Killer Cardio to Compliment STS

WormwoodScrubs

Cathlete
Cathe, we all know you are THE one to turn to for killer at-home cardio.

Since you usually film your workouts in a relatively short time period, I think doing a series of crazy balls-to-the-wall all high-impact cardio is asking too much of you and your amazing crew. So how 'bout a mix of impacts, yet completely intense workouts!!

Imax 4 - like the other 3 Imaxes - 10 step/blast/recoveries mixing floor and step intervals.

KP&C 2 - Straight-up heart-pumping kickboxing cardio followed by arm and leg combos, ending with some killer core work.

MIC 2 - Hardcore athletic-style hi/lo followed by steady-state step, ending with, of course, an intensity blast.

Steady State Step Max- this could be low impact or a mix of high and low impact - just 45-60 min of heartrate-elevating step, ending with a 'challenge' segment, like Step Blast or Rhythmic Step.

High Intensity, Low Impact Max - a mix of leg-oriented drills (kind of like the blasts from Low Max and Low Impact Circuit) - done on the floor and the step, and adding a dumbbell (or med ball) for added intesity.

Agreed!

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

I absolutely agree. I would buy this in a second!

Laura

"The difficult periods of life provide the best opportunities to gain useful experiences and develop inner strength. " ~ Dalai Lama

Where's my credit card?

If I could offer two more workouts to add to this series (which I dearly hope Cathe considers):

Weighted Cardio Max, utilizing a med ball or other easily-held weight in an otherwise traditional floor plus step cardio routine; Mindy Mylrea does this to great effect in several of her workouts including Interval Express, Awesome Intervals, and Kick Butt Boot Camp; AND

PLYO MAX, a compilation disc of the best nosebleeders from all of the series, in which she pulls together all of the plyo drills from all of the workouts into one glorious bundle. The blasts from High Intensity Low Impact Max workout would be the recoveries.

Wormwoodscrubs, I like how you think.

A-Jock

I'm in for the KPC2.
Unfortunately, all of the others are much too high impact for me. I wish there was a way to get really good, low impact cardio. (excluding step - it kills my knees)

I'm up for all except MIC2 - it hurts my knees. Don't know why, but I feel it for days!!! The other suggestions are wonderful. I'd switch the MIC2 out for step kickboxing - much fun!!!! But more steady state cardio!!!

Nan

I agree with IMAX 4 and MIC2. I would also like to see Drill Max 2 and BM 3. Maybe, since the Body Max's and Drill Max historically had weights in it, maybe they could add segments of the STS weights in with it for people who don't want to buy the STS. Or, could just have cardio segments made to mix and match in with weight segments on the new online workout blender. Drill Max will just have conditioning cardio drills. Maybe even from those, have compilation DVD's-Hardcore Extreme 2 and Cardio Fusion 2.

Which brings me to another idea. Maybe once they get the workout blender up and running, they should have Cathe's favorite compilations. Say for instance if you buy all the clips of IMAX 4, MIC 2, Drill Max 2 and BM 3-you get Hardcore Extreme 2 and Cardio Fusion 2 for free since you already bought the clips, it's just already compiled.
Eva

Hey - Just wanted to post on here something I noticed today. I went through and re-read Cathe's blog, and saw this listed under the Fitness by Cathe Pink Boxing Gloves:
These same gloves will used in Cathe's next cardio series "MMA" and a discounted combined prie will offered for people who order both The DVDs and our new Boxing Gloves. We will have more information about MMA after STS has been released.

So looks like there will be lots of cardio and punching going on in her next series! :D :7 :D :7 Wonder what "MMA" stands for, but I'm already ready to pre-order!! Cathe is a machine!!

~Mona

"I wish there was a way to get really good, low impact cardio. (excluding step - it kills my knees)"

Yeah, tell me about it. That's the story of my life. A KPC2 would have me jumping for joy. On the floor, that is, not off of a step.

> I wish there was a way to get really good, low impact
>cardio.

I think there is: kickboxing is a good example (without the jacks and jumps that are sometimes added to it).

> Wonder what "MMA" stands
>for, but I'm already ready to pre-order!!

MMA = Mixed Martial Arts (Cathe posted a general description of the series in the "Ask Cathe" forum a while back, before STS even started filming).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.