 255 calories. What's with that?

Well, must get ready to go, good workouts everyone!

Jeanette

Jeanette - only when I really push it do I burn the higher calories. I mean, close to anerobic for part of the time or for a longer steady state. The one workout that I burned 524 was a good steady state close to anerobic, but not, for over an hour. I make sure I use my arms more or add a little more impact. I'm trying to keep the kcals between 400-500 per workout for a while just to shock the ole bod into something. I'm not sure what, but something!:eek:

Hi Jeanette, Rhea & Natalie & Jeanie!:)

Rhea, you are impressing me with your workouts. It sounds complex, mixing all these things together, but I'm beginning to get the hang of it, and it is fun to mix these things up -- oh, Jeanette, that's a good idea to do the cardio only of KPC -- how much time is it, by the way?

But Rhea -- way to go! 90 minute or thereabouts workouts. Wow! And all those calories you burned. Keep at it -- it's what I need to do to get off this extra 3 pounds I accumulated over Christmas.x(

Jeanette -- you sound incredibly busy today -- hope it all went well -- how was the shower? I, too, like to get up early before the rest of the world is awake and pounding on my door. When I do get up really early, that's the time when I get the most work done -- which always makes me feel good. So I do understand. So here's another set of good vibes for keeping that schedule.

Rhea, you make me laugh, with your comments -- "shock the bod into something..." I suppose I kinda need to do that, too, but I'm afraid I just realized that with only 3 months until the next book is due out -- I'm suddenly busy...:+

If it's not one thing, it's another, huh?

Well, for me today it was a 30 minute jog outside and then Cathe's first stretch. Actually tripped when I was jogging and skinned my hand and knee, but after dusting myself off, got up and trotted home and finished the workout -- then stretched -- and boy, did it feel good.

Those stretches sound wonderful, Jeanette. I, too, love the stretches. I particularly like Cathe's -- I have some other stretch workouts, too -- none of Brian's, however -- but again, I have to watch it on the stretch, as I seem to be able to stretch too much sometimes, I think -- if there is such a thing. I just figure over time, the stretches will get easier for me and I will be able to do them all. I have another stretch workout I like by Janice Saffol -- not sure that's how you spell her last name. But again, like you, I love the day when I put on the stretch workouts.

Well, it's late and I'd best get to bed. Lots to do tomorrow -- hope the Christmas decorations all came down easily, Rhea.

Have some great workouts and a terrific weekend.:7

Good morning Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

Happy New Year's Eve to all, it's really wet here, flood stages in parts of Susanville, some roads closed in the area. Wet and wild and now snow. My crazy son went fishing this morning at Eagle Lake. He didn't go alone so I feel better about that. Have been trying to catch him on his cell phone, but haven't gotten thru yet.

This morning I did Pyramid Upper, (up only premix), such a great workout. My DH was cheering(?) me on for the biceps part as that's always a killer for me.

Karen, the KPC cardio only premix is 37 minutes (including abs) so it's really good for adding onto a strength segment. I'm sorry you tripped and fell, hope it's feeling better today. Sometimes, though, I really feel those things worse the next day. Just the jolt of it all and different muscles working to help keep you upright. I'm definitely going to keep doing some yoga on a regular basis. I found out there are a couple of classes but neither are at an optimum time for me.

I did get my tree and decorations down yesterday, errands done, soup made and attended the bridal shower. It was really nice. Plan on staying inside today (for sure!). Might have to shovel a little snow too.

Well, time for my shower.

Good workouts!

Jeanette

Hi everyone,

My mother is visiting this week so I missed one workout but we took a long walk together this morning in the cold wind - still fun to walk with my Mom, though. May do a core workout now and will plan to do Supersets tomorrow.

I've got to get that tree down tomorrow, too!

Happy New Year - I love you all!

Natalie

Happy New Year Jeanette, Karen Kay, Rhea, & Natalie!

I have to get my butt in gear and start taking decorations down. My husband grumbles if I take them down too soon. Men! Today's plans include dinner at my dad's (for the traditional good luck pork and kraut) and hopefully a short workout. I ordered the Firm Transfirmer set off of QVC and then cancelled it after reading comments about it giving women "spongebob butt". I have to admit that a lot of leg presses does seem to bulk me up. Anyway, I have the four new TLT's coming, so that should keep me busy for awhile!

Karen Kay, sorry about your slip. I bet you would have done more damage if you weren't in such good shape. I'm amazed at how quickly my body can recover from an injury because I'm physically active.

Rhea, you are such a cardio queen! I'm always amazed at your stamina. I need more cardio, so I'm anxiously awaiting the new Turbo Jams.

Natalie, I hope you have a wonderful visit with your mother.

Jeanette, here's to a dryer week for you! It's raining here too right now, but it could turn to snow soon.

Well ladies, have a great day!

-- Jeanie

Hi Jeanette, Karen Kay, Rhea, and Jeanie,

Beautiful winter day today so went on a short walk with my Mom before she left for home. I'm going to do Supersets this afternoon to finish off the December rotation.

I have printed the Jan. '06 rotation after editing it to shorten the workouts to 60-80 minutes for 5 days and shortened each Tuesday workout to 30 minutes. I just cannot fit 90 minutes in 6 days a week and trying to always makes me feel a bit burned out and then I slack off too much the next month.

I have no new workouts ordered except for the Cathe preorders which I think will be shipped sometime in the late spring. Wow, that thread about them was a real scorcher!

Natalie

Good afternoon Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

Still soggy outside, but I did get in a 16 mile bike ride. It wasn't raining when I started but of course started raining/snowing shortly after. I stopped once to put on a raincoat. Biggest problem was rain/snow on my glasses. I'm sure drivers thought I was crazy, but it wasn't cold, so I knew I could finish without calling DH for a ride. Anyway, that's the way I wanted to start 2006, a bike ride and also, I did a 20 minute Yoga Zone tape this morning.

Natalie, I was thinking about shortening Cathe's January rotation too. I don't have/like to do 90 minutes a day to exercise. I get up early enough as it is. But I may be able to do 2 weeks of the longer workouts and shorten the other two. I need to look at it again. Guess I'd better decide soon as the first day is tomorrow...

Karen, hope you are feeling okay after your spill. Yes, it's a good thing you are in such good shape or it could have been a lot worse.

Natalie, that thread WAS a scorcher. I hate to see it. I for one have plenty to keep me busy and it's not worth being upset about. They'll be here soon enough for me. I do hope the sound issues are resolved. If it were me producing these videos, I'd sure have gotten a clue from these boards. I love the music on the Intensity and Body Blast series.

Happy New Year to you all, I've sure enjoyed this check-in thread and you all have been great motivators.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.