Kevin Trudeau's "Weight Loss Cure"

fitgoddess

Cathlete
I've been a Kevin Trudeau fan, as having done various work in the western healthcare industry, I have eyewitnessed first-hand many of the things he talks about that tend to get written off as conspiracy theory and/or controversial.

But, today I was watching a little info-mercial type thing for his new book THe Weight Loss Cure (which I have been interested to read). I was completely shocked, as he was talking about this "miracle" "magic" pill (he used those exact terms) that some british doctor discovered, where you can lose up to 10 lbs, of fat he said, in 24 HOURS, and you lose 1 lb of fat every day. He said that with the pill, you can eat whatever you like (ice cream, pizza, gravy were a few of the specific items he kept naming), and you don't need to exercise at all. Oh, and get this, he also said that just by taking the magic pill, eating whatever you like, and NOT exercising, you will also get tone and sculpted!!!

What the HECK is this guy talking about???? Anyone read this book? I suppose I should read the book in detail before I start judging, as perhaps the little informercial was meant to just give the magic pill news and not talk about the other "protocol" that needed to be followed that he said was outlined in the book. And I always liked what he had to say before, so I would find it odd that he would suddenly go off his rocker with this weight loss thing.

So, I'm wondering if anyone out there has actually read the book and has the knowledge needed to shed light on this for me?

RE: Kevin Trudeau's

I haven't read the book but after reading this book review I don't think I'll waste my time:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Die..._Loss_Cure_They_Don't_Want_You_to_Know_About/

Stop taking your medication and wearing makeup! That's just bizarre. And anyone would lose on a 500 calorie diet (at least initially) but it'd totally kill your metabolism and you wouldn't be able to workout.

Now every time I see Kevin Trudeau on TV I turn the channel right away. Totally turned me off.

Sue

Go ahead and judge, please! This guy in my opinion is a scam artist. years ago he got caught by the FTC making outrageous claims that were not scientifically proven.
This book is incredibly stupid, I have skimmed over it, and tossed it down in total disgust.
Hey, anything to make a few bucks right?:-(

>Go ahead and judge, please! This guy in my opinion is a scam
>artist. years ago he got caught by the FTC making outrageous
>claims that were not scientifically proven.
>This book is incredibly stupid, I have skimmed over it, and
>tossed it down in total disgust.
>Hey, anything to make a few bucks right?:-(

I 100%, completely agree with tneah. This guy is a shmuck. He can't make infomercials anymore, so he skirts around the rules by doing "interviews" instead.

I didn't know who this guy was until I googled him - I recognize his face from a passing glance at a book cover but am unfamiliar with any of his work. However, the instant someone hawks a pill or other "magic cure" for weight loss other than hard work and disciplined eating, that individual immediately discredits himself, in my view.

~Cathy

"I always loved running...You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
-Jesse Owens

His book does contain some truths. Unfortunately, it contains questionable and downright unproven stuff as well. A good rule of thumb to follow when judging a program is to look at excessive uses of testimonials and creating an 'us against them' or 'them against us' atmosphere. Those are 2 huge red flags for me and I'm pretty sure he does this.

Carolyn

"His book does contain some truths"

Exactly...I always thought he was on to something, as he always seems to mention stuff about healtcare that I fight with people to beliieve, because I have witnessed it with my own two eyes, which is all the proof in the world. But, this whole weight loss thing had my eyes bugged out! I was like, "Well, this other stuff might be true, but there is NO WAY this is true!"

ALso, in terms of the "magic" pills he described, he kept saying "By the way, I do not sell these pills..." as if to say "You can trust me because it's not like I'm the one you are buying these from." And I'm thinking, "I'm sure he does not actually SELL them, but he probably is taking a cut of the profits!" Semantics!

I myself do not have any weight to lose, but I just feel bad for the people who actually are desperate to lose weight...they see something like this and think "Oh, you mean I don't have to exercise or eat clean to be fit and healthy?" It's just sad. It's also sad that so many people out there are not motivated or care about doing what needs to be done to be fit and healthy, and make other people rich by buying their gadgets where "All you have to do it sit in this chair and twist and you will have the abs of your dreams! Or just wear this heat belt around your waist and you will lose weight." I wish marketers would STOP taking advantage of overweight people by making them beleive that they don't need to lift a finger to lose weight! I wish the REAL fitness experts would take a stand against this and really be loud about what is really needed!

I'm embarrassed to say that this dingaling got me to buy from one of his infomercials several years ago. I even subscribed to his newsletter. But then the warning signs began popping up. First, the man doesn't know how to write. (It's called a "PARAGRAPH", Kevin...try using them so you're writing doesn't look and sound so idiotic).

Okay, so the whole inability-to-write doesn't necessarily mean he's a phony, but besides that, it's what he DOES write that wears on my nerves and persuades me to think this guy is a fake. He goes on and on ...and ON ad nauseum about how "they" don't want you to know this and how "they" are keeping people in the dark...but it's KEVIN who never seems to get to the fricking point! Kevin, say what you need to say and stop trying to convince me that "they" don't want me to know about it. I get it! It's the title of your book, for crying out loud!

So, for this man to continually carry on and use 50 pages to say what he could have said in just 1 page leads me to believe he's trying to dazzle me with his words so I don't realize that he's not really told me anything of worth. And when you have to continually try and convince people that someone else is the bad guy, at some point, I have to ask "What is this guy trying to hide by constantly trying to divert my attention over there instead of on him?"

But the kicker came for me when his company secretly billed my credit card to renew my subscription to his newsletter. I was livid! I was never contacted - never asked if I wanted to continue receiving his newsletter - was never told that it would automatically renew after two years - and I certainly didn't give him permission to charge my credit card $120! When I tried to find an address or phone number to call his company to inquire about this, I realized that his newsletter conveniently didn't publish one. I finally found an email address and tried to email him, but the newsletters kept coming and I never got a response. I contested the charge with my credit card company, and that was the only way to wipe it off my account. What a slimeball! I distinctly got the impression that he purposely operates this way because I would guess that about half the time, people don't check their statements and he walks away with thousands of dollars.

Admittedly, I do believe that the government has conveniently kept vital information from us, and perhaps even Kevin's words bear some truth, but with his history of lying, cheating, pummeling me to death with the "us vs. them" diversion tactic, and charging my card without my permission, he can kiss my booty! I won't spend another dime on one of his books...and I'd recommend that everyone else do the same.

Okay, so the whole inability-to-write doesn't necessarily mean he's a phony, but besides that, it's what he DOES write that wears on my nerves and persuades me to think this guy is a fake. He goes on and on ...and ON ad nauseum about how "they" don't want you to know this and how "they" are keeping people in the dark...but it's KEVIN who never seems to get to the fricking point! Kevin, say what you need to say and stop trying to convince me that "they" don't want me to know about it. I get it! It's the title of your book, for crying out loud!

I agree with this completely! At one point my dad when on a kick reading this guy's books. He asked me to read one and tell him what I thought. I can't remember the name of it...the one about natural cures. Anyway, I read it and kept thinking, where are the natural cures? He goes on and on about all sorts of general things you can do to improve your health(all of which he pretty much recycled from other sources..no new information there) but he never actually says, "Blank will cure blank."

I asked my dad about this and he said he thinks that if you become a subscriber on his website he gives more information. I see, so you buy the book and then you have to pay to join his website to actually get any information. That doesn't seem right.

Also, he claims that he can't tell you what supplements, etc. that he takes because the FTC will order his books taken off the shelves and he'll be sued, etc. This is a patently false statement. Stating publicly that you take Brand X of a pill or drink Brand Y water is not against any FTC regulations.

Short version: He doesn't seem trustworthy to me.

I copied this from the link provided above: " He'd have us believe that the government and pharmaceutical companies are all out to get us by joining forces in a big conspiracy to keep us sick so they can empty our pockets"

This I will say is true. As I mentioned, I have experience working for pharmaceautical companies, hospitals, and health insurance companies....so I def have had the insider experience! So it bothers me when people call Trudeau a conspiracy theorist for speaking about this stuff.....which just makes me wonder why he would have this other false side to himself.....I guess I should check the Weight Loss book out of the library to give a final analysis. I;m not saying that the guy is legit, I'm just corroborating what others have said about how some of his stuff is true.

OK, don't want to stir up controversey, but here's another quote from his back cover:

"All non-prescription, over-the-counter, and prescription medications and drugs absolutely, 100%, cause illness and disease. This is proven. No drug, including even a common aspirin, is safe."

I would not say that 100% of all scripts CAUSE disease...but I will say from my first hand experience in the industry that maybe 75% of all scripts surpress diease and allow disease to peacefully co-habitate in the body. (I also have experience in Eastern Medicine, so I know the flip side and know the difference between how western and eastern medicine work.....eastern medicine surpresses symptoms....eastern medicine cures).

Also, in terms of aspirin, it is not safe because it actually works on your liver, and in Eastern Medicine, headaches originate in the liver. So ever notice that if you get in a cycle of taking aspirin for a headache, you can't break out of it? You just seem to now be getting a headache every day, so you take asprin every day, and it just keeps cycling? Anyone who has ever had that happen to them (and I am one of them) know what I mean. I have not taken an aspirin in many years, and while I used to get headaches almost daily when I waas tkaing aspirin, I now maybe get 1 headache every other month, and when I do, I go to sleep. And when I wake up, it's gone. Although maybe the case is different with migraines? I don't know as I have never suffered on of those.

Great links! (although I'd be cautious of the ABC News and Washington Post articles, as the government and mass media are one and the same....so the mass media obviously has a reason to discredit Trudeau in order to protect it's parent, the government.)

It's just too bad that he has this fraudulant record, because then it provides the excuse for people not to believe ANYTHING he says, and unfortunately, at least some of the things he says are absolutely true. I have worked for pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, and health insurance companies, so I have first-hand insider information to such truths that most people do not want to beleive, because they are scary things (i.e., just one such example: drugs are specifically designed to supress disease and symptoms, rather than release them, so that people will have to continue to purchase the medications, because once they stop taking them, the symptoms pop back up, or the disease re-manifests) In contrast, eastern medicine is designed to release symptoms and disease by treating and curing the cause of illness....in China, your doctor does not get paid if you get sick. (I also worked at an acupuncture clinic and with other eastern medicine practioners)

Actually aspirin is mainly metabolised through the kidneys.

However it is true that you can get rebound painkiller type headaches, mainly caused by acetominophen.

Liz N

I really don't want to get into a whole thing here. I just wanted to point out that I'm not sure it's some secret that most OTC/prescription medicines aren't designed to CURE diseases, but rather to treat the symptoms. I think it pretty much states this on most medicines and I've never had a doctor when prescibing something for me tell me otherwise. Drugs are considered a managed risk. You have to weigh the benefit of having a drug that exists to relieve symptoms with the possible side effects. There are those who suffer from diseases that need relief now, even though there is no cure available. Therefore, the benefit outweighs the risk. Having said that, everyone needs to make there own decisions and if Eastern medicine can give someone what they need then I'm all for that. I just wanted to point out that the pharmaceutical companies, et.al., aren't keeping some secret about what their drugs do and don't do. JMO

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.