Kari andersons curl

lorihart

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,
On friday I received my new videos,5 of them.I got to do Power Strike 3 on Saturday morning and LOVED it.I am happy that they finally changed the music and did something a little different.
I did Kari Andersons Curl today and that was a awesome video to.I thought 20 min was going to be to long but it went by pretty fast.Her teaching is great and she has some tough moves in there.I was burning in the first few minutes.
I haven't got a chance to do my pilates videos yet but I may try one tonight.Let you know how it goes.
For anyone who doesn't have the 2 I have done, they are diffently worth putting on your christmas list.
Lori

Lori,

I absolutely love Kari Anderson's CURL video! I never get bored with this video and the routine just goes by so quickly!

By the way, is there a way to preview the PowerStrike 3 video? I've searched for it on Collage but couldn't find it. The reveiws on it have been favorable but I hesitate to order w/o previewing it because, from what I've read, the production quality on the first two Powerstrike videos was not that great.

Enjoy your new videos!

Alexandra

Lori & Aly!

Lori, thanks for the tip. I have been eyeing "Curl" for awhile! I've never had a Kari tape before.

Aly, if you are talking abut the Powerstrike Millineum Tapes, I have 1 & 2 and I don't think the quality is that bad??? The workouts are great and I am completely devoted to only Cathe videos as I am usually so diappointed by others. I think you would like them. JMO!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-02 AT 02:41AM (Est)[/font][p]I always like Kari too -- good cuing and fun. I ordered all her new (CURL, ALC II and Hot Steps) DVDs this morning at www.homeworkout.com. They are having a special ($43 for all 3 either VHS or DVD). I heard a lot of good reviews on CURL and ALC II. Kari's cardio is not as intense as Cathe but fun. I was thinking of using Hot Steps for my light days. Glad to hear that you like CURL. Can't wait to get mine!

I am also waiting for my Powerstrike Mil 3 DVD. I don't think the quality of Powerstrike Mil 1 and 2 are bad. I heard the ones previous to the Millenium series are REALLY bad... and they don't sell those anymore.

Haslina

more info, please

I've never heard of these videos. CURL is just abs, right? Could someone please fill me in on the videos she has.

Thanks!

RE: more info, please

This is the only video I own by her so I wouldn't be able to name them out.but you could go to CKSALES.com and they have a list of her videos.They are also in Canadian prices so if you are an american then you can save some dough.
I am not going to waste anymore money buying aerobics tapes b/c Cathe is the only one I like.And if I am going to have a light day then I am not going to do anything at all.If I am going to do a workout I am not going to waste any time.
Lori

RE: more info, please

If you love to step, Kari Anderson's tapes are for you. I have all of them, and while they are not as intense as Cathe, they will give you a good workout and they are a lot of fun. She is a superb instructor. I bought all of my tapes by her from Collage, but I think she has her own site, too, and some of the older ones may no longer be available at Collage. She has some Hi-Lo, too, that I have enjoyed--Danceworks and a shorter tape in her Instructors series. She also has a couple tapes with Jay Blahnik, one step and one hi-lo that I enjoy.

choreography?

Do her tapes have complex choreography or are they pretty easy to pick up?

What's your favorite tape by her?

Thanks

RE: choreography?

I would classify her tape as 'dancy', but not super-complex. She starts out with simple moves and slowly adding fancy turns and twists... you don't have to do it till you are comfortable with the simpler/easier/1st step. You can keep doing the simpler steps and will still be on the correct foot as the dancier one. I usually find that I could pick up her choreo after a few tries... the first try usually does not frustrates me. I have had other instructors which frustrates me after the first try that I just never came back to learn it.

I have hi-lo Sweat Express (which I like... only 1 section out of 6 that did not get my heart rate up). Danceworks is 40 min of hi-lo (not as intense as Sweat Exp) and 20 min of pilates-type workout. Two the Max is a combo of hi-lo and step... a good one to get too.

FYI, www.homeworkout.com has a lot of her tapes.

RE: choreography?

I agree with the other post--I usually can get her choreography down after a few tries. My favorites are BodyTech, which has some weight work and abs at the end; United Steps, where the step is vertical throughout; and an old one called Stepworks that does some resistance training at the end with a band. I also strongly recommend the newest one, Hot Steps. There are some fun new moves in it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.