kick, punch, &crunch...jumpy?

Colette

Hi, I live in an apartment so I can't do a lot of jumpy, or plyo type moves without disturbing my downstairs neighbors. Does kick punch & crunch have a lot of "jumping" movements?
:)

It has some jumping movements similar to cardio kicks when she does the jump kicks, but it's mostly in the last combination. I have only done it once so I can't remember entirely. I think there is one other combination where she jumps when doing a move. Mostly there are low impact moves that have a lot of intensity like these windmill moves that are new. Perhaps you could modify the jump kicks to regular front kicks. Hope that helps! Sandra

You can definitely modify the jump kicks to regular (grounded) front kicks. I wasn't in a "jumping kinda mood" yesterday and did 90% of the moves "grounded" and STILL had an outstanding, heart in your mouth, workout! The intensity is such that if you never leave the ground you're still getting a great workout!

Donna

p.s. And I LOVE that windmill move! :D

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

I would suggest if you do buy the tape, you might want to do the routine when your neighbors aren't home. I think it is very "jumpy" and can't really see doing it without the power moves. I know if I didn't do the high impact moves, I wouldn't get the workout I desire.

I just did it this morning, and Bayougal and Donna are right. There is one section where you do a big hammering motion, like a stylized (or real) sledgehammering action onto the floor, no impact at all, yet very high intensity. It feels good to do it too.

Also there is a section where you do some kind of punch, then pull back like an archer. That looks and feels good too.

Maybe these moves feel so good to me because I just did Slow and Heavy Shoulders on Monday...

;-) Mmmm, feelin good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.